More Proof That The MMA Fans and Community are Crap...

It makes sense from Israels pov. Who else is there for him to fight. The clear contenderbwants no piece of him and there really isnt anyone else established as a threat to him
From Jans it doesnt. I get he wants to challenge himself against another champion but the division has finally opened up now that Jon left. There are interesting challengers in it.
Its a tough one.

We are just going to casually forget that but ONLY for this thread.

Quit with the foolishness.
So all of a sudden, Israel fighting and potentially beating Jan takes the possibility of a Jones off the table???

Or does Adesanya capturing the 205 belt make the fight even BIGGER??? Put your bias aside and think critically. If I'm coming off disrespectful I apologize. But seriously, the fight is bigger with a belt pn the line.
I think what Powerth and I are saying is spare the LHW division the bullshit. And now what I AM saying, independent of Powerth is, and I don't mean to be rude and understand that I'm not shitting on you Goshi, I'm shitting on the fight. The stupidity of it all is making me facepalm so hard. Look at it this way: These two dudes HATE each other. It's a grudge match. It doesn't affect ANY meritocratic standing. Making Jan vs Izzy fucks Glover out of an early 2021 title bout and will result in not one but two divisions getting fucked over. The Jones fight is RIGHT THERE. And Jones is wishing a motherfucker would. Besides, Jones is moving to heavyweight, right? If Izzy wins what's next? Jones, Stipe and Francis need to have their threesome first. IF and only IF Jones wins AND he stays out of trouble with the Law and USADA, can we potentially get the fight. If the fight does happen and Jones is heavyweight champ, what weight class does it happen at? Heavyweight? Do you hear how fucking stupid that would sound? The most heated grudge match at a sub-optimal weight. Or will Jones miraculously cut down to 205 after spending a year bulking up? And if he gasses early you guys will forbid me from ever using the weight cut excuse. If Izzy LOSES to Jones, goodbye Jones superfight.

Lastly, think about it this way, the fight is right there. The fight fans and haters alike have wanted forever. Fuck money or belts or spectacle or "oh the fight will be bigger". It's right fucking there. It's right in front of us and instead, we get yet another match nobody fucking asked for. At no point in these streets did i ever see anyone asking for Jan/Izzy. Nobody ever wanted that shit. I',m sure even Dana is thinking of backtracking and making that Jones fight bro. This fight doesn't BMF belts, Double champ status, none of that shit. It just needs a venue. These fools would fight each other for free in aisle three of walmart. Why wait till Fall-ish next year and risk sabotaging this whole shit, instead of just making it now. Now is the time Goshi. Not after Jan, not after Jones vs Stipannou. NOW MF now. Tell me with a straight face you'd prefer Jan vs IZzy and say it with your chest. you probably wouldn't be able to take yourself seriously saying that. Let Jan and Glover go and brutalise each other. Let us get the fight we've always wanted.

@GoshiShun17 Like seriously dude, give me one good reason why I, as a fan of MMA, should be okay with potentially missing out on or waiting possibly a full year for Izzy vs Jones, in favour of Izzy vs Jan in a weird ass fight nobody asked. If Jones wasn't a thing, sure but this shit? unfuckingforgivable. This is number one bullshit. You don't get to see your favourites duking it out potentially.

This mindset I can understand. But ultimately I can't deny that it is one of the best, if not the best fight for both guys.

And on top of that it's big for the sport overall. Jan bs. Glover is just another title fight between 2 fairly unknown fighters when we are talking about casuals. From a business perspective, NO WAY am I headlining a PPV with that. Also as I've stated, Adesanya at this point is considered a higher caliber fighter than Glover and would be a potentially bigger win for Jan.
Agreed for the most part. But if we're talking business, Jan could be a big "foot-in-the-door" for the UFC regarding Slavic/European fans. Since he's on the up-and-up, and Izzy is floating in the clouds, I think it's better business not to shoot one of their careers in the foot (while potentially holding up 2 divisions) and instead let them both keep taking/defending fights. If Jan were ALSO undisputed and defended the title 4-5 times, then sure. But he JUST GOT the title. Let him defend it before fighting a reigning champ from another division for Christ's sake!

Back