More mass,Less fat

Gelocoster

White Belt
Reaction score
i was wondering if there is a way to gain more mass (muscles) with losing fat in the same time

Let me ponder that question...

gnome.jpg

Potentially, yes, someone can gain muscle and lose fat at the sametime. However, unless you're a complete noob to any sort of strength training, it's not the most efficient way to do things, and it requires you to be very precise and exact with your diet. You'd be far better off picking one or the other, and sticking with it for some months. Read the FAQs here and in D&S.

What is your hight, weight, and background in strength and conditioning?

Look up Alan Aragons "culking". You basically eat more calories on workout days, then less calories on your rest days. But it will take a while to notice results and progress will be slower. Like Tosa said bulking up for a few months then cutting is a faster way to do things. I'm "culking" without even trying, I just cut out some carbs on rest days.

Look up Alan Aragons "culking". You basically eat more calories on workout days, then less calories on your rest days. But it will take a while to notice results and progress will be slower. Like Tosa said bulking up for a few months then cutting is a faster way to do things. I'm "culking" without even trying, I just cut out some carbs on rest days.

Something wrong with Aragon? Or is this some pro-Paleo, D&S beef with other nutritionists?

Edit: I am in no way qualified to be pro-Aragon or anti-Aragon or confirm or dispute anything he says. I tend to like what he says and it makes sense to me, but I'm an idiot at nutrition. So I'm asking out of pure curiosity.

Last edited:
how do you gain mass eating less calories on days where your body is repairing itself?

I think it is doable, but you have to try and lose the fat slowly. Look at people who do the body makeover challenges, they lose some weight, lose fat and gain muscle. Again, if you are new to working out you will see some better newb gains as well. If you eat way less than what you need, aka crash dieting, then it will be hard to get stronger. Good luck.

how do you gain mass eating less calories on days where your body is repairing itself?

You make sure you're eating enough calories throughout the week to have a surplus going. Lets say your maintenance is 3500 calories per day or 24500 calories per week. You could eat 3200 during off days then 4400 during training days (3 days per week), that's 26000 calories per week or an average of 3714 per day. If your maintenance is 3500, you will gain weight eating like that. It won't be a lot of weight and it won't happen quickly, but that's the point. When you plateau, you bump up the calories.

I could invite Alan into the discussion if you are interested? I don't know if he has the time but he's a member here and could explain it much better than me.

You make sure you're eating enough calories throughout the week to have a surplus going. Lets say your maintenance is 3500 calories per day or 24500 calories per week. You could eat 3200 during off days then 4400 during training days (3 days per week), that's 26000 calories per week or an average of 3714 per day. If your maintenance is 3500, you will gain weight eating like that. It won't be a lot of weight and it won't happen quickly, but that's the point. When you plateau, you bump up the calories.
so, in essence, hibernate?

I think it is doable, but you have to try and lose the fat slowly. Look at people who do the body makeover challenges, they lose some weight, lose fat and gain muscle. Again, if you are new to working out you will see some better newb gains as well. If you eat way less than what you need, aka crash dieting, then it will be hard to get stronger. Good luck.

well..i train martial arts (kung fu,TKD) since i was 9..now i am 14 so..am lil old to workouts XD and my height is 173, weight 72 kg, fat percent 21% ,muscle percent 53%
i hope that helped XD, i also lose 500 calories on tredmill everyday,and ozzie...sure invite him, i need all the help i can get

Last edited:
well..i train martial arts (kung fu,TKD) since i was 9..now i am 14 so..am lil old to workouts XD and my height is 173, weight 72 kg, fat percent 21% ,muscle percent 53%

If i was your age i wouldn't worry about fat (specially with your height and weight). Just enjoy whatever you can eat right now while you're young.

If you got those bf% and muscle % on one of those scales, then don't rely on them because they are not accurate. Drinking a glass of water before using those scales changes those numbers easily.

Eat alot. Lift heavy. Worry about fat later

If i was your age i wouldn't worry about fat (specially with your height and weight). Just enjoy whatever you can eat right now while you're young.

If you got those bf% and muscle % on one of those scales, then don't rely on them because they are not accurate. Drinking a glass of water before using those scales changes those numbers easily.

Eat alot. Lift heavy. Worry about fat later

lol,k XD thx for the answer

i hope that helped XD, i also lose 500 calories on tredmill everyday,and ozzie...sure invite him, i need all the help i can get

I am not the person to ask about a diet. :) I know it is doable, but there are others much more qualified than me to help you with it. I eat to lift heavy weight, I don't really care what I look like, as long as I can stay healthy. I have to pass a flight physical every year (since I am under 40) and after that it will be every 6 months for a first class medical. If I lose that, I lose my airline transport pilot license. Well, I don't lose the license per say, but I can't use it without a medical. So I guess I can't get Andy Bolton big, but there are others that are more lean and still pushing serious weight (Konstantine Konstantinovs).

I am not the person to ask about a diet. :) I know it is doable, but there are others much more qualified than me to help you with it. I eat to lift heavy weight, I don't really care what I look like, as long as I can stay healthy. I have to pass a flight physical every year (since I am under 40) and after that it will be every 6 months for a first class medical. If I lose that, I lose my airline transport pilot license. Well, I don't lose the license per say, but I can't use it without a medical. So I guess I can't get Andy Bolton big, but there are others that are more lean and still pushing serious weight (Konstantine Konstantinovs).
well..i also dont care how i look like XD but my bodyfat % is lil much and my muscles % are lil low..my dad is telling me to drink protin shakes ..will that do any better?

No sort your diet out first protein shakes arent some magical potion altho alot like to believe it.

Back