Monstrously big athletes

Anyone below 7 feet shouldn't even be considered. On phone but look up Watt next to Yao.

BC_mz_vCYAEZRHB.jpg:large

JJ Watt is probably the biggest beast in football at the moment though.

He is probably the most athletic and explosive of the hard working individuals

Semmy Schilt, 6'11 295lbs.

[YT]qNaP35IfO3s[/YT]

knocking out people with his jab.

He's old now.. but at 6'7 290, Julius Peppers was the scariest guy in the NFL for a while. Mostly while he played for the Panthers..

giphy.gif

And easily p4p one of the top athletes to ever play any sport (this is from last year, dudes well into his 30's now lol)

Peppers_Pick-Six.gif

In any sport: football, basketball, boxing, soccerball (aka: sphere-foot).

Who are the beasts but with a bit more than just a modicum of ability??

Shawn Oakman. 6'9, 290lbs

shawn-oakman-ncaa-football-cotton-bowl-classic-michigan-state-vs-baylor.jpg

Too fat to fight in the UFC LOL.

I've never seen him up close but I remember years ago seeing Chris Pronger in full gear and skates and he was like a giant. Can only imagine how huge Chara is in full gear.

I met Chris Pronger during the off season in a hotel in NYC (not like that, I know what you are thinking). It was that day there was that massive blackout in the northeast. I dont know if any of you remember that like in 2003 or 2004.

Obviously he was not in his equipment. But he did not seem that large.

Alexander Karelin 6'4, 290lbs

tumblr_n5c33g1qaV1s3fncco1_500.jpg

Maybe not a pure "giant" for this thread, but an huge fucking phenomenal athlete with a very balanced build... basically 290lbs of muscle without be a giraffe, fall in the fat category or the super pumped strongmen type

Disappointed that he wasn't mentioned earlier. The dude was literally known for picking up fully resistant opponents off the ground and dumping them on their head. One of the most impressive feats to see in sports.

[Yt]7_dDKWmyz4k[/MEDIA]

And nobody wants to fight him. Quite frankly, on skates, he gets on stiff arm on your Jersey, holds you at arms length where your punches are too short to reach him, and just fires punches. Even if you try to run away, he ragdolls the crap out of you. McCabe was never the same after this.

[YT]317UxnIXvTw[/YT]

Had his share of dirty hits too. Remember when he killed Pacioretty?
[YT]jimZ1tSdPY0[/YT]

When Z was starting out, he was not much of a fighter I dont believe. He did not turn into a fighter until he came to Irish Beantown.

And he has not always looked godlike in his fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIQRpvMsbZk

[YT]RIQRpvMsbZk[/YT]

But he aint the only tall hockey player. Tyler Myers, Derek Boogaard, are all very tall. The adult hockey leagues in NYC actually have some players in the highest divisions that are that tall too.

I met Chris Pronger during the off season in a hotel in NYC (not like that, I know what you are thinking). It was that day there was that massive blackout in the northeast. I dont know if any of you remember that like in 2003 or 2004.

Obviously he was not in his equipment. But he did not seem that large.

It was the height more than anything. He's a naturally slim guy but he's 6'6" without skates. So in full gear he's closer to 6'8" to 6'9". Just when I saw him hit the ice he was noticeably bigger than the other players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back