Movies MORBIUS Starring Jared Leto (First Reactions; In Theaters April 1, 2022)

If you have seen MORBIUS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
im in, loved venom, but thought they should have made it more violent, the market is there for an adult type super hero movie.

I don't know, I still have a bad taste from the horrible "damaged" Joker that we were subjected to. I loved Leto, but now, I just think he's overacting in whatever he does. Guess I'll wait for the movie to come out on BR.

Didn't see anything other than Michael Keaton showing up that got me excited. I'm not gonna write off the film yet though or anything, just withholding judgement.

I haven't seen a good Jared Leto movie since Lord of War.

Oh wtf am I on about. Dallas Buyers Club he and it was superb.

At last an origin story about the the best character in the Matrix saga, Neo's mentor.

But why the hell has he been whitewashed?

This is a disgrace, Hollywood is racist!

Time to get woke Tinsel Town

I’m a sucker for vampire films and this doesn’t look like complete shit, so I’ll definitely watch it.

Edit: I thought during production that it would be complete shit. Had zero faith in Sony.

I think Harris will play Doctor Otto Octavius.

You don't hire an actor of Harris' calibre to play a role so low key he's referred to as, "Mentor" on the cast list. The fact he's clearly a doctor of some kind(although Octavius' Doctorate was in Nuclear Physics rather than an MD)and that Doc Ock set up the OG Sinister Six are also strong clues.

There's an outside chance Harris is playing Norman Osborn, but Doctor Octopus is more likely.

You don't hire an actor of Harris' calibre to play a role so low key he's referred to as, "Mentor" on the cast list. The fact he's clearly a doctor of some kind(although Octavius' Doctorate was in Nuclear Physics rather than an MD)and that Doc Ock set up the OG Sinister Six are also strong clues.

There's an outside chance Harris is playing Norman Osborn, but Doctor Octopus is more likely.

What about Sony Venom movie

Any connections?

What about Sony Venom movie

Any connections?

I'd be surprised if Venom isn't connected to the Sinister Six at some point. IIRC, the Marc Gargen version of Venom joined the Osborn-led Sinister Twelve(naming things was never Norman's strong point;)).

Lizard maybe? His degree was more medical based, no?

I thought he was Nikos?

Lizard maybe? His degree was more medical based, no?

Yeah, I believe he was an MD. But his motivation was to grow back his missing arm; it looks like Harris has both of them in the trailer. Although, of course, Thor had both eyes in the Ragnarok trailer so...

Also, bringing Doctor Octopus into the Sony Spider-verse/MCU lays the groundwork for a potential Superior Spider-Man movie. Which would be fucking awesome:cool:

Can’t wait to see him go method with this one. Will he eat the costars?

I thought he was Nikos?

You called it, bro:cool: Confirmed by Harris himself that he's playing Nikos, not Doc Ock.

If Sony/Marvel go through with a Sinister Six movie, the team will still need a leader. And without Doctor Octopus, the only other logical choice is Norman Osborn. There have been rumours that Christian Bale might play him, and that would be sick. Norman Osborn is basically Patrick Bateman with Superpowers:eek:

Update: November 2, 2021

Official Trailer for Sony's MORBIUS Starring Jared Leto as the Living Vampire

One of Marvel’s most compelling and conflicted characters comes to the big screen as Oscar® winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. While at first it seems to be a radical success, a darkness inside him is unleashed. Will good override evil – or will Morbius succumb to his mysterious new urges? In theaters January 28, 2022.

(Will be merged with the official thread after a while)

Update: November 2, 2021

Official Trailer for Sony's MORBIUS Starring Jared Leto as the Living Vampire

One of Marvel’s most compelling and conflicted characters comes to the big screen as Oscar® winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. While at first it seems to be a radical success, a darkness inside him is unleashed. Will good override evil – or will Morbius succumb to his mysterious new urges? In theaters January 28, 2022.

(Will be merged with the official thread after a while)

Doesn't look bad but I wish it was more horror then it is.

But I'll still check it out.

Last edited:
Back