More surprising - A Cody decision, or a Cruz finish?

A Cody decision IMO

Cant see Cody out-landing Cruz over 5 rounds

Cruz has shown a little power since he has came back. If he would actually sit down on his punches he possible could knock Cody out. Cruz is the king of decisions. He will just run away with it if Cody cant connect.

Not even close cody dec...
anybody can get ko / tko ed.
Bisping rockhold

Cody Decision would be hard to fathom.
Cruz has actually dropped fighters in the past, and he finished Mizugaki.

Cruz has more ways of finishing than Cody does. The things that will decide this matchup imo are:
1: Codys cardio
2: Codys mental state (will he swing for the fences for two rounds and tire?)
3: Cruz underestimating Cody (I doubt this, listen to his Olivi interview)
4: Will Cruz be able to take Cody down? (Since he has been able to take everyone from Faber to DJ down almost at will, I say most likely)

I really want Cruz to win tho, I like everything about him and his style, and if Cody were to win it would feel like a regression back to 2004 or something.

A Cody decision IMO

Cant see Cody out-landing Cruz over 5 rounds
Well he doesn't have to outland him to be fair
People count strikes after the fight, like it means everything. It means something, but not everything.

I think a Cruz finish is more likely, but not by much. Fights are scored by rounds, Cruz against everyone not named Faber or Jorgenson does actually fight to pretty close rounds when fights are majority stand up. So really what you're asking Cody is to land one or two hard enough strikes to sway judges in 3 separate rounds and avoid being grounded out to steal the fight, and just not get blown out for the rest of it. A tall order for sure, but a doable one if he's made some improvements to his game and his gameplan is savvy.

Still think a Cruz finish is more likely though. Especially deep.

Well he doesn't have to outland him to be fair
People count strikes after the fight, like it means everything. It means something, but not everything.

I think a Cruz finish is more likely, but not by much. Fights are scored by rounds, Cruz against everyone not named Faber or Jorgenson does actually fight to pretty close rounds when fights are majority stand up. So really what you're asking Cody is to land one or two hard enough strikes to sway judges in 3 separate rounds and avoid being takendown to steal the fight, and just not get blown out for the rest of it. A tall order for sure, but a doable one if he's made some improvements to his game and his gameplan is savvy
great reply

I wouldn't be that surprised if Cruz KO'd him as the fight gets deeper. He seems to be throwing with a bit more power and assuredness since he's been back from injury, and Cody's been KO'd before even if it's not on his record.

Cody would be dizzy following Cruz for 5 rounds

Is this serious?

It's not like Cruz hasnt finished before

Cody's usually a KO artist but it wouldn't be his 1st decision, a decision over Cruz would he insane

good question and I don't know how good Cody's cardio is.
assuming it is good i'll say a Cruz finish would be more surprising.

Cruz looks way healthier and stronger physically a late finish is in the cards. The judges should reward the more aggressive striker more often

Is this serious?

It's not like Cruz hasnt finished before

Cody's usually a KO artist but it wouldn't be his 1st decision, a decision over Cruz would he insane

Yes it's serious, why wouldn't it be?
And I agree, a decision over Cruz is a tall order. One thing I didn't mention in my previous reply is that Cruz really is a point fighter at heart, in the best way possible. A lot of his tactics are built and designed to make it look like he's winning by a wider margin than he actually is, I think a lot of his tactics are built around the scoring criteria - and for good reason. It works for him.

Cody decision. No doubt. He has power enough to knock out anyone at 135 if he lands.

Back