Social More black people are dying from Coronavirus in America

This is false. The CDC already had tests in each state by February 11. Go read it in their statement.
So -- in February, if I had no symptoms but went to the same grocery store in the past 2 weeks that someone with the virus went to, could I get tested? Even today, in April, could I get tested? If you say yes, I don't believe you. If you say no, then no -- you didn't make enough tests to do contact tracing. And contact tracing is just the first step of basic preparedness. We're in April and we can't even do step 1 shit, so we're literally just shutting down entire states. That's not because of China. That's on us.

You keep saying "scapegoating" but that is exactly what you are doing, by laying the blame at the victims feet. You are scapegoating the US. You fail to acknowledge that I already mentioned the US government was incompetent. What you are having a problem with is criticism of China, namelt laying the bulk of the blame on them. It was their responsibility to be honest and sound the alarm early. They instead kept it a secret and punished the doctor who sounded th alarm.

Even if the US government had noticed the danger earlier, it does not negate the fact that Chinese cultural practices and the government's behavior is what caused this outbreak.
China's cultural practices created the outbreak there.

Our incompetence created the outbreak here.

China lied to us! Yet my link shows we knew about the danger in November. And anyone following the story on the online on sherdog and reddit was spooked in January. Yet we were still unprepared in March. And we still can't do contact tracing in April. The China lies! only explains so much.

The Nov report was 1 report. The US gov. receives countless reports on all manner of international matters. You have to assume there have been many reports warning of dire consequences that ultimately never panned out. Back in Jan or Feb Imperial College London had 2.2 million people dying in the US, but this figure has been significantly revised. So just because a report sounds the alarm, does not mean the severity mentioned in the report is accurate.

Again this is not to absolve the US government, but you keep ignoring the fact that I have repeatedly told you that the US gov was incompetent. Yet all you want to do is defend China.

I thought this virus was helping race relations, nope some people just want to be victims. It just blows my mind, it's 2020 we're in a pandemic, and people want to blame race and profiling.
It's just what the numbers bear out, reality, put your feelings aside

China's cultural practices created the outbreak there.

Our incompetence created the outbreak here.
Their outbreak arrived here, in large part because they hid the outbreak. They allowed hundreds of thousands of people to gather for the Chinese New Year in Wuhan, even after authorities knew how dangerous this pathogen was. These Chinese then spread all across the world. One of the first reported cases in the US was from Seattle, from a Chinese person who had just come back from Wuhan. The Chinese government should have gona into lockdown much sooner and banned overseas travel. Instead they were admonishing countries around the world as racist for wanting to profile people coming from China.

Suppose there was a release of toxic effluent or gas from a factory here in the US, and the company did not warn / alert the public and authorities about it, resulting in mass death or injury, whose fault is it?

Guess that's why slavery lasted at minutes. They can't follow directions.

One drop rule alive and well. If stewing inside your own ignorance is not your preference you might want to research the concepts "genotype" and "phenotype." If you really want to blow your mind research the multitude of ethnic groups of Africa(omg freaky right?!).

What are you talking about?

You do realize ppl from the same region will have similar diseases n health problems?

Just cause some lived on another continent for couple of centuries doesn’t eliminate thousands of years if evolution.

You’re being as dense as those ppl who believe in one drop rule

China lied to us! Yet my link shows we knew about the danger in November. And anyone following the story on the online on sherdog and reddit was spooked in January. Yet we were still unprepared in March. And we still can't do contact tracing in April. The China lies! only explains so much.
Say China shot the gun that wounded us, that doesn't mean the surgeon operating on us is off the hook for waiting 3 hours to operate so he could watch WrestleMania and then decided to eat street tacos without gloves on when he finally got around to operating.

I’m waiting for everyone on skid row in California to die..
Go get someone infected with COVID-19 to visit Skid Row and cough on people. Insular communities are less likely to catch it.

So -- in February, if I had no symptoms but went to the same grocery store in the past 2 weeks that someone with the virus went to, could I get tested? Even today, in April, could I get tested? If you say yes, I don't believe you. If you say no, then no -- you didn't make enough tests to do contact tracing. And contact tracing is just the first step of basic preparedness. We're in April and we can't even do step 1 shit, so we're literally just shutting down entire states. That's not because of China. That's on us.

there’s a little problem here.

While in other countries a state can just snap their fingers n suspend the civil n individual rights, it’s more complex in USA.

There’s some countries in Europe where ppl are getting up to 10 years sentences for not respecting their quarantine orders.

in USA ppl just don’t like the government telling them “what to do” n enforcing these laws is more complex.

What are you talking about?

You do realize ppl from the same region will have similar diseases n health problems?

Just cause some lived on another continent for couple of centuries doesn’t eliminate thousands of years if evolution.

You’re being as dense as those ppl who believe in one drop rule
Nearly half a millennium of isolation can definitely create some genetic distinctions. Not to mention the huge size of Africa, it's own population shifts since that time, and the fact that the slaves were pulled from a few select regions before shipment was made illegal. Millions of African Americans today come from a few thousand slaves, unlike Brazil where they relied heavily on slave shipments.

It's stupid to think that African Americans should have the exact same numbers as native Africans because of genetics.

Nearly half a millennium of isolation can definitely create some genetic distinctions. Not to mention the huge size of Africa, it's own population shifts since that time, and the fact that the slaves were pulled from a few select regions before shipment was made illegal. Millions of African Americans today come from a few thousand slaves, unlike Brazil where they relied heavily on slave shipments.

It's stupid to think that African Americans should have the exact same numbers as native Africans because of genetics.

nobody said same exact numbers, but their numbers could still be closer to other African populations than somebody coming from Europe n Asia.

there are some diseases associated with African countries, other with European.

