More Impressive Win - JDS In First or Cain In Rematch?

The first fight easily. There is no way to look at Cain not being able to KO JDS as more impressive. It would be like saying when Cain caught JDS in the first round if he stayed down he would have been more impressive. Only Cain knob slobbers can twist this in to Cain being more impressive.

Agreed. 60 second finish over "injured" Cain is more impressive than a Decision over a JDS who was loopy from rd's 1 to 4. Not to mention the TD's.

The way I see it, JDS looked more impressive in victory and in Defeat than Cain did. They both landed early in their victories, but Cain got finished JDS fought on for 25 min! That means JDS has the power to stop the other guy, and the heart to not get stopped. And JDS kept getting back to his feet as well as broke away from the cage so his skills to beat Cain in a third fight are there!

Cain knocking out JDS in the first round, and in the later rounds JDS trying to take Cain down, who cound've predicted that??!! Ask yourself this, would you want a short 1 minute beating? Or a 25 minute ass whooping?!! That should help your debate.

He didn't do it to Cain more than once. And the others hardly have name maybe 2 who don't strike.

Honestly we knew JDS could knock Cain out even before the first fight. I called it. He's shown to be capable of doing that to anyone. It was just another notch in his belt to do that to Cain. But for Cain to dominate JDS for 5 rounds straight, including striking, was extremely impressive.

To be knocked out and people doubting him. Cain's comeback was more impressive.

Can't finish a fight?? Wow... I don't know what to say. Have you not seen his previous fights lol -_-

It doesn't take skill to throw a hard punch. It takes skill to outclass someone in every aspect.

first quote is spot on.....second, not so much

The total domination last night was pretty amazing but I think that in a few weeks its going to come out that JDS was sick going in to the fight. I'm very confident in that

I have to say both are the same.

Both were ended by a big punch in the 1st round. The rest of the second fight was academic at that point. A bit like Tim Sylvia Randy Couture ending after the big punch but lasting for 5 rounds.

Cain, he wanted to prove he was better at every MMA facet.

Ask yourself this, would you want a short 1 minute beating? Or a 25 minute ass whooping?!! That should help your debate.
I think Brendan Shaub is your hero. He never gets ass whooping due to his glass chin.

2nd match was more entertaining for sure. but the 1st was more impressive because of the finish. if cain would learn some damn sub offense we would have seen jds get finished. cain had several opportunities to sub jds but he's completely bjj illiterate. i'm always unimpressed when someone so gifted neglects any one major aspect of the game. in this new era fighters should be high level in every aspect of the game. you might be thinking "who cares", right? he's a beast and doesn't need to attack with bjj when he has superior wrestling but i would have been very impressed had cain pulled of that weak arm bar attempt or he sunk in a rnc.

He didn't do it to Cain more than once. And the others hardly have name maybe 2 who don't strike.

He doesn't need to. That's not how the term "fluke" works. It doesn't change definition because of which fighter you like. If Paul Harris finish anyone with a leglock, Roussey or Rickson w/ armbar, CC w/ LHK, Cody McKenzie w/ Guillotine, etc. would you call those "flukes"?

Put it this way, same event and opportunity happened in both fights: JDS finished, but Cain didn't. It's that simple.

To put it another way, we'll see how everybody feels next time a GSP fight comes around. Trust me, I'm already laughing at the utter hypocrisy.

Cain. Anyone can knock someone out in one punch at HW. Even Nelson could knock Cain out in one punch, but Cain would take it the majority of the time. I feel this is the case with JDS. JDS always has that chance to knock Cain out in the first round, but the majority of the time Cain will make it past said round and win an easy decision.

Except its easier said than done. For instance, Cain was unable to KO JDS with one punch.

I'd say both were impressive, but the KO was more impressive, because JDS was bloodied but still on his feet at the end of five rounds, while Cain was finished. Or put it this way - if they'd let the first fight go on, JDS could have beat on an unconscious Cain for four more rounds for a very dominating decision.

Finishing is always better than a decision. Losing by a decision is still a loss, but you can tell yourself you were still in the fight at the end. Losing by a finish means you were taken out of the fight.

I thought both were impressive but not really surprising.

In the first fight Junior did precisely what he needed to do. In the second, Cain did precisely what he needed to do.

I'm gonna side slightly with JDS because I was surprised Cain couldn't put him away. After the the first I was fully expecting a stoppage.

JDS

Cain is receiving all the help the UFC can give him in terms of timing since hes to mexico what bisping is to england

IMHO hes nothing but a well timed fluke

A HW bisping, but with a lot more luck

oviously the re-match. and i have been saying for a long time a dominating decision victory is far more impressive than a quick knockout.

Back