More hated in their prime: Brock 0r JBJ?

Nobody is a fan on bones the person just jones the fighter.

Never liked Jones and never will.

Jones is making a bigger case for the hate and it's not even close.

People saying Jones are suffering from recency bias. In absolute # of haters, Brock was certainly ahead.

I was never a fan of Lesnar but I didn't hate him. I did hate many of his fans because they tended to not be that bright. I used to be a fan of Jones but his behavior turned me off. I'd never support him now.

Nobody is a fan on bones the person just jones the fighter.

I don't know, I have seen some people on here actually like that he is a horrible person. I suppose it makes them feel better because they are also terrible human beings and Jones is actually tough so they kind of live through him.

Brock was never hated.. He had people that knew he would get exposed but not haters.. He took the UFC to another level with the fanbase he brought in

Brock. I hated all that WWE bullshit he tried to pull. I don't like Jones, but I hate Brock.

Brock got hate before and after all his MMA fights on the level that Jones got before the DC fight. It's not even close.

I am kinda surprised we haven't seen 54890890 threads speculating on what would have happened had Brock in his peak as the HW champ fought Jon Jones in his current form, with the fight taking place at the HW division. You'd think that would be a subject for hundreds and hundreds of posts of speculating on.

There were more eyeballs on the sport back in Brock's day, so I think he had more.

Jones haters are certainly more vitriolic.

Definitely Brock because he was the biggest cash cow the UFC's had to date.

- Brock is far more well known than JBJ outside the MMA world and the massive fanbase he brought over made just about every MMA purist want to rage.

Matter of fact, most Bones Jones fans are the offspring of the remaining Brock fans who loved the theatrics and villain/heel roles brought to MMA.

People didn't hate Brock as a person as much (though many did), but more what Brock stood for. They hated that he came from WWE, that he was a heel, that he was promoted so quickly (got his title shot in the third fight, was hailed as the best fighter on the planet extremely quickly etc.)
Bones' hate is all about what he is as a person. Whether he is fake, or a genuine psycho, that's what people dislike.

i was a hater during the time between TUF and him embracing the heel but never stopped mirin. the eye pokes make it hard to admit tho but he is improving, only 1 eye poke last night!

Brock. The forum used to literally implode every time he so much as winked.

Back