More signs of UFC MMA becoming a joke..woman now.

Chael Sonnen can be greatly credited with all of the non-sense BS talk to gain hype over lackluster performances ultimately.

Then you saw several UFC fighters (I know, some of this started way back in Japan/Pride. The "professional wrestling" shows at times).....

But now the woman are at it. Honda at WWE events now doing "shows". All of the ridiculous smack talk from sad fighters like Correia.

And now Correia trying to stay relevant after an embarrassing loss in short order to Honda with Tate.

Connor McGregor etc..the list goes on and on of the ridiculous side show and the "hype" built for so many fights the past several years.

Bisping blah blah...it goes on and on.

Hey legit no-love lost match-ups, I'm good with that. There are legit guys still who are out to show/prove something. But today, it is hard to discern who is legitimately angry and has a beef with an opponent, and who are just hyping it up for a few extra bucks.

The thing some people refuse to accept is that the bigger the sport grows, the more it turns into a business where all decisions are made and actions taken with the bottom dollar in mind.

The theatrics may not interest you but the fighters who sit back and say nothing make a lot less money in a sport where they don't have that many years. There are fighters who are so electrifying in the octagon they don't need to promote themselves to make good money, but one thing is certain... If they worked harder to sell their fights they would make more money.

I don't care for the way fighters promote themselves these days, it bores me and it caters to people who know nothing about the sport (by necessity). I would much prefer the UFC do a better job of promotion with better posters and promos, because they're terrible, just terrible at pushing the fighters; they're much better at pushing their own brand.

I do not begrudge the fighters for doing what they have to do to maximize the money they make, however, even if it's artificial, WWE style "beefs".

Back