Montano: "I came on Tuesday at 144lbs"

Why?

Okay, so if you know you are gonna get killed, mess it up so you dont even get paid and jeopardize your mma future?

Poor cut imo. Thats all.
Because she didn't want to face Val, and hoped she could get some sympathy by going to the hospital. Just listen to her interviews before the fight. Girl was deflated and defeated. Spoke with no confidence, and spoke about her title reign in the past tense. One of the most reveling interviews for me was when she was on MMA Unfiltered (yes I listen, hearing Matt be so thin skinned is hilarious since he's paired with a comedian). The girl couldn't even be asked about Valentina, she was quiet and uncomfortable.

Edit:

Nicco had a lot to lose. She had already pushed the fight as far out as she could. In her time outside the cage, Nicco spent her time making a lot of public appearances and activities with her tribe. There was no other way to save fave as the champion to her people. Imagine the position she was in. She knew she couldn't win this fight, and there was no other way out without embarrassing herself. It was either a beating or vacating. Either would make her look like a coward in the eyes of the tribe.

Last edited:
It's a travesty that this stacked, prestigious division full of top fighters has been held up this long.

<36>

Don't let the revolving door of WMMA hit your fat ass on the way out.

She's unprofessional and won't be any near a title shot anytime soon

She's 5'5, and quite thin... seems unlikely that she was 144 lbs.

UFC did the good thing, she went too far. If you want to resort to those last minute crazy weight cuts, you risk to lose everything.

They're making it up for the wrong message they put by letting Darren Till fight for the title

haha. someone on here told me she wasn't even cutting very much. yeah, rightttt

She's 5'5, and quite thin... seems unlikely that she was 144 lbs.
It's fucking insane. My wife is 22 weeks pregnant, same height, same weight (and not in training camp.....).

sounds intentional until proven otherwise

but you know, this was the biggest ufc mismatch of all time.

this was probably the best way out for her, though it certainly doesn't look good

Last edited:
well as expected, the more she describes the situation the more it seems that she is undisciplined and not worthy of holding a belt. good decision Dana

Does anyone know if she ever missed weight before? I have no clue

It is when you talk with a filthy mouth like that.

I didn't say "fat bitches". I would never say that. Even if they were chunky and mean. That would be over the line. "Husky broad" is like a term of endearment.

Back