More proof that snopes cannot be trusted...

Site is ridiculous, and the fact that Facebook uses it as a trustworthy news source is even more ridiculous.
CLAIM: A bear shits in the woods.
RATING: False
ORIGIN: Bears may live and eat and defecate in forest areas, but some bears live in zoos and only shit there.
And that's not shitting in the woods now is it?
They also focus on click bait headlines designed to grab attention, then claim it's false based on keywords in that headline. For example
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/germany-bans-pork-under-sharia-law/

Reality: Merkels own local CDU were concerned about pork being removed in canteens and schools. The pork removal was happening.

CLAIM: Germany has banned pork from school canteens because it offends Muslim 'migrants.'

Mostly False.

The True section carefully doesn't mentioning pork was being removed, but rather politicians merely claimed it was. And they continue to insinuate it was just butthurt politicians claiming things (i.e. it didn't happen and they had no reason to make moves). This was Merkels own CDU too.

You seem confused about what Snopes is. They look at "rumours and misinformation". That means they are responding to the sort of bottom scraping muck that's typically found on... sites like Zerohedge or the Daily Mail. As well as all the other chain email/posts and other crap that abounds on the web. They aren't a general political fact checker.
pfft they sure think they're big shots. They see themselves as arbiters of truth protecting democracies around the world:
As misinformation has increasingly threatened democracies around the world (including our own), Snopes.com has stood in the forefront of fighting for truth and dispelling misinformation online.

They aren't a general political fact checker.
So? It's not bigfoot Facebook is interested in them "fact" checking.

Snopes Is a Sneaky Liar About California’s Bill To Ban Christian LGBT Talk
https://thefederalist.com/2018/04/24/snopes-sneaky-liar-californias-bill-ban-christian-lgbt-talk/

Snopes always always uses a strawman argument, changing the wording of the question just enough so that they are technically not wrong. Then your average idiot parrots what they think they have read. In terms of sneaky misinformation tactics, it's why Google loves them.

Snopes’ insistence that California Assembly Bill 2943 would not result in the Bible being banned in California is akin to Snopes calling “demonstrably and clearly false” the claim that Joseph Stalin killed everyone around him. True, Stalin did not kill “all” around him. Indeed, so far as we know he never personally killed anyone. But he did have a great many people killed.

One article? I've posted about a dozen now. You've posted memes, zerohedge and the daily mail. I know there's an imbalance, that's the nature of tabloid trash, fake news, CT's and chain posts/emails. They are overwhelmingly a right-wing phenomenon.

That's the narrative you are using to explain the glaring bias in what Snopes chooses to report.

Like I said, that means you are now admitting to the glaring number of biased pages on their website and are offering an explanation that absolves them of any bias in cherry picking which ones to cover and how to phrase the claims. Laughable.

I have offered we go through the links for CNN and migrants you have not accepted that offer.

There's not a lot of left-wing fake news about migrants being circulated on the web.

Funny how that conveniently fits the leftist narrative. Lots of news showing migrants in a bad light. Best to look for all the out-there claims we can debunk making them look good. No bias right?

This isn't even that critical of left. Makes look Trump bad by association, picture and all etc.

They are obviously biased too. It wasn't a random meme that started the claim, it was the MSM and whatever whackjobs there that decide Trump meant "all immigrants". So maybe they really liked that meme that they had to make a page for it, can't imagine why. If you scroll further down, Hitler and Trump together hah.

WHAT'S TRUE
Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party consistently described Jewish people as animals.

or

WHAT'S TRUE
The MSM defended MS-13 and tried to promoted a flase narrative about what Trump said to make it look like "all immigrants". One they backtracked on.

They go with the first.

If you read them they say which ones were posted by Raw Story. The search was just to demonstrate that they often report on Raw Story because they are a really trashy left-wing source that gets spammed a lot on social media. If you want an example of how that fails to demonstrate a "Left-wing narrative" but shows their general practice of tackling fake news on social media, here's one of their articles on a Raw Story article about Bill O'Reilly. You can see they are responding to an Occupy Democrats tweet which sourced a Raw Story article.

