Moments in Documentaries that stuck with you?

I need to watch that.

My favorite biking “documentary “ is Dust to Glory.

Mainly the parts following Mouse finishing on a dirt bike solo, because for decades me and my buddy wanted to do it.

we would both ride, but each on our own bikes soloing.

Then Mouse does it. Crazy

Steve Hengeveld and his son raced the Parker 250 in 2012 when I was there

Was one of my most competitive rides

Dust 2 Glory
https://tubitv.com/movies/509852/dust-2-glory

@fingercuffs
https://youtu.be/6dG9bM8PZKU

Hard to pick a single moment, but the Ken Burns Vietnam War documentary that came out a couple years ago on Netflix was massively depressing. The whole thing was just a tragedy. It does an amazing job of highlighting the human toll. I recommend people watch it from start to finish, it’s powerful and very thorough.

Hard to pick a single moment, but the Ken Burns Vietnam War documentary that came out a couple years ago on Netflix was massively depressing. The whole thing was just a tragedy. It does an amazing job of highlighting the human toll. I recommend people watch it from start to finish, it’s powerful and very thorough.

I've seen it but didn't consider it all that thorough, it's worth a watch for sure though.

Blackfish, when one of the orcas is toying with and slowly (almost) drowning one of the trainers.

I feel nihilistic when I picture myself as the prey of a stonefish; life is fleeting.

I saw such a documentary as a child; the image shocked me at the time and stuck with me.

Years later, there was a late night commercial for a VCR tape of humans dying.
The commercial showed a woman unawares about to be hit by a train, her stonefish.

Last edited:
Not so much a documentary as a show, but Tiger King sticks out to me. I'd been told by literally everyone I know that I had to check it out, so I did... and I was on the second episode when I called my buddy and told him the show wasn't anywhere near as funny as I thought it would be and that the comedy writers were probably Parks and Rec castoffs.

That's when he explained that it wasn't a comedy, but in fact very real.

After I heard that, I was transfixed to the TV.

Game Changers when blood was taken from athletes after they ate meat. The blood was put in a centrifuge and all the gross animal fat rose to the top taking up half the beaker and the rest of the blood was at the bottom.

maxresdefault.jpg

Fuckin lmao

Some real knife-twisting, traumatizing ones from war, crime, and drug docs, but I don't really want to revisit those.

So instead I'll mention one The King of Kong when the doc's manifest villain, Billy, goes into a supermarket, with the camera crew following him, and starts pushing every competing hot wings sauce to the back of the shelf, and bringing every one of his own to the front, so that shoppers would think the store only carried a single brand of hot sauce.

I just laughed, "Is this guy fucking real?"

Such a pimp move tho

this scene from a day in September (3.10 mark)

Of course I've learned a lot more about the subject then but it was stunning at the time

Making a murderer, after having plucked from school and interrogated by the local police with no lawyer. Brendan Dassey asked if he can go back to school but got denied and handcuffed. That was his last moment of freedom.

Hey dummy, you think people in the Congo give a crap about Americans dying in 9/11? The closer the death is to you and your family, the more you are affected. Human nature you dimwit.

First of all, this is you rn:
2f7.jpg

Secondly, what about the tens of thousands that died in america from corona? What about all the servicemen that died in the iraq and afghan war? Lets face it youre deluded by american propoganda. Youre the mans bitch and are incapable of free thought.

The nibbler doc when it's just him and his wife going for the record the final time. True ride or die bitch right there.

People die everyday in Afghanistan, Congo, and so many other countries by the thousands in more political and brutal ways than 9/11. Whats with Americans obsession and mental masturbation over 9/11? Why arent you people sad about all of it equally? Why?
So a group of terrorists fly hijacked planes into the middle of the worlds economic center, into two iconic tremendous buildings, killing thousands of people from all races, including heroic first responders trying to save lives, and we shouldn’t really grieve over that? I lived in the city and knew people that died, and I will never forget. As for other atrocities in the world, we care, but the human psyche can only take so much horror.

Back