Television MOON KNIGHT TV Series (Wins an Emmy)

If you have seen the entire series, how would you rate MOON KNIGHT?

• Total voters
i mean, kinda I guess. There have been many iterations of Marc Spector. The more recent ones he’s shorter.

jUVWrGPvbFGHYwtHqqFr9I1A8KEzSRGtRi1dw2F4BQg.jpg

I liked this take on the character

3679621-moon%20knight.jpg

mmm, back when he was just Marvel's Batman he was 6'2'', wonder if they decided to change him to make him more unique. Seems odd he is that short compared to punisher. cause Punisher is not that tall either, basically standard 6' - 6'2'' height for superheros. With guys like Spider-man being below and Luke Cage above.

4c78b225-d4ba-446f-8c57-a76ec9f9d33e.jpg

mmm, back he was just Marvel's Batman he was 6'2'', wonder if they decided to change him to make him more unique. Seems odd he is that short compared to punisher. cause Punisher is not that tall either, basically standard 6' feet heught for superheros.

4c78b225-d4ba-446f-8c57-a76ec9f9d33e.jpg

to be fair, in that era, every hero was huge save for Wolverine.

I like the casting. Also surprised that they landed a big movie star for the role for a TV series.
Feels like Moon Knight could easily transition from TV show to a big screen sequel or MCU movie appearances in the future.

Update: October 26, 2020

Oscar Isaac to Star Marvel Studios' MOON KNIGHT TV Series for Disney+

yBNxcUf.jpg

Oscar Isaac is in negotiations to topline Moon Knight, the latest Marvel series for Disney+. The dealmaking sets up a return for Isaac to the four-color world of Marvel, as he played the blue-skinned titular villain in Fox’s 2016 Marvel movie, X-Men: Apocalypse.

Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s comic book adaptation Umbrella Academy series, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on Moon Knight.

Moon Knight has had a winding road in the comics since debuting in 1975’s Werewolf by Night #32. Moon Knight is Marc Spector, an ex-Marine turned mercenary whose multiple alter egos allow him to better fight crime. These alternate personas include cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant. In the later comics, he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu, while recently, he was a consultant who dresses in all white and goes by the name Mr. Knight. Most writers who have tackled Moon Knight in recent years have depicted him as a character with multiple personalities and a fractured mental state.

If a deal makes, the casting of Moon Knight will close out the top billing of the final run of Marvel originals for Disney+, following Tatiana Maslany coming on board to lead She-Hulk and newcomer Iman Vellani being named to star in Ms. Marvel.

Those series join a growing roster of shows Marvel Studios has in the works for Disney+. WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, is set to debut later this year. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Tom Hiddleston's Loki are both working to complete production after facing COVID-19 related shutdowns in the spring.

Isaac is well-known for his work in the genre space with leading roles in the latest Star Wars trilogy, Annihilation and Ex Machina, as well as in prestige fare like Inside Llewyn Davis. He also made an uncredited post-credits cameo in the Oscar-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as fan-favorite hero Miguel O'Hara. He next appears in Denis Villeneuve's adaptation of Dune, now set to open Oct. 1, 2021, and is prepping to shoot James Gray's Armageddon Time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...lks-to-star-in-marvels-moon-knight-for-disney

I like the casting. Also surprised that they landed a big movie star for the role for a TV series.
Feels like Moon Knight could easily transition from TV show to a big screen sequel or MCU movie appearances in the future.

Blade should also be a TV show and I should be the show runner.

Daredevil, Blade and Moon Knight series with Brother Voodoo, Hellstrom, Ghost Rider and The Hood as side characters.

Everyone clamors for a Dark DCEU but Marvel has Marvel Knights and they are way better than what DC has IMO.

A crossover between all of them for a mini series. It’s what the Defenders should have been, except everything but DD was complete shit.

Didn't know Oscar was Apocalypse. I thought it was an old man actor in that role.

Moon Knight’: Mohamed Diab To Direct Marvel’s Disney+ Series
EXCLUSIVE: Clash helmer Mohamed Diab has been tapped to direct Moon Knight, the Marvel series for Disney+ based on the comic book hero, Deadline has learned.

Nobody is commenting, but we hear that the Egyptian filmmaker has boarded the drama starring Oscar Isaac as the title character Moon Knight, aka Marc Spector, a mercenary who has numerous alter egos — cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant — in order to better fight the criminal underworld. But later he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu. Most recently, the character was a consultant who dresses in all-white and goes by the name Mr. Knight.

Moon Knight was created by Doug Moench and Don Perlin and appeared in the August 1975 issue Werewolf by Night #32.

Jeremy Slater is the TV project’s showrunner, leading the writing team on the series.

Diab’s film Eshtebak (Clash) was an official selection at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, in the Un Certain Regard category. He is also known for his directorial debut film Cairo 678, which was released a month before the Egyptian revolution. Diab also wrote the blockbuster Egyptian franchise El Gezeira (The Island), which are among the highest grossing Egyptian and Arabic films of all time. His next feature, Amira is eyed for release in 2021.

