More Impressive Win - JDS In First or Cain In Rematch?

It doesn't take skill to throw a hard punch. It takes skill to outclass someone in every aspect.

JDS outclassed Cain in every aspect of the game, better chin, better striking, better grappling, better cardio, he just happened to lose the fight.

The first fight was a one punch flash KO 64 seconds into the fight. I'm not saying it was a fluke or a lucky shot, but it doesn't really prove anything conclusively other than JDS hits hard. The second fight was a 5 round dismantling by Cain. Way more impressive.

I hope there's a rematch sometime down the line, but not right now

Even though I was rooting for JDS and I have a very high regard for fighters finishing fights, gotta go with Cain. Both wins were hugely impressive though, can't wait for the rubber match in the future.

They are both equally impressive. If jds hadn't landed that huge punch. If Cain hadn't dropped jds in the first. Who knows? I almost think it would have been better if junior had been tkoed by that punch because it would have seemed like a fluke and the call for a third fight would be greater now. Almost like shogun, his extreme chin makes the beating more memorable.

JDS was more impressive. Not sure how a gassed out JDS getting pounded on AND nowhere close to being finished is more impressive.

Cigano kept his hands down the entire fight & Cain couldn't knock him out.

Common sense dictates Cain in he rematch, but then again if Junior had let himself get stopped in Rd 1 people would say they're about even.

Cain for sure, I never found flash KO's in the 1st to be overly impressive.

Jds landed a punch, Cain landed an ass kicking. Cain.

Even.

Cain didnt look that good in the rematch if you look at it aftertaste, forget about Rogan

I think this is like asking which is more impressive, hitting 60 home runs in a year, or batting .375. Some folks will pick the home runs, others the high batting average.

Personally, I'd much rather lose to a judges decision, even a one sided one, than be finished - if nothing else, you're still on your feet, still in the fight, even if bloodied, after the decision. Which is why I find the finish more impressive. But I can understand why others would rather be finished than lose a one sided decision. There's probably never going to be consensus on this.

Back