Moraes calls out Dillashaw for UFC 229

Wouldn't mind TJ vs Moraes at 229, TJ's eye though....

Doubt TJ would want to be ready for october. Would be great, but he'll probably only fight again in december or next year.

I'm sure that Mac Money will motivate him.

Bring it baby, if Decisionator is not ready to go Moraes should be next

I would love to see the fight, but in my mind he doesnt deserve it as much as Assuncao and Dodson. Dodson has a ko win over TJ, Raphael deserves it the most and i love to see him fight. They are 1-1 and it would be a very technical fight. Dodson is fighting Rivera so if he wins he should get the shot. Marlon is great but he didnt have to fight his way up like others did.
Assunsao has an argument but he’s too boring and was just dominated by TJ. There is no chance he gets it. Also, three people thought he beat Marlon. Two were judges, and one was his mom.
AE254C82-CF28-4200-8501-0198F716A5CE.jpeg

What do you mean Marlon didn’t fight his way up? He’s had 4 fights, all top 10 (including Dodson and Assunsao), and he’s stiffened two top 6 opponents in under a minute by vicious KO in his last two fights.

Dodson fighting for a title? Why in hell? He’s 2-2 in his last four.
DFDF890C-0053-4835-BCD6-A7FC67ADF427.gif

Will be TJ's easiest defense.

Assunsao has an argument but he’s too boring and was just dominated by TJ. There is no chance he gets it. Also, three people thought he beat Marlon. Two were judges, and one was his mom.
View attachment 417759

What do you mean Marlon didn’t fight his way up? He’s had 4 fights, all top 10 (including Dodson and Assunsao), and he’s stiffened two top 6 opponents in under a minute by vicious KO in his last two fights.

Dodson fighting for a title? Why in hell? He’s 2-2 in his last four.
View attachment 417757
No need to break your head my friend. Marlon is legit and had great performances but he came straight in and fought Assuncao and he lost, i guess you find him boring i appreciate his style, he is very secure on the feet and its hard to land on him but if thats not for you thats okay too. If Dodson wins he is 3-2 in his last 5 and 10-4 in his UFC run while Moraes is 3-1, he didnt have to fight unranked fighters to fight himself up thats the only thing im saying and therefore should be considered after the 2 options but thats just my opinion and what i want is not the thing that is gonna happen but i would like it that way. Also i gave Dodson the decision against Moraes but that hardly matters as the only opinion that counts are the somewhat incompetent judges.

Realistically 9 weeks is more than enough if on a Conor card.
TJ and Marlon are both coming off dominant first round knockouts. They should be good by then.

TJ said he wanted to take a little time off to finally spend with the family/baby (assuming a couple of weeks), so I'd put it at 7 weeks.

Hungry, non-Champ fighters do that, but a Champ defending his belt, has almost always seemed to go no less than 10-12 weeks before their next title defense. Otherwise, we'd have a Champion defending his title 4x a year or more (I don't recall this ever happening).

I would love to see the fight, but in my mind he doesnt deserve it as much as Assuncao and Dodson. Dodson has a ko win over TJ, Raphael deserves it the most and i love to see him fight. They are 1-1 and it would be a very technical fight. Dodson is fighting Rivera so if he wins he should get the shot. Marlon is great but he didnt have to fight his way up like others did.

Completely disagree. Moraes was a longstanding champ of a top org and has fought nothing but the best since coming to the ufc. His only loss here was a split andhe brutally finished 2 top contenders. This is the fight that make sense and someone will get finished for sure.

Assuncao just lost to TJ. ..

Head kick city deserves this

Completely disagree. Moraes was a longstanding champ of a top org and has fought nothing but the best since coming to the ufc. His only loss here was a split andhe brutally finished 2 top contenders. This is the fight that make sense and someone will get finished for sure.
I dont think what you do outside the UFC should count that much, especially if its not even the second biggest promotion, i dont even know if WSOF is 3. The argument that someone will get finished i cant understand, yes it would be a great fight and would end probably in a finish but that has nothing to do if he deserves it. The fight that makes most sense is Raphael he has a win over the Champ and Moraes and is on a 4 fight win streak and is 11-2 in the UFC.

I dont think what you do outside the UFC should count that much, especially if its not even the second biggest promotion, i dont even know if WSOF is 3. The argument that someone will get finished i cant understand, yes it would be a great fight and would end probably in a finish but that has nothing to do if he deserves it. The fight that makes most sense is Raphael he has a win over the Champ and Moraes and is on a 4 fight win streak and is 11-2 in the UFC.

Wait you think Assuncao deserves the fight? TJ already avenged that loss. Clearly.

<Dany07>

Wait you think Assuncao deserves the fight? TJ already avenged that loss. Clearly.

<Dany07>
Guess have to agree to disagree, the way i see it rational poster is, he has been around longer and in that time only lost twice and won 11 times, while Moraes got Assuncao off the bat and lost, and then got one ranked Opponent after another, at this point even Dodson deserves the shot more, but sure be blinded by the fact that you like the way he fights but i think those 2 things should be exclusive.

Assuncao is ahead of him in line. He (Marlon) should fight Cruz for the next title shot

Guess have to agree to disagree, the way i see it rational poster is, he has been around longer and in that time only lost twice and won 11 times, while Moraes got Assuncao off the bat and lost, and then got one ranked Opponent after another, at this point even Dodson deserves the shot more, but sure be blinded by the fact that you like the way he fights but i think those 2 things should be exclusive.

Dude.. get the fuck out of here.

Dodson is on a 1 fight win streak.

Knocking out Jimmie Rivera is the best win in the BW division, behind TJ's.

Back