Moicano Coach Speaks on KO Loss

Seems like alot of Brazilian fighters like to act like they don't lose. They even admitted he was being predictable. KZ had to read that which won him the fight. It's like saying you didn't lose because you for got to block a head kick that KO'd you.

We keep hearing from their top fighters how they have the best camp of their lives and how many new skills they learned and how sad they were that they couldn't show it. All of them get out classed or starched. Maybe part of the problem is they, the coaches, ingrain the same things into the same fighters and they become predictable. Once an opposing camp has worked out a game plan that works vs any single high level fighter it's over before the ink is dry on the bout contract.

I'm not going to pretend that a shit fighter can do this to them. You need someone athletic and very coachable not to mention the right coaches. But this is now becoming a norm.

It's not often you get to see a full minute or more of these guys training a top athlete but here you go. All taken from JJ's IG. Since this guy threw Moicano under the bus it's only fair a bit of their coaching is shown. Obviously it doesn't give you the full picture but it's what we got.

Dyah Ali Davis (Boxing coach)

Gabriel de Oliveira (Boxing coach)

Katel Kubis (Striking coach)

Anderson França (Striking Coach)

Moicano would have won if an actual fight took place.

Well its true there was no fight in terms of a back and forth contest. Anyone can get caught, and sometimes it happens early, other times it happens in the last second of the fight (KZ vs Yair).

Nobody really knows which punch is gonna end the fight, you even saw Zombie continue to throw a combination as Moicano was going down so he didnt even expect to finish it that quick.

He got caught.

Good job by Zombie. That was an amazing punch.

But if they ever fight again nobody is going to bet in KZ via KO in 45 seconds or anything like that.

It should be declared No Contest then.

KZ came back to Korea. During the interview, he said that he might soon go to the US and prepare for the next match. According to KZ, this match could be a title shot or a contender-decision one. Let's wait and see.

They wasted him a bit too soon but yeah KZ needs this more.

Moicano is still young and can still get his shot eventually.

Moicano has all the talent in the world, hes super young and trains at ATT = he'll be fine. He needs to take some time, regroup and come back stronger.

He got caught. Nothing more to say really.

Moicano needs some time off and a weaker striker for his return. He's young and super-talented, but he just suffered two consecutive tko losses. If there was ever a time to get a little particular about his next matchup, it's now. Elkins/Hall winner could be good.

"Few weeks ago I hurt my back"

i

I think he meant "no fight" as in it was so short not as an excuse

I was being patronising. He was making an excuse for a terrible performance. It's like a coach saying he didn't see a blatant foul in a football match that lost his team a game....

The easiest way to do that. is to deny the fight or it's relevance to your fighter.... So, he says it wasn't enough of a fight to determine where his fighter failed....

Back