More like Dominick LOSE--wtf happened?

Shenti

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's always sad af when a fighter with a perfect or near perfect record pisses it away. I wasn't really watching the fight but I had it on in the background while I did more important stuff. Every time I alt-tabbed over to the fight I'd see Dominick swing wild haymakers, completely uncharacteristic of him, and hit nothing but air while Cody would connect with professional looking shots and put Dom on his ass.

wtf happened dude? why didn't dom fight like he's supposed to?

some smart person come in and tell me how this happened

He Fought the fight Garbrandt forced him to fight. Garbrandt was quicker and smarter than Cruz thought, When Cruz went to plan B and C, Garbrandt had answers. He just got beat. That's all.

Dom fought the way he was supposed to. Unfortunately for Dominick, Cody knew how Dom was going to fight and simply outfought him.

He Fought the fight Garbrandt forced him to fight. Garbrandt was quicker and smarter than Cruz thought, When Cruz went to plan B and C, Garbrandt had answers. He just got beat. That's all.
This. Cruz underestimated Cody and paid for it.

The wild strikers aren't uncommon at all. It always amazed me how he connected with those looping punches. He was a bit slower with them since he was hurt early.

....Though still relatively young, I believe Cruz is past his prime...His entire style depends on speed and fast twitch maneuvers and a fraction of a second can be the difference between getting one of his quick takedowns or evading a punch...Everyone peaks at different times and certain styles of fighting ala Dan Henderson lend themselves to a longer fight career...Hendo still has his big power and his wrestling pedigree often keeps the fight where he wants it.....Cruz seems awesome and has a very unique style that I enjoy watching, unfortunately the body cannot always follow the mind...Don't get me wrong, I see him being in the top five should he choose to continue but I am not sure if Cruz is the type of guy to accept 2nd best....I also think WEC Cruz would have taken the Garbrandt we saw last night

Last edited:
Said already, but he looked the same as he always does

Most MMA fights end with win-loss
This time it was Dom.
Here is what happened.

Can't do your gay dancing avoid the fight tactic if the other guy takes center stage and demands a fight....

I suggest instead of making a thread off the back off : "I wasn't really watching the fight" you play it back and analyse.

#wasting everyone's time.

Cody didn't chase him...and he didn't bite on any of his 10,000 fakes. Cody also has great distance.

this, although I feel like Dom won the 2nd round, that headbutt n cut changed everything. Not trying to take anything away from Cody, he fought a basically near perfect fight vs Dom, but, that cut really changed everything imo.

Would love to see Dom take on someone else like Assuncao or something and then fight winner of TJ vs Cody.

MMA has gotten better. Cruz came in when no one used a lot of movement.

Now they do, with much better striking body mechanics.

Time moved on Cruz didn't!

It's always sad af when a fighter with a perfect or near perfect record pisses it away. I wasn't really watching the fight but I had it on in the background while I did more important stuff. Every time I alt-tabbed over to the fight I'd see Dominick swing wild haymakers, completely uncharacteristic of him, and hit nothing but air while Cody would connect with professional looking shots and put Dom on his ass.

wtf happened dude? why didn't dom fight like he's supposed to?

some smart person come in and tell me how this happened
He fought the wrong fight. Went in there and tried to KO Cody. Who knows for what reason, maybe he got under his skin, maybe Cruz wanted to make the fight more exciting and not have it go to a decision. Or maybe he thought its better to KO him before he could connect a well placed shot on me, since he has that knock out power. And I could still see Dominick outclassing him if he makes improvements.

That and Cody comes from a boxing background, so he's bound to have better stand up than the rest of the Alpha Male team. I think Cruz should not have been aggressive and not come forward when Cody was luring him. And just tried to make Cody miss and win his way to a decision.

I've only watched the fight once, gonna go back and watch it again to see if the headbutt had any effect on the fight,but the point is, Cody was better than a lot of people though and small mistakes can turn the fight completely. I still give the rematch to Cruz though. Although not the instant rematch. He needs some time off and to study Cody more and do the necessary adjustments. Sure Cody looked the better fighter by far in this fight, but that doesnt mean that he would be the better fighter next time. Since like I said, any small error could tip the scales greatly.

I hope Firs Zahabi makes a video analysis about this fight.

Back