Media More footage of Tyson training emerges ...

Tysons prime was lost not due to loss of ability and things like that, Tysons prime ended the day Cus died and anyone who calls themselves a boxing fan should know that, Cus was the only trainer who could properly motivate and keep Tyson under control.

Kevin Rooney had him in amazing shape, and fighting like a Machine post Cus dying. Cus was mostly overseeing his training due to his age.. He was Tyson's mentor, and father figure. Tyson won the belt after Cus died.. Don King started poisoning the water not long after Tyson won the belt.. By 1989 he forced Rooney out.. And Tyson was on the wrong track..

Tyson doesn't like getting hit...he quits whenever he's rocked. I'd like boxing too if people didn't hit back.

Nobody likes to get hit.. That is the dumbest thing people say as a means of critique in combat sports. You are not supposed to get hit.. Floyd almost never got hit.. So by that logic, if he liked getting hit, then he would have welcomed being hit a lot more..

The proper way to say it would be that "Tyson did not react well to being hit".. Which is BS BTW.. Watch his fights with Ruddock for example. He dealt with it fine..

I swear Tyson was put on this planet specifically to scare the shit out of me.

Desiree Washington was shady, i'll never be convinced that tyson did anything, but that's not even the point for me, i see it as a cheap shot to put and keep Mike in his place. but that's how people are really, never let anyone forget a thing about their past or perceived shortcomings. So, people might say that shit just to poke at Mike, what about the skeletons in their closets? Also, Mike has come a long way, just him being alive still is a triumph to me. The whole rape situation traumatized him and so, no , i don't know what the fuck people are thinking when they bring it up. Not always like this guy either, who's just using it to bring mike down, a reporter mentioned it a few years ago when he was interviewing mike, the setting was all wrong for the question and mike flipped and called the guy a piece of shit. Recently, Aries Spears mentioned that he'd been in talks of being on mike's podcast, then he goes and makes a crack about rape. For the sake of a joke, don't know what goes through people's stupid heads. Fuck em though.

Kevin Rooney had him in amazing shape, and fighting like a Machine post Cus dying. Cus was mostly overseeing his training due to his age.. He was Tyson's mentor, and father figure. Tyson won the belt after Cus died.. Don King started poisoning the water not long after Tyson won the belt.. By 1989 he forced Rooney out.. And Tyson was on the wrong track..
Exactly Rooney was able to keep his head straight and make him stick to a gameplan durning a fight when he was starting to get frustrated, the fight with Tucker would be a good example.

Mike is a dufus. Jon Jones of his era. He now spews pseudo philosophical crap in an attempt to sound as if he actually learned something from his countless screw ups. Don't understand the idolatry towards a complete fool.
We are boxing fans, first and foremost. When someone brings joy into your life, you reciprocate with fondness and respect. We are all fuck ups in different ways.

Nobody likes to get hit.. That is the dumbest thing people say as a means of critique in combat sports. You are not supposed to get hit.. Floyd almost never got hit.. So by that logic, if he liked getting hit, then he would have welcomed being hit a lot more..

The proper way to say it would be that "Tyson did not react well to being hit".. Which is BS BTW.. Watch his fights with Ruddock for example. He dealt with it fine..

Even in the Douglas fight, he kept going forward and almost knocked him out.

Ok so being in a hotel room means you can rape women.

Being a rape apologists isn’t a good look boomer
That woman had a history of accusing men of raping her. Tyson to this day denies ever raping anyone, but admits he deserved to go to jail for other reasons he didn't specify.

He has a glass jaw and no heart. Ngannou would end his life.

Hahahahav yes Ngannou was so full of heart vs Black Beast or when Stiopic was bashing his brains out

So Tyson went to prison because of absolute lack of proof?

Rather than me being a feminist how about you quit being a moron? And stop hijacking the thread.

We get it, you think rape is ok.

I’m done destroying you.
He never said rape was ok. But if your son/brother/father got accused of rape I think you would want more "proof" than two small abrasions and disheveled hair before they were hauled off and put in a cage for 6 years.

Her previous accusation, if it was true should have gotten Mike's case thrown out. I just think he was a victim of rapo.

Her previous accusation, if it was true should have gotten Mike's case thrown out. I just think he was a victim of rapo.
That woman had a history of accusing men of raping her. Tyson to this day denies ever raping anyone, but admits he deserved to go to jail for other reasons he didn't specify.

Really? I didn't remember that part.
The little I remember that sticks with me was she was 18, in the Miss Black America or USA pageant or something and went up to his room.
I remember she said she was a virgin and I thought "welp, if that's a lie we're going to know it" and nobody ever claimed to have had sex with her. I'm going from memory, but I think that's what hurt Mike. Now if she decided he was her first or if he kind of decided for her, I don't know.
But I remember she claimed to be a naive, sheltered virgin and I don't remember anyone lining up to say different, is all.
Still, you're 18 and in a beauty pageant and Mike Tyson says "let's go up to my room" at 1am?
C'mon.
18 is 18, there should be a limit on claiming you just thought he wanted to be your friend.
And if you were previously raped, how would you be a virgin?
Did I fucking dream that part? It's been a long time, but...

Heavies threads gonna heavy.

Really? I didn't remember that part.
The little I remember that sticks with me was she was 18, in the Miss Black America or USA pageant or something and went up to his room.
I remember she said she was a virgin and I thought "welp, if that's a lie we're going to know it" and nobody ever claimed to have had sex with her. I'm going from memory, but I think that's what hurt Mike. Now if she decided he was her first or if he kind of decided for her, I don't know.
But I remember she claimed to be a naive, sheltered virgin and I don't remember anyone lining up to say different, is all.
Still, you're 18 and in a beauty pageant and Mike Tyson says "let's go up to my room" at 1am?
C'mon.
18 is 18, there should be a limit on claiming you just thought he wanted to be your friend.
And if you were previously raped, how would you be a virgin?
Did I fucking dream that part? It's been a long time, but...

Heavies threads gonna heavy.
i don't remember her claiming to be a virgin, she did act naive and virginal, from a small town and out of her depth, I think it was an act and it worked. She had accused some hometown boy of rape when her father found out she had sex with him, he confronted her about it and she said "i had to tell him something". Another woman said she'd seen her and mike kissing on the way to the hotel room, her testimony was also blocked. It's indiana, I hear that's a pretty racist part of the country. Other witnesses had said that she called tyson dumb and that "you see what robin givens got out of him" which doesn't strike me as a reliable witness, probably one of the other contestants who wanted to make Desiree's accusations tougher. People say a lot of things, hearsay I think is something a court decides depending on it's own bias' I guess.
Why anyone famous screws around with women is beyond me, I'm a nobody and I learned just to simplify life and not deal with them. The system we are living in makes all of us just fight and tear each other apart and for me, lifes just too short.

Anyway, these days, with me too, Tyson is in plenty of company if you think he was a rapist, after me too hit, i was thinking it was actually super common for men to pull shit they shouldn't be. trump, Cosby, Biden, many, many more have had to deal with the shit. Some of it pisses me off because I've actually had relatives who went through real rape and because some dumb bitch wants attention she wants to say some guy said something to her or looked at her crosseyed. We're living in a victimhood society now and what's being called assault today is often a joke.

Last edited:
Mike is a dufus. Jon Jones of his era. He now spews pseudo philosophical crap in an attempt to sound as if he actually learned something from his countless screw ups. Don't understand the idolatry towards a complete fool.

Idolatry?

So you don’t like him and others do.

Back