Movies MORBIUS Starring Jared Leto (First Reactions; In Theaters April 1, 2022)

If you have seen MORBIUS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Man I dunno, haven't bothered to watch Venom.

Jared Harris is an outstanding actor.

Tyrese Gibson not so much.

Jared Leto is Jared Leto.

Looked better than expected and glad to see Keaton back.

so the trailer is basically his entire origin story.
Not that it looks worth watching anyway, but sheesh

It's perhaps significant that Jared Harris' role is simply listed as Morbius' mentor. His name is not given, even though it's clear he's very important to Morbius. I wonder if this is a way of hiding a well-known character until the film is released;)

I will give it a go. No MCU connection, so not much at stake for me.

First teaser trailer is out (post #120).

Surprise MCU character appearance at the end of the trailer.

This would be a perfect platform to introduce and tie in Blade as well. Despite this being a Sony property...

Leto looks good in this role, much more so than his horrible Joker portrayal.

Looks like it could be good. Tough to gauge from the trailer.

Keats being in it automatically enhances it.

Could be good, hopefully Leto doesn't go into business for himself this time.

Shit. Actually looked better than what I had in my head.

Update: January 13, 2020

First Teaser Trailer for Jared Leto's MORBIUS Reveals Surprise MCU Character Appearance

One of Marvel’s most compelling and conflicted characters comes to the big screen as Oscar® winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero, Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder, and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. What at first appears to be a radical success soon reveals itself to be a remedy potentially worse than the disease.

Spider-Man Spinoff: MORBIUS the Living Vampire Movie in the Works

dVxsewG.jpg

Sony’s cinematic universe based on Spider-Man characters just got a little bigger. The studio is developing Morbius, a feature project centered on Spider-Man antihero Morbius the Living Vampire.

Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama, who worked on the recent Power Rangers movie, wrote the script, which was just submitted to the studio after a secret development process.

Morbius was created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Gil Kane and first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #101, the first issue not written by Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee.

Morbius is Dr. Michael Morbius, a scientist who suffered from a rare blood disease and attempted to cure himself to disastrous results. He instead became afflicted with a condition that was a form of vampirism — the thirst for blood, along with fangs and super strength — and fought Spider-Man. Over time, however, he became a slightly heroic figure in his own right.

Details of Sony’s take on the character are not known. Sony has been furiously developing its stable of Marvel-licensed characters that are mostly based off the heroes and villains that are connected to Spider-Man. However, these new movies will not be connected to Sony’s Tom Holland movies and not connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe that is being produced by Marvel Studios.

Sharpless and Sazama previously tackled vampirism with Dracula Untold, Universal’s origin of the most famous vampire that starred Luke Evans. They also count The Last Witch Hunter and Gods of Egypt among their credits. The duo also are showrunning and writing the Lost in Space reboot for Netflix that is to debut next year.

'Spider-Man' Spinoff: Morbius the Living Vampire Movie in the Works With 'Power Rangers' Writers

Looks like fastfood.

Back