More evidence that we are messing up the climate

I’m sorry. I cannot get on board with man made climate change. The biggest climate change culprit is the Sun. We are heading into a huge heat run.

You have been duped that we can change that with money or not eating cows or not using CFCs.
You’re the government’s favourite person.

Remember when rainforests were going away and we had to stop using paper? Then plastic so we went back to paper?

It’s your personal carbon footprint that will save the world.
Not multi-billion dollar companies putting up more CO2 than every person that ever lived could ever put up in 12 lifetimes.

Why don't you just say that you don't care? You just say stuff like you know what the sources of co2 is and don't bother to look it up. Either, you are willfully ignorant or just dumb.

So we are at unprecedented levels of CO2 compared the last millions of years, yet the climate is incredibly mild and only marginally hotter than the 100 years ago? Doesn't seem like CO2 does much of anything then.

Solar irradiance has dropped. You don't see alarms when the the sun's output drops for decades and we still see a 1 Deg C temperature rise?

Uh the Venetian atmosphere still exists.... You clearly have no clue what you're even talking about.

Well I kind of do. Still living on earth with a bitch like you....OHHHHHHHHHHH

Just kidding, I know Venus still has a bit of atmosphere. Tell me what I’m missing here.

So if we don’t stop driving gas cars, and drinking out of plastic straws, the world gonna end like Venus or Mars?

How do we stop it? That’s the only thing I want to know.

And if you tell me 20 grand to Al Gore, I’ll slap you in your whore mouth:

Solar irradiance has dropped. You don't see alarms when the the sun's output drops for decades and we still see a 1 Deg C temperature rise?
There are things we can change and things that we can’t change.

We can’t change the Sun.
We can change our atmosphere.

No. It tells me that climate control is an impossible task, and that we should make efforts to adapt with the environment, not adapt the environment to us.

How much do these guys get paid to just sit at a computer and run algorithms about shit thousands of years from now? I want that job.

Who cares what happens then? They’ll be on iPhone 96 by then and harvesting energy from andromeda.

No. It tells me that climate control is an impossible task, and that we should make efforts to adapt with the environment, not adapt the environment to us.

So you think we've tipped the climate past the point of no return and you want focus all or efforts on climate remediation and forget about negating our impact? Future generations will need to move NYC, Miami, NOLA.

There are things we can change and things that we can’t change.

We can’t change the Sun.
We can change our atmosphere.

The suns output has been dropping these past few decades, why do you think the Sun has a part in the warming? We should be cooling right now.

Also yes we can change the atmosphere, we already have.

Well I kind of do. Still living on earth with a bitch like you....OHHHHHHHHHHH

Just kidding, I know Venus still has a bit of atmosphere. Tell me what I’m missing here.

So if we don’t stop driving gas cars, and drinking out of plastic straws, the world gonna end like Venus or Mars?

How do we stop it? That’s the only thing I want to know.

And if you tell me 20 grand to Al Gore, I’ll slap you in your whore mouth:
20 grand to Al Gore cause you don't have the balls to do it.

Venus doesn't have "a bit of an atmosphere".

Venus has a dense atmosphere, heavy in CO2. This causes the temperature on Venus to be hotter than Mercury. 450s F. That's just fucking insane.

Mars has a leaking atmosphere.

The world ends like Venus if we don't slow down CO2.

So how do we slow it down? Plant trees, stop doing stupid shit.

Realistically, minus the runaway greenhouse effect, Venus should likely be a habitable planet. It's not.

How much do these guys get paid to just sit at a computer and run algorithms about shit thousands of years from now? I want that job.

Who cares what happens then? They’ll be on iPhone 96 by then and harvesting energy from andromeda.
To have that job, you have to be devote your life to studying science

Co2 levels have been as high as 7000ppm on this planet and during that time life flourished fantastically well. Right now they are a bit over 400ppm. Co2 isn't a pollutant it's a resource, greenhouses buy machines that produce Co2 and pump it up to over 1000ppm to help plants grow. Plants that have more Co2 get bigger leaves, stems, and produce more food. Agricultural yields have increased with increasing Co2.

For all the talk of too much Co2 it's never mentioned that we were at a point during the last age where Co2 levels were about 200ppm and that plants die below 150ppm. Terrestrial life on this planet was pretty close to being extinguished if more Co2 hadn't been produced.

So you think we've tipped the climate past the point of no return and you want focus all or efforts on climate remediation and forget about negating our impact? Future generations will need to move NYC, Miami, NOLA.

There is no "point of no return". That's unphysical.

And if future generations need to move NYC and Miami, that's fine. They will not be the first cities that humans have had to abandon to natural disaster and they won't be the last. Since the industrial revolution, human population has exploded and lifespans have dramatically risen. I'd rather a few beachfront hotels have to relocate a little than the entire world face austerity measures from a Green New Deal.

And also, so much of these climate change "measures" are just grifting. Look at the Maldives. Several years ago the President of the Maldives gave an underwater press conference to call attention to climate change. They asked the world for aid because they said their entire nation would soon be underwater, and they needed to relocate everyone. They received in billions in international aid. They relocated some poor people off coastal property, then announced they were cancelling their plans to relocate, and sold all that property to Saudi investors who are building resort hotels. It was a big fucking scam.

I’m sorry. I cannot get on board with man made climate change. The biggest climate change culprit is the Sun. We are heading into a huge heat run.

You have been duped that we can change that with money or not eating cows or not using CFCs.
You’re the government’s favourite person.

Remember when rainforests were going away and we had to stop using paper? Then plastic so we went back to paper?

It’s your personal carbon footprint that will save the world.
Not multi-billion dollar companies putting up more CO2 than every person that ever lived could ever put up in 12 lifetimes.
true. shouldnt eat cows, though.

That ain't it chief.

Solar_irradiance_and_temperature_1880-2018.jpeg

Feel free to let me know how all the scientists are wrong and you have the real scoop tho
interesting that it bumps up in the 40s and begins to really climb in the 60s

@TheComebackKid Book of Enoch says the Nephilim taught war and animal husbandry to men, right? Couple that with the soft, “i need it all everyday” mentality born in the 60s.

Ive always thought we have been through this at least once before.

There is no "point of no return". That's unphysical.

And if future generations need to move NYC and Miami, that's fine. They will not be the first cities that humans have had to abandon to natural disaster and they won't be the last. Since the industrial revolution, human population has exploded and lifespans have dramatically risen. I'd rather a few beachfront hotels have to relocate a little than the entire world face austerity measures from a Green New Deal.

And also, so much of these climate change "measures" are just grifting. Look at the Maldives. Several years ago the President of the Maldives gave an underwater press conference to call attention to climate change. They asked the world for aid because they said their entire nation would soon be underwater, and they needed to relocate everyone. They received in billions in international aid. They relocated some poor people off coastal property, then announced they were cancelling their plans to relocate, and sold all that property to Saudi investors who are building resort hotels. It was a big fucking scam.

If you're looking to reduce alarmism I'm completely with you on that. In your first post I quoted it sounded like you were minimizing the effects of CO2 on the environment and now your stating that we can't practically go back from the amount of greenhouse gases and warming we've emitted?

Back