Money fights

Ingjr

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With all these champs wanting the money fights, I'm curious to know why a person would rather see an inferior fighter fight the champ over the #1 contender. Myself, I'd much rather purchase a Wonderboy/Woodley ticket over a Woodley/Diaz or GSP bout. I'm interested in the better fights, not someone that use to be at the top but rather the guy that's at the top NOW. Same with Conor/Diaz. I'd much rather see him defend his title against anyone at 145 than to see him get his ass whopped again by Diaz. Even if he wins, big deal.

First rule about "money fights"......Don't talk about money fights!

3c78448dab2f3e91251a45c71e157e19.jpg

If he wins the 155 champ will be licking his lips or I wouldn't be surprised if he calls out Nick and floods the Diaz household with more cash.

Casual fans just don't know better, and that's where the money comes from.

The UFC protecting Connie is what set off this chain reaction of subpar champs going with "Money" fights ducking their own divisions #1 Contenders

- Connie #DUCKED Frankie

- Bisping #DUCKED Jacare

- Woodley #DUCKED Wonderboy

- Alvarez wanted to #DUCK Le Khabib

Goes to show you what happens when undeserving people get the belt.

What's the common factor between these 4? They all had laughable title runs.

Prove me wrong

Protip: You can't

<13>

The UFC protecting Connie is what set off this chain reaction of subpar champs going with "Money" fights ducking their own divisions #1 Contenders

You're a real piece of work...You blaming Conor is so transparent. You're still sore over:

Aldo-fans-crying-e1450002902932.jpg

Money fights is just a term used to try and justify a fighter picking an easier fight, IMO.

Conor has just showed all the other fighters in the UFC like Woodley and others the Promised Land and now they are all going there.

Blame Dana for allowing this to happen.

Wouldn't be a problem if fighter pay blah blah.

Conor has just showed all the other fighters in the UFC like Woodley and others the Promised Land and now they are all going there.

Blame Dana for allowing this to happen.

Wouldn't be a problem if fighter pay blah blah.

Another jerk blaming McGregor:

41844568.jpg

Another jerk blaming McGregor:

41844568.jpg

Guess Ian McCall was right on how Conor fanboys get so easily butthurt.

If anything what i said about Conor was actually a compliment about how Conor has just showed the other fighters how they can make the big money.

Also learn to read the part where Dana should be blamed instead.

You're a real piece of work...You blaming Conor is so transparent. You're still sore over:

Aldo-fans-crying-e1450002902932.jpg

What does this have to do with Aldo? I was one of the first people to give him props for winning.

However I did lose respect again when he #DUCKED Frankie.

You however sit still seem distraught over:

image.jpeg

- Alvarez wanted to #DUCK Le Khabib

Goes to show you what happens when undeserving people get the belt.

What's the common factor between these 4? They all had laughable title runs.

Can't agree Alvarez is undeserving; he beat high level competition before wresting the belt from Dos Anjos.

This is a business. There is more $ in GSP, Lesnar, CM Punk, Connor, Ronda, Nick than anywhere else. Woodley's got to go where the $ is. This is simple economics. If he doesn't want to be broke at the end of his career he needs a big name pay day and to hang on to the belt as long as he can. The PPV #'s prove this out. It's either feast or famine with these fights. Hell more than half the cards can't crack the 250,000 threshold needed to actually get fighters on the main cards extra $ from PPV buys. Woodley's not ducking anyone he's doing the best thing for his financial future.

Back