Montano: "I came on Tuesday at 144lbs"

While I don’t like you attacking women about their weight, the accent thing was funny.

I actually take great pleasure in attacking women on their weight, if they deserve it...if a woman was in a major car crash and was bed ridden for 6 months and gained a hundred lbs..that's no fault...but other wise, get off your ass and lose the weight...otherwise be prepared to be made fun of...

You're a fighter you have to make weight. Stop eating!!!!

I actually take great pleasure in attacking women on their weight, if they deserve it...if a woman was in a major car crash and was bed ridden for 6 months and gained a hundred lbs..that's no fault...but other wise, get off your ass and lose the weight...otherwise be prepared to be made fun of...

I don't want to live in a world that you can't call a fat person a bag of donuts, regardless of gender, race, religion, etc.

How I feel about Nicco every time a thread about her pops up:

So, she's too big for the division now I guess

How was she able to make weight 3 times on TUF in a short while? Did she bulk up too much?

between january and june she was in and out of hospital with various issues, so she didnt train as much as she would have done.

So basically she got a lot heavier in the run up to the fight than normal. I think she said she started training in July and her entire camp was solely about weight.

The Performance Institute were actually advising her and handling her weight-cut which is kinda ironic..

her theory is that cutting weight so many times in succession for the show has fucked up her body and fucked up this weight cut. Ive no idea if thats true or not

Why?

Okay, so if you know you are gonna get killed, mess it up so you dont even get paid and jeopardize your mma future?

Poor cut imo. Thats all.
Agreed. Wouldn’t make sense to pay for a camp and fly out there for self sabotage.

weight cuts are harder on the body for women. she should have came in lighter. this shit is her own fault

I've now lost all respect for WMMA ...

bwahaha.jpg

Pretty fucking dumb if true. 20lbs three days before weigh ins for someone as small as her was just asking for it to go badly. 20lbs is the most I’ll let myself be over 1 full week before weigh ins and then I cut my carbs and sodium completely. Lose 8-10 that week and do the rest in water on weigh in day. She also made weight multiple times within weeks on tuf so no idea why she would come in that heavy.

between january and june she was in and out of hospital with various issues, so she didnt train as much as she would have done.

So basically she got a lot heavier in the run up to the fight than normal. I think she said she started training in July and her entire camp was solely about weight.

The Performance Institute were actually advising her and handling her weight-cut which is kinda ironic..

her theory is that cutting weight so many times in succession for the show has fucked up her body and fucked up this weight cut. Ive no idea if thats true or not
Lol, that's pretty fucked up that the UFC performance institute handled her cut.

Pretty shitty situation overall. I just hope Val get's a fight soon and that Nicco can recover from this. Maybe she can fight her way back up to another title shot.

That is more then some male fighters.
That’s more than what garbrant weighed after rehydrating for 227
13.2% bw cut. Male fighters often do it, but it's not on the easy side. No idea how difficult that would be for a woman.
She's 5'5, and quite thin... seems unlikely that she was 144 lbs.
I added the % their weight cut was in terms of bodyweight to the original quote:
Women's Featherweight
14.7% | Cris Cyborg: 170 lbs
01.4% | Holly Holm: 147 lbs

Women's Bantamweight
03.6% | Ronda Rousey: 140 lbs
10.6% | Cat Zingano: 151 lbs

Women's Flyweight
07.4% | Valentina Shevchenko: 135 lbs

Women's Strawweight
03.4% | Rose Namajunas: 119 lbs
06.1% | Joanna Jędrzejczyk: 122.4 lbs
08.7% | Cláudia Gadelha: 126 lbs
11.2% | Polyana Viana: 129.5 lbs
11.9% | JJ Aldrich: 130.5 lbs
09.5% | Weili Zhang: 127 lbs
07.6% | Danielle Taylor: 124.5 lbs
Mackenzie Dern: 139.5 lbs (missed weight)
12.9% | Jéssica Andrade: 132 lbs
For context, Montano would've been attempting a 13.2% weight cut.

Pretty fucking dumb if true. 20lbs three days before weigh ins for someone as small as her was just asking for it to go badly. 20lbs is the most I’ll let myself be over 1 full week before weigh ins and then I cut my carbs and sodium completely. Lose 8-10 that week and do the rest in water on weigh in day. She also made weight multiple times within weeks on tuf so no idea why she would come in that heavy.

Just for reference, Valentina was only 3lbs over on Tuesday if I'm reading the date stamps of the UFC Embedded episode correctly. Even when she was fighting up a division she walked around at 135lbs and always weighed in under the limit. But for some stupid reason, fighters think this is the ultimate weight-cutting championships and keep hospitalizing themselves with bad weight cuts.

Back