Money to be made on Tecia to beat Van Burren this weekend?

xhaydenx

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Putting together some bets for this weekend, and I'm looking at Tecia vs Van Burren this weekend.

Tecia is a pretty decent underdog, but I'm not seeing why in this one.

Here's my thinking:

Burren is on a bit of streak. Her last few wins were, a nobody, Moyle (who is ok), and then she beat three girls in one night in an Invicta tourny, including Juliana Lima and Curran. The thing is, Lima is getting on and is susceptible to LNP, and Curran is not good at all, really. If I remember rightly, Burren made the most of this + the fact that she has way better wrestling than them. This worked because the fights were 1 rounders up until the final. It was easy for her to secure the single round with the wrestling.

After all this, she beat Souza, who I thought looked great back in Invicta, but has looked pretty average since. Burren beat her well, but the fight was contested at whatever pace Burren wanted, and Souza isn't very physical.

Now onto Tecia:

I think she's the big underdog mainly because she's lost her last 4. That's not good, obviously, but look at who she's been losing to. She got beat by Andrade (when she was on her own streak), Joanna, Zhang, and finally Marina Rodriguez (up and comer with serious champ potential).

^ She was losing to some of the best, if not the very best fighters in the division. What's more, she didn't get embarrassed in any of those fights. She was competitive in all of those fights and took them to a decision.

Now, onto actual Tecia vs Burren:

Tecia is 30, Burren is 26. So, Burren has the youth, but 30 isn't really that old for Tecia. Tecia is 5"1, so tiny, but Burren is 4"11, so even smaller. Burren isn't going to have any sort of size advantage at all. Watching Burren against Souza, and I think Tecia is going to be faster, which will be good for her in-out striking style. I also think she'll maybe even have some strength and wrestling advantages. Burren got taken down easily by Souza at one point, and a scramble ended with her in a bad spot at the end of the first round. Also, I think Tecia is going to be a ton harder to take down than anyone Burren has fought yet. Decent cardio on both sides, but I see Brianna slow just a little, while Tecia doesn't slow at all in 5 rounds.

I can see how the bookies are looking at Burren's and Tecia's recent records, and obviously it looks bad for Tecia, but that doesn't tell the whole story, as I laid out above.

So, Tecia should take this one, right?

Thoughts?

EDITED TO ADD:

Just re-watching Tecia vs Marina, which was Tecia's last fight. She still looks fast, fit and strong. She really struggled with Marina's huge height and reach advantage, not to mention that Marina is awesome on the feet.

What are the odds? And where do you bet personally? I'm in australia and UFC isn't very known in terms of betting.

Idk.. Tecia is on a huge skid and Van Buren is no easy task. I have this fight 55/45 for Brianna

tecia will lose this and then get cut.

I'd maybe look at this as a live bet, if Brianna can't impose her wrestling on Tecia then Tecia should win, but if she can it'll be a long night for Tecia.

I do think Tecia is a live dog, but not enough to bet her.

foot modelling??

I don't know, doesn't she have hobbit feet?

As far as Brianna is concerned, I was convinced that she was kidnapped by this incel and thrown down a well.

full

I don't know, doesn't she have hobbit feet?

As far as Brianna is concerned, I was convinced that she was kidnapped by this incel and thrown down a well.

full
lol, yeah she kindda does. bad bunions at such a young age.

i dunno who that guy is. looks like dana's step brother from another mother.

lol, yeah she kindda does. bad bunions at such a young age.

i dunno who that guy is. looks like dana's step brother from another mother.

It's leto1976 or whatever his username is, who watches WMMA exclusively and shows up at Invicta events chasing soccer moms around the parking lot looking for autographs.

What are the odds? And where do you bet personally? I'm in australia and UFC isn't very known in terms of betting.

All the major online sites do UFC from what I've seen. Pointsbet, Beteasy, Bet365 all do UFC.

Idk.. Tecia is on a huge skid and Van Buren is no easy task. I have this fight 55/45 for Brianna

Right, like I said though, Tecia lost to Andrade, who was champ, Joanna, who was the longest running champ, Zhang, the current champ, and Marina, probably a future champ.

Burren's recent win was Curran and SOuza. I highly doubt Tecia would have lost to them.

Last edited:
No way. Tecia is awful and should have been cut a fight or two ago. Burres is on the up and up, trains at an elite gym and the size difference will he negligible. Can't see either fighter being finished so the over on 2.5 rounds would be a smart bet. Probably would add it to a 2 or 3 bet parlay.

All the major online sites do UFC from what I've seen. Pointsbet, Beteasy, Bet365 all do UFC.

Right, like I said though, Tecia lost to Andrade, who was champ, Joanna, who was the longest running champ, Zhang, the current champ, and Marina, probably a future champ.

Burren's recent win was Curran and SOuza. I highly doubt Tecia would have lost to them.
Souza is a very good win though. Turns out Tecia is +165 which sounds about right. Its a good underdog bet but it certainly isnt a great one Id rely on hitting. I still got Brianna winning a close fight.

Back