That's not representative of impartiality at all. You are saying that just by reporting on something from Raw Story, because it's a trashy left-wing site, the contents automatically is unflattering to the left? I went through two pages of links and that's not what I'm seeing. In fact overwhelming majority don't look good for the right.

Also that raw story link is buried in the article right in the middle, it's not in the headers anywhere on the age, it's not in the search results anywhere. Ctrl+F won't indicate which ones are and aren't in the search results page. Some of them just infer Raw Story as one of the news outlets covering a story other outlets also reported on.

You seem to be missing the point. What you are calling "bias" is just the nature of what they are covering. They are specifically responding to inquiries and trends on social media. That's what they are talking about as "rumours and misinformation". In terms of fake news and political content being shared on social media, what you see is overwhelmingly dominated by the right-wing/conservatives. Much the same way the right-wing has always dominated tabloid news in the anglosphere. There are of course exceptions, such as the increasing number of fake Trump stories or activist claims about corporate crimes.

I'm sure you read my post on the political affiliation of their employees. Fake news?

zerohedge
dailymail
dailycaller
<Dany07>

The TS clearly knows quality sources.. I´m surprised there isn´t a infowars quote or a link to a thread by TheDunningKrugerKid.

This thread is simultaneously hilarious and depressing.

The best part was @Judge ’s “let the market decide!” post.

I'm sure you read my post on the political affiliation of their employees. Fake news?
Real fake news, not biased reporting by CNN, is overwhelmingly a right wing phenomenon. Nearly every major conspiracy theory is a conservative one.

Allow me to visually narrate the following exchange with navigation-clogging GIFs and jpegs:

M_HY8c.gif

DUCKMALLARDWILD-3.jpg

lol I'm fucking dying of laughter here

@uppercutbus you seem very upset that Snopes fact checks more stories that make the right wing look bad than the left wing. Maybe you should be upset that the right circulates more bullshit than the left. It sounds like you want some special SJW treatment for the right, demanding Snopes check a higher percentage of left-wing bullshit just to make righties feel better.

Circulating fake news on social media is an overwhelmingly right-wing phenomenon (especially when Trumptards get involved). Not only can this be explained without resorting to claims of a left-wing agenda, but checking an equal amount of left-wing stories when the right disproportionately produces and circulates more fake news stories would actually be instituting a right-wing agenda.

Why is your head up your ass?

They published what they were told by the veterans who witnessed it. Maybe the cops are lying? Maybe the veterans are lying? Does snopes care? Have they investigated? Or should they slap their little false image on it so people who are too cowardly to investigate for themselves can feel reassured?

Somebody is lying and snopes misrepresented what the initial claim was and has made no investigation of the veterans actual claim.

Btw, there are plenty of 'bad' cop threads. Do we need another listing the times where child abuse was covered up by cops and child protective agencies, themselves? Never mind, we have snopes to let us know that that is false,

Nobody is accusing the veterans of lying. Nobody is disputing what they found.

What everyone with an ounce of brains is disputing is the conclusions they drew from what they found. Because they're stupid.

There's no doubt in my mind that those guys truly believe that what they found is a child sex slave camp, so they're not lying. But they certainly are mistaken, and any media repeating their idiotic conclusions as if they had any merit, is indeed spreading falsehoods.

Snopes doesn't need to investigate anything themselves because the proper authorities already investigated and found the conclusions drawn by the veterans to be wrong. When presented with that fact, Snopes had to evaluate what of two situations is more likely:

a) A child sex slave ring with enough power and political juice to get multiple local and federal agencies to implement a massive coverup was keeping it's slaves in a rickety improvised camp in the middle of the Arizona woods, which they then abandoned with all the evidence still in place.

b) It was a homeless camp where some homeless families that included children once stayed and the veterans who found it let their imaginations run amok.​

Since any rational individual would conclude that b) is almost certainly the correct answer, then why on Earth would they waste time and resources trying to investigate an non-existent conspiracy?

Are all rightwingers/Trumtards online mentally ill? It sure seems that way.

