Moose/Rockhold/Kennedy/Jacare...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Pick any two and match them up for co-main of UFC 178. First choice would be Rockhold vs Jacare 2 then Moose vs Jacare. Any 2 matched up though would saffice as a good co-main for Gus/Jones 2. Thoughts?

I like Rockhold vs Jacare but it wouldn't feel right to make it 3 rounds when their first fight was 5. Has something like that ever happened before?

Mousasi/Kennedy should be in Sept. Japan card or on 178. Jacare/Rockhold should either main event a Fox event or a Fight Night.

I like Jacare Vs. Vitor, but Vitor is fighting Sonnen. I would like Jacare Vs. Rockhold as the co main.

Gegard Mousasi vs Luke Rockhold for the number one contendership for the UFC middleweight championship would be a great co main event for UFC 178 imo

Gegard Mousasi vs Luke Rockhold for the number one contendership for the UFC middleweight championship would be a great co main event for UFC 178 imo

185 is too backed up to have another #1 contender.. Moose and Rockhold are 2 fights away imo

Moose vs Rockhold and Kennedy vs Jacare

I'd be interested to see how Kennedy deals with Jacare's ground game.

Moose vs Rockhold and Kennedy vs Jacare

I'd be interested to see how Kennedy deals with Jacare's ground game.

^This.

All Kennedy will do is wrestle Mousasi.

Mousasi/Rockhold hands down. They're both slick on the ground and have great, yet different stand-up. Luke's a southpaw kickboxer with good footwork, but he's not like Lyoto, is more in striking range which would make that more exciting.

Rockhold already beat both Kennedy and Jacare, and Jacare beat Kennedy, too. Rockhold/Kennedy wasn't close, but those other 2 fights were, though still clear. A Mousasi/Jacare rematch would be the most compelling since that was an upkick finish early in the fight.

I like Rockhold vs Jacare but it wouldn't feel right to make it 3 rounds when their first fight was 5. Has something like that ever happened before?

Good point, although weirder things have happened.

I'd like to see Mousasi vs Rockhold personally.

Mousasi/Kennedy should be in Sept. Japan card or on 178. Jacare/Rockhold should either main event a Fox event or a Fight Night.

This. Plus Rockhold/Jacare should be sooner than september if possible. That way the winner can get a title shot by the end of the year ideally.

Back