Monty Williams funeral speech

An odd way to read it. The ones expressing their anger obviously hold a grudge against at least the concept of God even if they claim to not believe in one.

Anger isn't the right word... frustration would be more apt. Frustration that people insist on living under the notion that some invisible being is dictating all of life's events. No matter what the situation.

It's especially comical when you hear someone say that god smiled upon them and they were lucky enough to get the last discounted TV in stock at Costco... meanwhile how many awfully tragic things happened at that same moment. Cool tho, you got your TV bro.

I don't even play the game, the idea that "god" is some accepted concept doesn't register with me. It literally holds the same weight as alien abductions, ghosts, tooth fairy, bigfoot, lockness and Santa Claus.

So when someone says, "God loved me so much he gave me a wife that loved every part of me" It honestly in every way shape and form translates to "Bigfoot loved me so much he gave me a wife that loved every part of me". Which of course is utter lunacy...

Anyway, I feel empathy for Monty Williams. Truly tragic in the way he lost his wife and I suppose he finds solace in choosing to thank the yeti for all his blessings in the face of such tragedy. It's a more productive lie than dwelling on the facts and trying to reconcile that.

the notion that some invisible being is dictating all of life's events. No matter what the situation.
That's not a Christian view.

I don't even play the game
And yet you still feel the need to mock, as evident by your
I suppose he finds solace in choosing to thank the yeti for all his blessings in the face of such tragedy. It's a more productive lie than dwelling on the facts and trying to reconcile that.
Strange, that.

Man, you take it as "mocking"... I seriously present it as a like comparison. God, Zeus, Spaghetti Monster, Happy Walrus... whatever man... call it what you want, we are all talking about the same thing. Which basically amounts to the unknown, or nothing... however you like it.

Wow. Even though his wife was taken from him in a senseless auto crash, this man didn't rail against her killer. He asked for mercy and prayer for her family. My goodness! The amount of faith and strength that took is amazing.

I'm a follower of Jesus and his teachings, what I just saw was a man not only "talk the talk" he's also "walking the walk".

"Obey God, leave all of the consequences to him"

- Rev. Charles F. Stanley

Back