Maybe you should be upset that the right circulates more bullshit than the left. It sounds like you want some special SJW treatment for the right, demanding Snopes check a higher percentage of left-wing bullshit just to make righties feel better.

Circulating fake news on social media is an overwhelmingly right-wing phenomenon (especially when Trumptards get involved).
This narrative to explain snopes isn't biased doesn't pass the sniff test, you're suggesting that they merely take everything they see at face value and immediately create a claim for it with no judgement or merit therefore more right wing claims are presented because more right wing claims are made and the ratio of what content they produce reflects that. Or a variant of that explanation.

There is nothing in the links posted previously (In the interview link or the one in the Daily Mail) suggesting that's how they operate. They don't even admit they have a bias in order to create an explanation for it, but you are presenting this narrative on their behalf. They don't even claim an area of the internet (social media) as their sole source for claims to be fact checked, nor should they since it wouldn't make sense from a business pov.

Why would they operate that way in the first place? Their employee political affiliation should be higher on the list if you want to connect the dots. There are some articles on it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevl...fact-checking-the-fact-checkers/#5b98bb0d227f

What if there was a fact checking organization whose fact checkers were all drawn from the ranks of Breitbart and Infowars? Most liberals would likely dismiss such an organization as partisan and biased.

Fact checking organizations must be transparent and open. If an organization like Snopes feels it is ok to hire partisan employees who have run for public office on behalf of a particular political party and employ them as fact checkers where they have a high likelihood of being asked to weigh in on material aligned with or contrary to their views, how can they reasonably be expected to act as neutral arbitrators of the truth?

Also they don't contact people like a real news org to confirm anything. They said they don't operate that way. They've gotten things wrong and not by mistake, most likely biased with their fact checking:

http://tapnewswire.com/2017/02/do-you-trust-snopes-you-wont-after-reading-this/
How many revisions does a fact checking org have to go through?

He contacted Anresco Laboratories and found that their testing was done 100% correctly and obtained honestly. In fact, in his podcast he admits he should have contacted them first. Yet Snopes still calls this report FALSE.

This narrative to explain snopes isn't biased doesn't pass the sniff test, you're suggesting that they merely take everything they see at face value and immediately create a claim for it with no judgement or merit therefore more right wing claims are presented because more right wing claims are made and the ratio of what content they produce reflects that. Or a variant of that explanation.

There is nothing in the links posted previously (In the interview link or the one in the Daily Mail) suggesting that's how they operate. They don't even admit they have a bias in order to create an explanation for it, but you are presenting this narrative on their behalf. They don't even claim an area of the internet (social media) as their sole source for claims to be fact checked, nor should they since it wouldn't make sense from a business pov.

Why would they operate that way in the first place? Their employee political affiliation should be higher on the list if you want to connect the dots. There are some articles on it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevl...fact-checking-the-fact-checkers/#5b98bb0d227f

Also they don't contact people like a real news org to confirm anything. They said they don't operate that way. They've gotten things wrong and not by mistake, most likely biased with their fact checking:

http://tapnewswire.com/2017/02/do-you-trust-snopes-you-wont-after-reading-this/
How many revisions does a fact checking org have to go through?

Let's be clear: you're not whining that their information is false, you're whining that they don't make the left look bad as frequently as they make the right look bad. Part of your whining includes the hilarious gambit that they twist the claim being fact-checked so they can still present honest answers.

As Ruprecht has abundantly sourced for you, the vast majority of bullshit fake news comes from the right. There is no mystery why the majority of claims debunked are from the right.

Ruprecht has shown you time and time again that your initial claims are both wrong and ignorant. Now you've changed your whining points to the fact that their staff is left-leaning (which means your argument now is basically that they're the same as all non-right media). Instead of being upset at Snopes for focusing on debunking right-wing bullshit, maybe you should be upset at the way the right-wing has enthusiastically embraced the creation and progataion of fake news. It's hardly surprising that there aren't right-wingers lining up to debunk fake news stories: that's the bread and butter of the modern right wing.

Your head is hilariously up your ass.

Not new information. Snopes is a left-wing site. What they usually do is bring up something totally unrelated to the central charge to try to deflect the truth.

