More evidence that we are messing up the climate

I’m sorry. I cannot get on board with man made climate change. The biggest climate change culprit is the Sun. We are heading into a huge heat run.

You have been duped that we can change that with money or not eating cows or not using CFCs.
You’re the government’s favourite person.

Remember when rainforests were going away and we had to stop using paper? Then plastic so we went back to paper?

It’s your personal carbon footprint that will save the world.
Not multi-billion dollar companies putting up more CO2 than every person that ever lived could ever put up in 12 lifetimes.

India and China do not give a single fuck about following any of this. An AOC Presidency might really see us going to Hot War over emissions, lol.

India and China do not give a single fuck about following any of this. An AOC Presidency might really see us going to Hot War over emissions, lol.

I don’t care either. China isn’t going to change as long as they give money to US politicians. It’s less emissions than one volcanic eruption.
It’s a money grab you’re falling for.

More and more the climate change topic feels like worrying about dying. To hear the AOCs and Thunbergs of the world talk about it, it's probably too late to do anything - short of taking near-extinction-level action that would, at best, mitigate the damage we've already committed to.

It is starting to seem like discussing how the species should prepare for the inevitable would be more fruitful than pretending we can prevent it.

So just die already. What is it you think is going to happen?

Agree amazing how dumb people still are denying all this. No wonder the planet is bleeding because people are still narrow minded and let's say dumb as fuck.

I love a good conspiracy but climate change is undeniable. In my mind its the biggest problem we face today but unfortunately is at back of the list.

How is this climate change going to “end the world”.
Please, tell me.

Agree amazing how dumb people still are denying all this. No wonder the planet is bleeding because people are still narrow minded and let's say dumb as fuck.

I love a good conspiracy but climate change is undeniable. In my mind its the biggest problem we face today but unfortunately is at back of the list.

Climate change has killed zero people but gets more funding than homeless people, starving people, people without healthcare.

It’s a weird hill to die on. But you keep it up you adorable bastard.

More and more the climate change topic feels like worrying about dying. To hear the AOCs and Thunbergs of the world talk about it, it's probably too late to do anything - short of taking near-extinction-level action that would, at best, mitigate the damage we've already committed to.

It is starting to seem like discussing how the species should prepare for the inevitable would be more fruitful than pretending we can prevent it.

Establishing a cost on pollution is relatively simple biggest obstacle is lobbying by people who own carbon asset, as they can throw trillions at blocking such moves.

Rest well. It’s a literal money grab.

It is nuts. And it is crazy that it has been turned into a left wing/right wing debate.
You don't need to comb through pages of peer reviewed research to see the obvious. There is no possible way that we can pollute the way that we do and it have no effect on the planet. It defies any kind of logic, reality, or common sense.
Where do these people think all their trash goes to? Think about how many water bottles, pepsi cans, and all other manners of trash that you go through in a week--and then remember that there's a few billion people on the planet throwing out and consuming just as much shit as you are.

Wow you are a special case.

The anti cfc campaign was a huge success.
No one ever pushed plastic over paper, it was exclusively about reduced usage.
Actually they did push plastic usage. Oil companies and Dow did push it n on the latest planet money they discuss that

Actually they did push plastic usage. Oil companies and Dow did push it n on the latest planet money they discuss that

I can believe a plastic company offered up plastic as a solution but that's a far cry from an environmental group pushing people to use plastic instead.

Ofcause it's unprecedented. They didn't have iPhones and planes 6000 years ago.

Still proves absolutely nothing.

I can believe a plastic company offered up plastic as a solution but that's a far cry from an environmental group pushing people to use plastic instead.
They did. They thought that plastic was actually recyclable. So in some cases environmentalists were pushing for the adoption of plastic and recycling. It's pretty nuts. Give it a listen

It wasn’t an environmental group, it was school. It was schools and TV commercials.

Not sure how young you are, but you’re growing up in a different world.

As long as there is profit in not changing for the better then we won't change for the better.

Look up California's Cap and Trade and "Pollution Credits". It's a load of BS that allows companies to continue to do business as usual under the guise that they are somehow "paying the price" for their continued pollution / emitting of greenhouse gases.

https://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/i...me-adds-financial-insult-environmental-injury

That’s my whole point. I’m not saying we’re not messing up the environment.

We have been since the industrial revolution.
But you’re always told it’s some new nemesis you have to fight.
How do you fight it?
Money.
Just throw money at it and all your climate change problems will go away.

This shit ain’t new. It worked so well for so long that they’re still using it.

Its funny how these threads always start with someone with groundbreaking objective facts that are going to topple the scientific dogma.

Then the evidence for the facts always turns out to be 'my feelings about when people spend money to solve problems therefore the sun is the cause of climate change'

Its funny how these threads always start with someone with groundbreaking objective facts that are going to topple the scientific dogma.

Then the evidence for the facts always turns out to be 'my feelings about when people spend money to solve problems therefore the sun is the cause of climate change'

Imagine arguing scientific fact....I finally had to post in this cesspool just to say that.

So your feeling is that the world is ending?
Unless we can gather enough money to make it not?

Back