Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

More evidence that we are messing up the climate

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by no fat chicks, Sep 14, 2020 at 1:03 AM.

1. Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

Of course it's global temperatures, that's what we're discussing here GLOBAL warming, not USA warming, do you know what Berkeley Earth does:

"Berkeley Earth is a source of reliable, independent, non-governmental, and unbiased scientific data and analysis of the highest quality. Our continued mission and responsibility is to deliver and communicate our findings to the broadest possible audience."

The data comes from weather stations on land and see and is independently analyzed. As far as I can see globally (which is what matters) the graphs for all agencies are a close match

I will choose whatever the adjusted graph shows, tentatively of course, as is everything in science.

You've had many chances to discuss the science with many well educated individuals on this forum and you've shown that you don't understand the data set and analysis. Data adjustments have been made, they have been published and have stood through review for decades. The GLOBAL temperature averages done by different agencies using different averaging techniques, quality control procedures, homogenization techniques, and datasets match closely.

ocean size likes this.
  2. Rocco Siffredi Purple Belt

Well, if any person is so sure that humans are fucking up the earth and actually care about it, then that person can remove one person from the earth any time they feel like it. Otherwise they can shut the fuck up and stop being an intellectual fraud.

SammyJar88 likes this.
  3. Mean Farmer The next size up.

The very first quote in large print.
    I mean can you believe the nerve to say such horseshit?!

NOAA: ‘It is premature to conclude…that global warming has already had a detectable impact on hurricane activity’ – U.S. landfalling hurricanes ‘show a slight negative trend’ since ‘late 1800s’

Tropodan likes this.
  4. Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

The only part of that statement I have an issue with is "U.S. landfalling"; Why wouldn't total Atlantic hurricanes be used as a metric instead of the ones just hitting the continental US. Otherwise I'd agree with the statement as ocean heat is only one factor in hurricane formation\intensity and more data and study is needed.

5. PG29 red0 Jr Brown Belt

6. no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

So either deny human impact on the planet or kill yourself. . . Real sound logic there my friend

7. deviake Consummate jaywalker

This thread is a case study in gish gallop and the ability of the human mind to deny that which it doesn't want to believe. The complexity of some of the ignorance and self delusion is more interesting than the denials.

ocean size and no fat chicks like this.
  8. no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

This ignorance is only exasperated by the current administration's anti science stance and cutting research budgets

NastyNinja and deviake like this.
  9. no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

Imagine being this stupid. . . Do you guys not believe in evolution either?

10. ShadowRun error Platinum Member

What a dumb post .. mine was about thr California Governor throwing his hands up and saying climate change did these fires ... which is a dumb idea ...

11. ocean size Red Belt

I don't know what the gov said, perhaps it really was 'Climate change and absolutely nothing else is needed for fires'. But bringing up arsonists is a pretty common misdirection these days. Very common for the fires in Australia some months ago. The thing is arsonists, campfires gone wrong, boys playing with firecrackers, etc. have always existed. It's the conditions that will allow the sources to turn into the current result. The climate isn't the only thing that has changed of course, more and more houses sprawing out into forested areas as well.

Unless you think that there is some policy that could be put in place to prevent all fires at the source, so that the conditions don't matter?

deviake and laz0001 like this.
  12. ShadowRun error Platinum Member

I agree fires will always happen and more and more people are moving into into those areas.

My post was specifically about the forest fires in Cali. They do a poor job in forest management, Trump said this and the goverenor along with media cried it's because climate change. Biden called Trump a climate arsonist. But here on video a few days ago the governor admits they have failed on forest management...

Gavin Newsom admits failure re forest management to President Trump

13. PG29 red0 Jr Brown Belt

Climate change? Since when has the climate been static? Then again........

[​IMG]

14. no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

The rate of change is unprecedented and should be a cause for concern. Especially when all signs point to us causing it

15. rpn453 Brown Belt

Be concerned all you want. It doesn't change anything.

16. no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

Sure it does. It causes people to act by pressuring politicians and have discussions like this one.

17. PG29 red0 Jr Brown Belt

Strange, I would think the rate of change would be greatest after one of the extinction level impacts on earth.

[​IMG]

18. rearnakedchoke Suck it!

Some cities in India and China are not liveable. Why stoop to their levels?