Like instead of asking if Soros collaborated with the Nazis, they make up this claim that people are saying he was an SS officer or whatever and call it false. Soros said in front of a camera that he participated in the confiscation of Jewish property. He said he felt no guilty about it and the Holocaust era was the best time in his life. This is fact. It's on video and yet snopes bends over backwards to say it's not true using the bs I pointed out.

Allow me to visually narrate the following exchange with navigation-clogging GIFs and jpegs:

M_HY8c.gif

DUCKMALLARDWILD-3.jpg

I've been laughing at this all morning. I'm tagging it for end of the year award nominations. #poty

Not new information. Snopes is a left-wing site. What they usually do is bring up something totally unrelated to the central charge to try to deflect the truth.

Like instead of asking if Soros collaborated with the Nazis, they make up this claim that people are saying he was an SS officer or whatever and call it false. Soros said in front of a camera that he participated in the confiscation of Jewish property. He said he felt no guilty about it and the Holocaust era was the best time in his life. This is fact. It's on video and yet snopes bends over backwards to say it's not true using the bs I pointed out.

Sounds like your head is up your ass. They go into great, lengthy detail regarding Nazi collaboration and statements he made about "enjoying" the Holocaust.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/george-soros-ss-nazi-germany/

Part of your whining includes the hilarious gambit that they twist the claim being fact-checked so they can still present honest answers.
prove me wrong:

Your friend Ruprecht presented this one already:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-animals-hitler/

No bias huh? They fact check a random meme rather than the actual story about the MSM and the animals remark they got wrong. As a result their conlusion is MIXED.

Question for you - is this an honest fact check, especially in the absence of a fact check of the real news?

Maybe it's a joke claim and they have a more serious claim regarding the MSM getting it wrong? Nope, that's the only fact check they have done for this piece of news. Hitler = Trump association with a MIXED conclusion when the reality was that the MSM got it wrong, no ifs or buts.

---

You want another one? Here's them looking at click bait titles and saying "miscaptioned!" in order to avoid confirming them like the SJW snowflakes they are.

FACT CHECK: Did Justin Trudeau's Eyebrow Fall Off at the G7 Summit?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/justin-trudeaus-eyebrow/

Although this video clip appears to be genuine, it does not show Justin Trudeau’s eyebrows falling off his face.

^ it didn't fall off completely! Miscaptioned!

that phenomenon appears to be the result of lighting, not follicular fakery.

Desperation.

---

Snopes.com has long been engaged in the battle against misinformation

qDxfXgc.png

Let's be clear: you're not whining that their information is false, you're whining that they don't make the left look bad as frequently as they make the right look bad.
err why can't I whine about both? Because you said so? If they lie why can't I use that to support my position? Sounds like you're butthurt I'm presenting these links rather than you proving them false.

Ruprecht has shown you time and time again that your initial claims are both wrong and ignorant.
You have both admitted the numerical imbalance for their biased articles and have provided a narrative to explain it absolving them of the bias whilst explaining why the imbalance exists. Is that not right?

Now you've changed your whining points to the fact that their staff is left-leaning (which means your argument now is basically that they're the same as all non-right media).
What? How does them having obvious employee political affiliations not strengthen my position on snopes? Is the Forbes article wrong in highlighting this concern? Or is it wrong because "I'm whingin about it"?

Instead of being upset at Snopes for focusing on debunking right-wing bullshit, maybe you should be upset at the way the right-wing has enthusiastically embraced the creation and progataion of fake news.
You are presenting this narrative on their behalf and it doesn't pass the sniff test. They don't admit to being biased in the first place. You two are also making assumptions on their fact checking methodology such as only looking at social media and CT's/fake news that appear there which they haven't described in any articles.

Last edited:
Sounds like your head is up your ass. They go into great, lengthy detail regarding Nazi collaboration and statements he made about "enjoying" the Holocaust.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/george-soros-ss-nazi-germany/

Yes, they do, by design. And none of it changes or excuses that he admitted on camera that he participated in the confiscation of property of the Jews and has continuously showed a lack of remorse. That is collaboration. Damage control years later is their excuse.

Last edited:
Back