Monte Barrett Vs David Tua

Someone give me a rundown of the fight... I completely missed it! =(

I'm so out of it man... dammit

I'm an idiot....
wrong thread.

Last edited:
I am a HUGE Tua fan...but the fight w/ Ibeabuchi seemed to take alot of steam out of him.Tua had a good shot but I am afraid injuries and managerial problems have kept him from the title.Again just looking from the outside in.....his best years are way behind him.

Didn't see the fight. Poker night. Kinda pissed about the draw since I put a couple bucks down on Barrett just in case. Tua getting knocked down was a surprise. Gonna have to youtube it.

Last edited:
Tua needs to retire. he's far too old and too fat to get anywhere in the HW division.

I cant believe Barrett dropped Tua. I guess whoever it was on here that said he was holding the heavy bag for Monte was right in saying he had heavy hands

Tua's legs don't hold up anymore.

i still can't believe he went through all that trouble when Solis knocked Barrett in 2 rounds.

calm down.

the point i was trying to make was that Mark Hunt got KTFO in less than a minute which was surprising as hell.

Mark Hunt losing that way was completely unexpected as was Tua performing the way he did tonight. Seriously, look at the responses earlier in this thread. No one thought Barrett would fight like he did, let alone manage to knock down Tua (something other harding hitting HWs have not yet managed to do).....

You could have made the point without saying Hunt was knocked out by a jab.

Those shots would have ko'ed a bull especially the out of balance way Hunt was charging in.

You could have made the point without saying Hunt was knocked out by a jab.

Those shots would have ko'ed a bull especially the out of balance way Hunt was charging in.

The bull got caught perfect...that's what that was.We're still talking about Melvin...Right?

lolz... Tua is still fighting?

lolz... Tua is still fighting?

Was inactive from 07-09. Making a comeback.

He looked good against Cameron an Ahunanya (Going 12 rounds), but this fight he didn't look to sharp after the first 5 rounds.

Back