more mouthguard questions

Sorry. I meant sculpture. Really I did. Statue....what the %$@# was I thinking.

The bite is Highly recomended to lock your lower teeth in place. Otherwise only your molars will touch. Not good if you take one from the right or left or straight down the pipe. It's very important and a safety feature to immobilize your lower jaw.

is there any chance that if your lower teeth are locked in there the might crack as oyur jaw tries to shift from, say, a hook? I understand them being firmly locked with a double mouthguard, because it covers the entire tooth and part of the gum, but i can't see them being too firmly locked with just an impression that i assume is not that deep. or are there so many of them that the force is dispersed enough? this is just for curiosity.
actually i am going to let the dentist keep the impressions, by the way. they were made to make a little mouthguard for me because i grind my teeth at night, i guess i will have to wear it a while. if i lose it, a replacement of that will be much cheaper than the savings for a mouthguard. i appreciate the offer though. i will be ordering a custom mouthguard very soon, i just need to figure out if i want that gold tooth or not, my girlfriend laughed at me when i mentioned it. i thought it would be cool funny, but she thought it was lame funny. maybe i will just go with a plain color, i am not one for style usually anyway.

Does anyone know what type of mouthguard Chute boxe uses?

sponge said:
Does anyone know what type of mouthguard Chute boxe uses?
I asked Marcelo Garcia today and he said he does no think that they use any specific kind.

Just Finished Liddel's, Babalu's and Pe De Pano's mouthguards. Look for them on their upcoming fights. These are some of these nicest people I've ever met. I'm proud to have been able to make their mouthguards. Thanks guys!!!

that kicks ass tom, great to see the company doing well, can u give any descriptions about what babalu's is like

thanks

Dynasty1 said:
that kicks ass tom, great to see the company doing well, can u give any descriptions about what babalu's is like

thanks

Thanks Dynasty

I'd really like to show the guards but I like to let the fighters see them and wear them first.
I figure it to be kinda bad luck to show them. Superstition maybe. I do that for everyone"s guards.

TomCold said:
Thanks Dynasty

I'd really like to show the guards but I like to let the fighters see them and wear them first.
I figure it to be kinda bad luck to show them. Superstition maybe. I do that for everyone"s guards.
After the fights are over you have to post all the pics. I'm with you on the superstition though.

jerrad05 said:
After the fights are over you have to post all the pics. I'm with you on the superstition though.

You know it. I'll post them and add them to the website.

Tom,
I may have missed the answer but I have porcelain veneers (partials) on my two front teeth due to beeing hit in the face with a pool skimmer about 10 years ago. Have you had any feedback regarding the "epoxy" sticking to fake teeth? Do you also offer guards similar to the Pro+ or LowPro with a breathing channel?

Thanks for your response.

So far no negative feedback on material sticking to any type of rescontructive tooth composites. The material by nature does not have adheasive properties. Also, I havent had any teeth pulled out from the impression process. If they were to pull out that means the cement used by the dentist was imperfect in it's application or duration of of time cemented.
We can make the guards you speak about but quite franky you would be at a dissadvantageous situation with breathing in a guard of that nature. Because of the increased material of an upper/lower fused mouthguard with a breathing hole, you take up the necessary breathing channels with the guard and redirect airflow through a decreased capacity orafice. They guards we make do offer the ablilty to lock you lower jaw in place but do not take up necessary breathing space. I am attending a seminar on mouthguards in a while and tend to bring up some questions regarding the pro's and con's on the upper/lower fused guards w/ breathing holes. I will be better equiped then to explain why those guards are not as protective and efficiant as they are claimed to be in the future.

I too have a fake tooth, but it is an unpermanent one. My tooth recently got knocked out during BJJ class. The dentist offered to make me one but I rather support the sport, and he's charging me 100 bucks. I wanna know if my tooth will come out if I use the "cement thingy". I just want one for rolling and nothing else. Thanks.

Actually, it only feels like cement in your mouth when you're pulling it out. I had some scrap left of the mixture and just mixed it together. It's actually rather rubbery. But I wouldn't recommend trying to bite through around 3/4 of a cm of it like what I tried to do.

TomCold said:
So far no negative feedback on material sticking to any type of rescontructive tooth composites. The material by nature does not have adheasive properties. Also, I havent had any teeth pulled out from the impression process. If they were to pull out that means the cement used by the dentist was imperfect in it's application or duration of of time cemented.
We can make the guards you speak about but quite franky you would be at a dissadvantageous situation with breathing in a guard of that nature. Because of the increased material of an upper/lower fused mouthguard with a breathing hole, you take up the necessary breathing channels with the guard and redirect airflow through a decreased capacity orafice. They guards we make do offer the ablilty to lock you lower jaw in place but do not take up necessary breathing space. I am attending a seminar on mouthguards in a while and tend to bring up some questions regarding the pro's and con's on the upper/lower fused guards w/ breathing holes. I will be better equiped then to explain why those guards are not as protective and efficiant as they are claimed to be in the future.

Thanks Tom,
I noticed on your web page that you offer team discounts. I am currently training with a former professional fighter who just opened his second school. We have about 4 guys training to fight. Is there certain criteria (number of orders or brand loyality) we have to meet in order to receive discounts.? Can we speak offline? [email protected]

Soid said:
I too have a fake tooth, but it is an unpermanent one. My tooth recently got knocked out during BJJ class. The dentist offered to make me one but I rather support the sport, and he's charging me 100 bucks. I wanna know if my tooth will come out if I use the "cement thingy". I just want one for rolling and nothing else. Thanks.

Not permenant? Is the tooth attached to a flipper or a partial? No teeth have been pulled out as of yet. I wouldnt want you to be the first. How is your tooth fixed in place?

It's fixed by a bridge. I'm gonna have to wait a bit to get a permanent one done since I'm 17 and don't have the money yet. What do you recommend?

If your asking what kind of boil and bite mouthguard to get I think it would be best to ask the fighters here on Sherdog. They have the best experience with using them and can most definately be able to help you choose which is best for you.

Tom I rephrased my question in the PM I sent you.

Back