Moments in Documentaries that stuck with you?

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
Either Good or Bad?

Ever have those moments that seem to burn into your brain, never to leave.

This was a discussion at my office recently after the Boss was talking about the Challenger Documentary On Netflix.

I haven't seen that one, but one of the most memorable moments that I recall came from the 9/11 documentary by the Two French Brothers: Jules and Gedeon Naudet.

Sounds of the fallen as the Firemen were trying to cooridnate.

Many of the other details of that film have escaped me, but these parts stuck.

Sorry its a heavy one.

What about you's guys?

People die everyday in Afghanistan, Congo, and so many other countries by the thousands in more political and brutal ways than 9/11. Whats with Americans obsession and mental masturbation over 9/11? Why arent you people sad about all of it equally? Why?

In the Mike Tyson documentary, when he talks about his late coach - that the coach was the first person to make Mike believe in himself, that he was worth something - and Tyson breaks down in tears.
I remember that too. Doesn’t Tyson say he thought the dude was low key gay because he kept complementing him or something trying to build his confidence.

Pretty much the entire documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest. Thing has like 5 or 6 twists. Really takes you on an emotional ride

That FBI agent from the McDonalds doc series.

The last scenes in the Jinx where he almost throws up when they show the envelops and then when he's talking to himself in the bathroom.

I remember that too. Doesn’t Tyson say he thought the dude was low key gay because he kept complementing him or something trying to build his confidence.
Yes, Tyson said he was suspicious that the guy was trying to take advantage of him - because no one had ever been nice to him before.

There was a documentary I remember seeing maybe ~15 years ago about the Totskoye nuclear experiment. In the 1950's the Soviet Union dropped a few bombs after building some houses and tying up some horses and other livestock to see what kind of effect the bombs would have. Then they immmediately sent out soldiers in a mock war... foot soldiers and tanks to see how well they would do and how they'd hold up under the circumstances. Pretty crazy stuff.
Wish I could remember the name of it (Red something ?) but it definitely left an impression on me.

People die everyday in Afghanistan, Congo, and so many other countries by the thousands in more political and brutal ways than 9/11. Whats with Americans obsession and mental masturbation over 9/11? Why arent you people sad about all of it equally? Why?

Easy, because those aren't documented and or framed in an emotional way that affects people in front of the boob-tube.

Damn this one looks neat.

Thanks Obama!

I saw a Vietnam documentary. The guy had been depressed for over a decade after the war.

Then he realized what was up. He wasn't depressed, he didn't hate the world. He hated himself... why?... because he had survived the war.

I can never find the damned thing. It's sad. Saw it 20+ years ago. Still remember.

maxresdefault.jpg

When Michael Moore talked to Marilyn Manson in Bowling for Columbine. He was like “Keep people afraid of each other. And they will consume.” Always stuck in my head.

The whole point of the movie was in that moment right there. He was trying to say that gun owners aren’t a problem. He was trying to say that pumping a country full of fear in order to sell products while leaving lots of guns lying around with easy access was a recipe for continued mass shootings. He was right too.

Last edited:
There was a documentary I remember seeing maybe ~15 years ago about the Totskoye nuclear experiment. In the 1950's the Soviet Union dropped a few bombs after building some houses and tying up some horses and other livestock to see what kind of effect the bombs would have. Then they immmediately sent out soldiers in a mock war... foot soldiers and tanks to see how well they would do and how they'd hold up under the circumstances. Pretty crazy stuff.
Wish I could remember the name of it (Red something ?) but it definitely left an impression on me.

That sounds like an interesting documentary. Hope you remember the name of it so i can check it out

In the Mike Tyson documentary, when he talks about his late coach - that the coach was the first person to make Mike believe in himself, that he was worth something - and Tyson breaks down in tears.

or the part when he said “yeah I’ve abused women, yeah I’ve taken advantage of women... but not that one”. I always thought perhaps should have left that part out

Back