More dominant GSP or ROUSEY's title run.

serra-ko-s-gsp-o.gif

While I don't think all of the fighters Ronda have fought are terrible there's a big gap in the level of competition regardless. GSP was fighting some of the best fighters in the world and utterly dominating them up until the end of his run (and he still won those fights mostly, had Hendricks up in the last fight but it was close and he got the nod). Ronda's opponents don't have the same reputation as guys like Shields, Fitch, Diaz, and Condit did at the time GSP fought them.

Ronda finishes more impressively and has a better highlight reel, so putting competition aside you could certainly give her the nod, but I have to include competition here when the gap is so large so GSP gets the nod for me.

Rhonda has thoroughly dominated tomato cans and one-eyed sailors.

GSP by far. He wasn't fighting former secretaries who only trained for a couple of years like Ronda is.

ronda is more dominant. but GSP fought tougher competition.

GSP. Ronda is like the biggest fish in a pond. GSP is a killer whale in the ocean.

Rousey I don't think it's close GSP decisioned all his fights and Ronda is finishing in under a minute. GSP might have fought much better competition but no one has done what Rousey is doing.

if GSP was crushing cans his whole career he would have done exactly what Rousey is doing

GSP fought actual fighters, not glorified local MMA amateurs.

Rousey and it's not even close. She actually finishes fights.

If GSP was fighting people who were light years behind in their abilitites he would easily finish them in seconds as well. GSP was dominating guys who were well rounded mixed martial artists. Some former champions like Diaz (SF WW champion) Condit (WEC WW champion, UFC Interim WW champion) even a current UFC champion in BJ Penn who was at the time of their second fight was the UFC LW and former UFC WW champion.

Rhonda has beaten everyone put in front of her but so did Royce Gracie. He was beating everyone because of their ignorance to BJJ. Once the world caught on to learning BJJ he had little to nothing to offer as seen in the Matt Hughes fight.

There are very few elite female athletes in MMA. Rhonda is an elite level athlete as shown in how fast her boxing and kick boxing has improved but she has no one to truly challenge her. GSP has a murderers row of elite level athletes coming after him and he dominated them all in different ways. Wrestling, kick boxing, boxing, judo, BJJ. Rhonda armbars 9 in a row. Its pretty clear whats actually more impressive. remember Lombard was a dominating killer in Bellator but when he fought actual competition his level he dropped a weight class and still couldn't cut it.

Back