More evidence that we are messing up the climate

So we are at unprecedented levels of CO2 compared the last millions of years, yet the climate is incredibly mild and only marginally hotter than the 100 years ago? Doesn't seem like CO2 does much of anything then.

Like i've said in the past, for years i believe all this 'climate change is a catastrophe' claim. I'd even ridicule the people i saw on tv who were 'deniers.'
One day i realized i really didn't know why these deniers, these idiots, would put themselves in the spotlight and risk being made fun of. So i decided i'd check them out.
I started reading, listening, and watching, public talks and interviews from many of them. After a very short time i discovered that a lot of what they were saying, and proving, made absolute sense to me. I completely changed my view. I believed the stuff i did in the past simply because i was ignorant of the facts! I assumed what the mass media was telling me was accurate and i didn't question it for many years. I'm so glad i did in the end.

Establishing a cost on pollution is relatively simple biggest obstacle is lobbying by people who own carbon asset, as they can throw trillions at blocking such moves.

What actual impacts will that have? Positive and negative.

So your feeling is that the world is ending?
Unless we can gather enough money to make it not?
no, just that your poorly informed opinion on proposed solutions to the issue have no bearing on what is actually happening with the climate and why.

Case in point: you led with 'it's the sun'

Just because you think Al Gore stands to get rich doesn't mean the scientists are all getting it wrong.

So we’re all just dead then? What’s your solution so we don’t all die?
Complete BS, I live in California. we have fires every year. and my brother is a Fire fighter who's house burned down 2 years ago.

its CALIFORNIA's fault, they dont trim the foliage and the PG&E equipment is outdated and faulty.

Gavin Newsom and Pelosi are scum

Last edited:
It is nuts. And it is crazy that it has been turned into a left wing/right wing debate.
You don't need to comb through pages of peer reviewed research to see the obvious. There is no possible way that we can pollute the way that we do and it have no effect on the planet. It defies any kind of logic, reality, or common sense.
Where do these people think all their trash goes to? Think about how many water bottles, pepsi cans, and all other manners of trash that you go through in a week--and then remember that there's a few billion people on the planet throwing out and consuming just as much shit as you are.
climate threads just highlight partisan dumbasses, they will still be denying it when up to their necks in toxic sludge watching their house spontaneously combust

How is this climate change going to “end the world”.
Please, tell me.
Assuming run away greenhouse gases are being caused by man, look no further than our neighbor Venus and see what insane greenhouse gas atmosphere does to a planet.

Despite being further from the sun, Venus is hotter than Mercury.

India and China do not give a single fuck about following any of this. An AOC Presidency might really see us going to Hot War over emissions, lol.

AOC would insist on waging a green war, and you'd get your solar-powered asses kicked :)

Assuming run away greenhouse gases are being caused by man, look no further than our neighbor Venus and see what insane greenhouse gas atmosphere does to a planet.

Despite being further from the sun, Venus is hotter than Mercury.

Earth’s atmosphere is in tact and will be for a long time. There is nothing we could do barring new technology that would strip it away.

Florida isnt under water

the North Pole hasnt melted

yet Al Gore is still stinking rich 20 years later

Earth’s atmosphere is in tact and will be for a long time. There is nothing we could do barring new technology that would strip it away.
Uh the Venetian atmosphere still exists.... You clearly have no clue what you're even talking about.

Complete BS, I live in California. we have fires every year. and my brother is a Fire fighter who's house burned down 2 years ago.

its CALIFORNIA's fault, they dont trim the foliage and the PG&E equipment is outdated and faulty.

Gavin Newsom and Pelosi are scum

Yep. Just look up a list of forest fires in the US.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wildfires

These fires we are seeing now are nothing new. We had fires in the 1800s that killed thousands.

Yep. Just look up a list of forest fires in the US.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wildfires

These fires we are seeing now are nothing new. We had fires in the 1800s that killed thousands.
Pre man you know the only species capable of fighting a fire a lightning or volcanic fire would rage until it ran out of forest to burn... But but man. You’re right in the Trump era anything and everything is political.

Back