Diab, known for his style of propulsive and prescient filmmaking, is repped by CAA and Greenberg Glusker.

Updtae: October 27, 2020

Egyptian Filmmaker Mohamed Diab to Direct MOON KNIGHT TV Series for Disney+

CfUCFmH.jpg

We only just found out that Oscar Isaac is in final talks to play the lead role of Marc Spector in Disney+'s Moon Knight, and it's now being reported that the highly-anticipated Marvel series has found a director.

According to Deadline, Egyptian filmmaker Mohamed Diab has been tapped to helm the show. The trade doesn't specify how many episodes he'll direct, however.

Diab garnered great acclaim for his directorial debut Cairo 678 and its follow-up Clash, which both focused on elements of political and cultural unrest in his home country. His next film, Amira, is scheduled to be released in 2021.

Jeremy Slater (The Umbrella Academy; The Exorcist) will serve as showrunner, and is leading the show's writing team.

No official synopsis for Moon Knight has been revealed yet, but the small-screen adaptation is expected to stick pretty close to the basic premise of the comic, with Marc Spector, a highly skilled mercenary who has numerous alter egos, channelling the power of the Egyptian moon god Khonshu to fight crime in LA.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...er-mohamed-diab-as-director-a179602#gs.jue164

Moon Knight was never one of my favourite characters, but I'll give this a shot.

Moon Knight was never one of my favourite characters, but I'll give this a shot.

I’m not a big fan of Moon Knight myself but I’ve always like his look even back in the early 80s.
There’s a pretty cool and interesting 5-issue arc (Age of Khonshu) that just conclude in the current pages of The Avengers comic which features Moon Knight. The first issue of that arc just grabs your attention with Moon Knight (under the orders of his moon god) stealing the weapons and powers of Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange and Thor.
oyTRnhI.jpg

5sNRRV4.jpg

OCYwNk6.jpg

LsarlJc.jpg

7EEHYdZ.jpg

That's even worse. So not only are we going to have 2 characters with the same unoriginal name but now they are going to diversity replace the star of a recent movie?(I actually dont think they will do that but we shall see)

I predict Marvel Phase 4 sees a fraction of the success that phase 1-3 saw.
Superhero fatigue Is real and they are now scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters.

Its not like their hero names are really used in the movies. How often did we hear Black widow or War Machine?
I do find it weird they are putting out Ms. Marvel already before introducing the Inhumans and fleshing out Captain Marvel more.

Moon Knight can be a very interesting character though and Issac could be great in the role.

He's pretty notorious for playing the worst iteration of Apocalypse (next to his initial appearance, where he was bendy like Mr. Fantastic, which kills me to say because I believe this was at the hands of my beloved Louise Simonson), but he also voices Spiderman2099 in INTO THE SPIDERVERSE.

Which means Jake Johnson, Chris Pine, and Oscar Isaac all have the same fucking voice.

Always been a fan of Moon Knight, ever since I discovered him in the late 70s. Especially the stories in Rampaging Hulk, fun stuff when I was a kid.

Always been a fan of Moon Knight, ever since I discovered him in the late 70s. Especially the stories in Rampaging Hulk, fun stuff when I was a kid.

I almost agree. Great actor, has the right intensity, but... He's 5'7.
Idk why they keep making him a super hero. He was fantastic in Ex Machina. All his super hero stuff sucks he just doesn'thave the look or build for it IMO. Apocalypse, star wars, now this.

I'm really looking forward seeing this, been waiting for a Moon Knight product to come out and despite the overall issues in Star Wars I thought Isaac was pretty good as Poe.

I think it is hilarious that apparently Nick Kroll was under consideration for the role too. I see this guy everywhere with celebrity appearances despite being famous for just being famous and looking permanently stoned. Imagine if he somehow backed into a lead role in a Marvel series lol

2299a7cccd194d57323d43a5f76f9a42c5-22-kroll.rsquare.w1200.jpg
His dad is a big time Hollywood executive. I did like him in the league and a few of the Kroll Show skits are actually pretty funny like the one where he's a reality show girl.

never heard of the character but he looks like a ripoff of the prowler which is also marvel. hopefully its at least decent.!
Very surprised you know Prowler, but not Moon Knight. Must be a Spider-Man fan...

Blade should also be a TV show and I should be the show runner.

Daredevil, Blade and Moon Knight series with Brother Voodoo, Hellstrom, Ghost Rider and The Hood as side characters.

Everyone clamors for a Dark DCEU but Marvel has Marvel Knights and they are way better than what DC has IMO.

A crossover between all of them for a mini series. It’s what the Defenders should have been, except everything but DD was complete shit.
I like the way you think!

Very surprised you know Prowler, but not Moon Knight. Must be a Spider-Man fan...

I discovered both through appearances in Spider-Man issues. As well as Punisher, Nightcrawler, Iron Fist, Captain Britain, and more from the mid-70s to early-80s. Was an awesome time for Marvel Comics.

Back