More evidence that we are messing up the climate

The graph you presented is for global temperature, from 1880 to present.

Here, again, are the NOAA thermometer stations 1891-1920: ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghcn/daily/figures/station-counts-1891-1920-temp.png
1891.jpg
Where does the data in your graph come from for the period of 1880-1920?

Of course it's global temperatures, that's what we're discussing here GLOBAL warming, not USA warming, do you know what Berkeley Earth does:

"Berkeley Earth is a source of reliable, independent, non-governmental, and unbiased scientific data and analysis of the highest quality. Our continued mission and responsibility is to deliver and communicate our findings to the broadest possible audience."

The data comes from weather stations on land and see and is independently analyzed. As far as I can see globally (which is what matters) the graphs for all agencies are a close match

Does this graph exist? USA1880-1999 in 1999 (NASA): Figure 6 https://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1999/1999_Hansen_ha03200f.pdf
figure6.jpg
When was it hotter in the USA. In 30s? In the 90s?

I will choose whatever the adjusted graph shows, tentatively of course, as is everything in science.

You can't predict the past when your head is full of communist wisdom. I told you I would prefer to discuss the science (what you see with your own eyes), and if you would use them, you would see that the data has been altered (and even imagined in the case of global temperature). But here we are, me discussing the communist historical revisionism right before your eyes and you inventing the past.

You've had many chances to discuss the science with many well educated individuals on this forum and you've shown that you don't understand the data set and analysis. Data adjustments have been made, they have been published and have stood through review for decades. The GLOBAL temperature averages done by different agencies using different averaging techniques, quality control procedures, homogenization techniques, and datasets match closely.

Scientists compiled and analyzed millions of years worth of layers of sediment composed of forams. From these they analyzed levels of co2 throughout our planet's history. Surprise surprise, what we are seeing now is unprecedented.

https://www.livescience.com/oldest-climate-record-ever-cenozoic-era.html

Well, if any person is so sure that humans are fucking up the earth and actually care about it, then that person can remove one person from the earth any time they feel like it. Otherwise they can shut the fuck up and stop being an intellectual fraud.

Which statement(s) do you have issue with?
The very first quote in large print.
I mean can you believe the nerve to say such horseshit?!

NOAA: ‘It is premature to conclude…that global warming has already had a detectable impact on hurricane activity’ – U.S. landfalling hurricanes ‘show a slight negative trend’ since ‘late 1800s’

The very first quote in large print.
I mean can you believe the nerve to say such horseshit?!

NOAA: ‘It is premature to conclude…that global warming has already had a detectable impact on hurricane activity’ – U.S. landfalling hurricanes ‘show a slight negative trend’ since ‘late 1800s’

The only part of that statement I have an issue with is "U.S. landfalling"; Why wouldn't total Atlantic hurricanes be used as a metric instead of the ones just hitting the continental US. Otherwise I'd agree with the statement as ocean heat is only one factor in hurricane formation\intensity and more data and study is needed.

Well, if any person is so sure that humans are fucking up the earth and actually care about it, then that person can remove one person from the earth any time they feel like it. Otherwise they can shut the fuck up and stop being an intellectual fraud.
So either deny human impact on the planet or kill yourself. . . Real sound logic there my friend

This thread is a case study in gish gallop and the ability of the human mind to deny that which it doesn't want to believe. The complexity of some of the ignorance and self delusion is more interesting than the denials.

This thread is a case study in gish gallop and the ability of the human mind to deny that which it doesn't want to believe. The complexity of some of the ignorance and self delusion is more interesting than the denials.
This ignorance is only exasperated by the current administration's anti science stance and cutting research budgets

Imagine being this stupid. . . Do you guys not believe in evolution either?
What a dumb post .. mine was about thr California Governor throwing his hands up and saying climate change did these fires ... which is a dumb idea ...

What a dumb post .. mine was about thr California Governor throwing his hands up and saying climate change did these fires ... which is a dumb idea ...
I don't know what the gov said, perhaps it really was 'Climate change and absolutely nothing else is needed for fires'. But bringing up arsonists is a pretty common misdirection these days. Very common for the fires in Australia some months ago. The thing is arsonists, campfires gone wrong, boys playing with firecrackers, etc. have always existed. It's the conditions that will allow the sources to turn into the current result. The climate isn't the only thing that has changed of course, more and more houses sprawing out into forested areas as well.

Unless you think that there is some policy that could be put in place to prevent all fires at the source, so that the conditions don't matter?

I don't know what the gov said, perhaps it really was 'Climate change and absolutely nothing else is needed for fires'. But bringing up arsonists is a pretty common misdirection these days. Very common for the fires in Australia some months ago. The thing is arsonists, campfires gone wrong, boys playing with firecrackers, etc. have always existed. It's the conditions that will allow the sources to turn into the current result. The climate isn't the only thing that has changed of course, more and more houses sprawing out into forested areas as well.

Unless you think that there is some policy that could be put in place to prevent all fires at the source, so that the conditions don't matter?

I agree fires will always happen and more and more people are moving into into those areas.

My post was specifically about the forest fires in Cali. They do a poor job in forest management, Trump said this and the goverenor along with media cried it's because climate change. Biden called Trump a climate arsonist. But here on video a few days ago the governor admits they have failed on forest management...

Gavin Newsom admits failure re forest management to President Trump

Climate change? Since when has the climate been static? Then again........

300px-Something_of_a_Scientist.jpg
The rate of change is unprecedented and should be a cause for concern. Especially when all signs point to us causing it

The rate of change is unprecedented and should be a cause for concern. Especially when all signs point to us causing it

Strange, I would think the rate of change would be greatest after one of the extinction level impacts on earth.

1280px-Evolution_of_temperature_in_the_Post-Glacial_period_according_to_Greenland_ice_cores_%28Younger_Dryas%29.jpg

India and China do not give a single fuck about following any of this. An AOC Presidency might really see us going to Hot War over emissions, lol.
Some cities in India and China are not liveable. Why stoop to their levels?

Back