" Money fights "

Even with new ownership it seems Dana's still in charge like he always was, so he should ultimately get the blame for this.

I want to see the best fighters fight the best fighters in each division. If it gets down to the fighters exclusively calling the shots, it ceases to be that. I know this happened to a degree in the past, and I can live with that. But I'm not interested in it being prevalent. Sorry, that kills that competitive aspect of it.

I think the whole point is that more people care about it... That's where the "money" comes from
This actually support Woodley's decision, lol. Nobody knows who the fuck Wonderboy is. Many more know who GSP and Nick are.

AND, the UFC set the precedent and standard!! So, instead of veiled and overt hate threads towards fighters they don't like, they SHOULD, be directing their false outrage at bullshit artist, Dana White and co.
I mentioned UFC in my post. I don't hate Alvaro and Tyron at all. I know why they are doing that and how that sh** started. But as a MMA fan I just don't like to see interim champs because a guy who just won his belt want to fight in another division. I don't like to see Bisping fight a guy who recently as more losses than wins.

It´s all thanks to Conor. And the immediate non deserving rematches UFC´s policy.

And if i were Amanda Nunes i would sit on my belt and wait Ronda Rousey to return, because it´s 'the money fight'.

Everybody is doing it so i would do it to too.

I mentioned UFC in my post. I don't hate Alvaro and Tyron at all. I know why they are doing that and how that sh** started. But as a MMA fan I just don't like to see interim champs because a guy who just won his belt want to fight in another division. I don't like to see Bisping fight a guy who recently as more losses than wins.
I agree, but a few losses and it's a wrap. Until the UFC actually starts taking better care of fighters across the board, I have no problem with them scrambling to get 'Fuck you!' money, when they climb the mountain.

MMA wouldn't be main stream today if it wasn't all about money, which is okay with me. But most people are glad that MMA is main stream. Brock, Ronda, and Connor aren't real fighters imo but they are the reason the UFC is what it is today. So yeah it's all about money.
How are Conor and Ronda not real fighters? Conor iced Aldo in 13 seconds and Ronda finished 13 fights in a row by the same damn submission. What is going on tonight?

Can't blame the fighters for wanting money fights. If they allow some people to have meaningless money fights (McGregor vs Nate I and II, Bisping vs Hendo), then it's obvious other champions will prefer financial gain over fighting the contender who deserves the most.

I thought wonderboy was wanting to fight lawler? He said so on fox after the prelims.

I'm pretty sure most fans would rather see Robbie/Nick 2 and wonder boy/woodley than woodley/nick

Put your money fight in your ass. I hope UFC stop this bullshit of giving fights that nobody care. Alvarez and Woodley have just won the belt. They should fight Khabib or Ferguson who are the principal contenders and Wonderboy. They are no GSP or Anderson so stop this sh** and defend your belt against the real contenders.

lol. I remember when I was 16, too. The UFC is a business. Go take a BUSN or ECON 101 course at your local community college ffs before you come in here posting ridiculous, uninformed and overall stupid "opinions".

Put your money fight in your ass. I hope UFC stop this bullshit of giving fights that nobody care. Alvarez and Woodley have just won the belt. They should fight Khabib or Ferguson who are the principal contenders and Wonderboy. They are no GSP or Anderson so stop this sh** and defend your belt against the real contenders.
Money fights mean people care about them, otherwise there wouldn't be money to be made.

Again, the UFC does not care what you're individual opinion is (frankly, I doubt many people do, in general). They care about consensus figures and money, not your childish bushido garbage mindset. You're gonna have a rough time when you get out into the real world, kid.

Fighters just wanna get paid more so they just go for the money fights.

Anyone in their position would do the same thing.

Merit and rankings don't matter anymore.

It never did. At the very basis it's prizefighting. The champ doesn't need a silly gold belt just the biggest payday. Of course they usually go hand in hand but not always.

I think champions should at least defend 3-4 times before they start yammering about getting the money fights. Keep knocking people out and the money will come, instead of running your mouth ten seconds after winning the belt. Just my opinion though.

You have to earn your so-called money fights. You just won the belt and nobody even knows who you are. Take it down a notch.

The problem is that fighters keep trying to will these alleged Money Fights into existence without any effort by simply calling it one and thinking it will be one, while not being draws themselves. He literally just won the title after a year a half of not fighting. How many casuals were first introduced to him tonight? Probably a lot. Unless you're Brock Lesnar coming over from WWE, draws in MMA are built up over time.

How can fans cry about fighters being paid more

And then cry when fighters are in a position to demand to make more

Fuck that. If you're in a position to make more money, you sit on your ass and wait until you are paid. You could only have one shot to make real money and if you just go fighting every 2 weeks for 20k you'll be just as wise and broke as Donald cerrone

Back