Moments in Documentaries that stuck with you?

That sounds like an interesting documentary. Hope you remember the name of it so i can check it out
'Red Bomb' (I think). It's on youtube but the one I remember seeing was either an hour or half an hour as opposed to 10 minutes. I think I originally saw it on the History Channel but it wasn't made/produced by them. The shorter version and some other videos about it are intetesting nonetheless and worth checking out if you have the time.

I remember watching a documentary about white supremacists/skinheads around 20 years ago. Stuck with me since one of the younger members of the group said "we're not going to get anywhere if we keep shaving our heads and wearing combat boots". He mentioned growing their hair back, ditching the flight jackets and combat boots for a business suit, moderating or keeping their ideology secret, finding and exploiting common ground with other groups who would normally be abhorred by the skinheads, getting themselves entrenched into society, particularly the military, law enforcement, and politics. And leveraging the internet to push their "new" more acceptable ideology to as many people as possible.

As far as i can tell....
mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

'Red Bomb' (I think). It's on youtube but the one I remember seeing was either an hour or half an hour as opposed to 10 minutes. I think I originally saw it on the History Channel but it wasn't made/produced by them. The shorter version and some other videos about it are intetesting nonetheless and worth checking out if you have the time.

awesome! thanks, i'll have to do some of my own digging to find it as well

I really like Ewan Mcgregor and Charley Boorman’s motorbike escapades where they literally went The Long Way round on bikes. Started in London, rode all the way through Russia and ended up in New York. While filling the bike up with petrol, loads of it went in Ewan’s eye, I’ve probably watched the doc 10 times now but it was really horrible to see.
When I move house which happens a lot, that’s in my hand luggage,not a shipping container.

Either Good or Bad?

Ever have those moments that seem to burn into your brain, never to leave.

This was a discussion at my office recently after the Boss was talking about the Challenger Documentary On Netflix.

I haven't seen that one, but one of the most memorable moments that I recall came from the 9/11 documentary by the Two French Brothers: Jules and Gedeon Naudet.

Sounds of the fallen as the Firemen were trying to cooridnate.

Many of the other details of that film have escaped me, but these parts stuck.

Sorry its a heavy one.

What about you's guys?

First thing that came to my mind after reading this title.

People die everyday in Afghanistan, Congo, and so many other countries by the thousands in more political and brutal ways than 9/11. Whats with Americans obsession and mental masturbation over 9/11? Why arent you people sad about all of it equally? Why?
Hey dummy, you think people in the Congo give a crap about Americans dying in 9/11? The closer the death is to you and your family, the more you are affected. Human nature you dimwit.

People die everyday in Afghanistan, Congo, and so many other countries by the thousands in more political and brutal ways than 9/11. Whats with Americans obsession and mental masturbation over 9/11? Why arent you people sad about all of it equally? Why?
It was a one hit wonder that took out thousands in one hit. I t was a flippin catastrophe. We, whether it be good or bad, care for our own and it was a western incident. I give a fuck about the tsunami years ago for instance but it wasn't close to home so it didn't have the same impact. It's how human nature works.

Hey dummy, you think people in the Congo give a crap about Americans dying in 9/11? The closer the death is to you and your family, the more you are affected. Human nature you dimwit.

Hey if you see any Congolese guys, tell them I said tough luck with the whole King Leopold thing.

gladiatordays.jpg
When they show Troy Kell stab Lonnie Blackmon, and the blade gets stuck in his head... Then he walks off and says "We got some White Power up in this motherF:eek:cker"
DearZacharyTheatricalPoster.jpg
When you find out what the mom did......

Cartel Land.

Charismatic dentist was fed up with cartel crimes. Started his own militia and took down the cartel in small towns. Other cities were joining him and gaining momentum. Federal government stopped the movement and now he’s in prison for carrying a gun. Corruption at its finest.

I saw a Vietnam documentary. The guy had been depressed for over a decade after the war.

Then he realized what was up. He wasn't depressed, he didn't hate the world. He hated himself... why?... because he had survived the war.

I can never find the damned thing. It's sad. Saw it 20+ years ago. Still remember.

Sounds like this.

Easy, because those aren't documented and or framed in an emotional way that affects people in front of the boob-tube.

It is documented. The narrative focuses on the American perspective and nobody else.
civilian-casualties-iraq-afghanistan-911.png

Rambo 3 perfectly encapsulates American politics.
-Rambo is hired to train the Mujahideen & Taliban to beat Russians in Afghanistan.

So masterfully the bizzaro world of today.

Because it happened here for one , and for two a lot of that other shit has been going on for centuries and the areas seem unwilling to change

When Timothy Tredwill and his girlfriend were eaten by an old mean hungry coastal brown bear and there is audio of it.,,

I really like Ewan Mcgregor and Charley Boorman’s motorbike escapades where they literally went The Long Way round on bikes. Started in London, rode all the way through Russia and ended up in New York. While filling the bike up with petrol, loads of it went in Ewan’s eye, I’ve probably watched the doc 10 times now but it was really horrible to see.
When I move house which happens a lot, that’s in my hand luggage,not a shipping container.
I need to watch that.

My favorite biking “documentary “ is Dust to Glory.

Mainly the parts following Mouse finishing on a dirt bike solo, because for decades me and my buddy wanted to do it.

we would both ride, but each on our own bikes soloing.

Then Mouse does it. Crazy

Back