Does that mean every single group from that continent is prone to same diseases? No.

don’t know why this is so complicated?

I have mostly black friends (most just facebook friends) on my Facebook feed. I remember when this first started, many of them were bragging about how blacks seemed to be "almost immune" to it. And they would point out how it was missing Africa. Now it has gone full circle and many of them are now conspiracy theorists saying it is being done on purpose by the government to kill off minorities.

Isn't it pretty easy to see the actual reason is because they mostly live in urban areas where the virus is more easily spread? I am not as up to date as many others, but that seems pretty obvious. Either that or Trump is just trying to kill black people

there’s a little problem here.

While in other countries a state can just snap their fingers n suspend the civil n individual rights, it’s more complex in USA.

There’s some countries in Europe where ppl are getting up to 10 years sentences for not respecting their quarantine orders.

in USA ppl just don’t like the government telling them “what to do” n enforcing these laws is more complex.
No ones in 'lockdown' in Taiwan, SK, Hong Kong, Singapore. That's an American phenomenon. Individual rights? Finger snaps and they're gone? Taiwanese people have more freedom of speech and stuff than Americans. I don't know if it's technically more or less here in SKorea, but it feels the same and, politically, I can say whatever I want. It's a free country. What's your point?

Last edited:
No ones in 'lockdown' in Taiwan, SK, Hong Kong, Singapore. That's an American phenomenon. Individual rights? Finger snaps and they're gone? Taiwanese people have more freedom of speech and stuff than Americans. I don't know if it's technically more or less here in SKorea, but it feels the same and I can say whatever I want. It's a free country. What's your point?

telling Americans they have to stay home n respect government orders is more complex.

Also in other countries most ppl were wearing masks. In Western Europe n North America ppl were told not to wear masks.

all these things probably help spread the virus.

If usa president could just declare martial law n order everybody to stay home n not come out ppl would lose their minds (especially when it comes to trump)

telling Americans they have to stay home n respect government orders is more complex.

Also in other countries most ppl were wearing masks. In Western Europe n North America ppl were told not to wear masks.

all these things probably help spread the virus.

If usa president could just declare martial law n order everybody to stay home n not come out ppl would lose their minds (especially when it comes to trump)
No one was ever ordered to stay home here. There were never even general guidelines to stay home. It never had to get to that. The governments were just competent enough to be able to do contact tracing.

Meanwhile people in my home country aren't even contact tracing and just blaming China. WTF??

I don't about that, because frozen pizza can feed a lot of mouths and is dirt cheap, cheaper than buying quality veg , fruit, eggs and meat.

Frozen pizza is poison and expensive. At least buy flour and the base ingredients and make it for 20 times cheaper.

For the price of a frozen pizza you can get two dozen eggs, frozen veggies and some beans and eat 10x the meals.

Frozen pizza is poison and expensive. At least buy flour and the base ingredients and make it for 20 times cheaper.

For the price of a frozen pizza you can get two dozen eggs, frozen veggies and some beans and eat 10x the meals.
But what about the grocery store brand $3.50 pizzas? What about Tony's for $3? The man has a point on frozen pizzas!!

That and ramen are the 2 things that are legit cheaper or as cheap as healthy foods, I think.

No one was ever ordered to stay home here. There were never even general guidelines to stay home. It never had to get to that. The governments were just competent enough to be able to do contact tracing.

Meanwhile people in my home country aren't even contact tracing and just blaming China. WTF??

1st you’re comparing cities states to a country of 350 million ppl with states within that themselves act like mini countries.

When trump imposed the travel ban ppl were saying that racist n his political opponents n media were downplaying the seriousness of the virus.

Politicians in New York were telling ppl to go out n live their lives like a month ago.

...or Skid Row. Journalists would definitely be reporting on the plague reaping havok on the homeless population.

Oh wait.

Why do you keep using this skid row thing as some kind of gotcha?

The homeless population, of anyone, are much less likely to seek medical care/testing and therefore I doubt there are any real efforts to quantify 'how hard skid row has been hit' compared to everyone else. There are simply no extensive numbers to report on given the context of how homeless people typically conduct themselves. Further, people on skid row are homeless because they are mentally ill, have addiction problems, etc., which means most of them don't work. That's completely different than someone who has to pilot the city bus and come in contact with thousands of people every single day. I would guess that the homeless exposure rate is much lower than working people as even standing on the side of the road and asking for change has probably completely dried up - nobody is stopping to exchange something hand-to-hand anymore. But all those minimum wage service jobs are still being tended to.

1st you’re comparing cities states to a country of 350 million ppl with states within that themselves act like mini countries.

When trump imposed the travel ban ppl were saying that racist n his political opponents n media were downplaying the seriousness of the virus.

Politicians in New York were telling ppl to go out n live their lives like a month ago.
Korea is not a city-state; it's a normal sized country of 50 million people, including a capital city with both more people and with a larger population density than any city in the USA. They handled it with contact tracing.

The travel ban delay and NY politicians aren't why we can't do contact tracing. South Korea was doing 100% contact tracing after 4 days of the first test case, weeks/ a month before the first in the USA.

We can't do contact tracing because we never had enough tests. We knew it was a pandemic in November, and can't do contact tracing in April, 5 months later. All these other countries with competent governments, including normal sized ones like South Korea, could do contact tracing in 4 days.

Our agencies pinned this down for what it was in November. So the problem wasn't our intelligence agencies or anything. The problem is what we did with that intelligence. So, the problem is our leadership. European politicians fucked up bad there. Trump fucked this up bad here.

Back