Mods: why is the forum rule regarding PED accusations being ignored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, dude, you're a straight up rat. That's probably the worst personality trait a human being can have. I thought despising rats was universal--or is it cool to rat in Denmark? Dat communism...

the whole anit-snitching anti-rat POV is ridiculous. Amazingly, the movement is strongest in the worst neighborhoods.

Good man TS

Name and shame these vile people

So you started a thread to snitch on posters... and not only that but to publicly complain about why the rules aren't being enforced on an MMA forum?

Dv3pEJH.gif

the whole anit-snitching anti-rat POV is ridiculous. Amazingly, the movement is strongest in the worst neighborhoods.

That's an unsubstantiated myth. And even if it were true, so what? Bad neighborhoods = low income neighborhoods. Low income = salt of the earth types. It's not surprising they would have stronger, more conservative morals.

Gotta use that report button.

I did for a couple of days, about 2 months ago. Now I'm still seeing post after post claiming that Aldo, Pederneiras, CABMMA and members of the Brazilian police are working together to evade a test.

This forum is out of control. Clearly, something extra is needed: maybe less tolerance for roundabout wording + a sticky thread explaining that this botched collection and other incidents like it are not justification for making blatant accusations.

Cutting a man's tongue out doesn't prove him a liar, it just proves you fear what he has to say - Tyrion Lannister

The rules are selectively and arbitrarily enforced.

I have seen multiple threads full of people calling Jon Jones the worst names you could imagine, along with unsubstantiated PED accusations and those are left untouched.

The "fighter bashing" rules haven't really been in effect for quite some time.

Then I recall once I posted an on-topic thread that was on a unique subject, popular, and wasn't breaking any of the rules. It got mysteriously moved to the wasteland. I asked the mods to explain why they did it, and they cited a rule that didn't exist. I pointed this out and the mod responded with a personal insult. *sigh*

tl;dr: There's little rhyme or reason to the moderation process.

That's an unsubstantiated myth. And even if it were true, so what? Bad neighborhoods = low income neighborhoods. Low income = salt of the earth types. It's not surprising they would have stronger, more conservative morals.

Rex maybe horribly wrong on a lot of things but hes right on this one. Ratting is not cool.

War Aldo.

Estimates of PED use in the UFC are as high as 90%, so saying a fighter uses PEDs is more likely to be true that false, hence it's not really fighter bashing.

All but the last post you quoted are NOT accusations of steroids. They are accusations that Aldo and his camp ducked the random element of his drug test.

LOL are you joking? How is accusing a fighter and his team of evading a test not 100% implying that he is using? This is exactly the type of shit that shouldn't be tolerated if the rules are to mean anything.

I have seen multiple threads full of people calling Jon Jones the worst names you could imagine, along with unsubstantiated PED accusations and those are left untouched.

Then I recall once I posted an on-topic thread that was on a unique subject, popular, and wasn't breaking any of the rules. It got mysteriously moved to the wasteland. I asked the mods to explain why they did it, and they cited a rule that didn't exist. I pointed this out and the mod responded with a personal insult. *sigh*

Sounds like you made a BJ thread PB didn't take a liking to.

To accuse aldo of PED use when there is no evidence of that is one thing.

to speculate what happened on a controversial few days of testing is another and not unfounded.

but yes, anyone who directly accuses aldo of ped use is breaking the rules.

It could also be because they are doing things they shouldn't be. If you are not doing anything wrong then you should have no feeling either way toward people who snitch. The only reason to hate snitches is if you are scared of being snitched on in which case you are most likely doing something wrong.

It really depends on what someone snitches on as well. Just labeling a snitch as the worst personality trait a human being can have is pretty dumb because it really depends on the situation. If a child got molested and they snitched on the person who did it does that mean they have the worst personality trait of a human being? You should re-think these things a little bit more.

LOL are you joking? How is accusing a fighter and his team of evading a test not 100% implying that he is using? This is exactly the type of shit that shouldn't be tolerated if the rules are to mean anything.

Saying "he evaded a test" is not the same thing as saying "he's a steroid cheater". Maybe it was implied but that really doesn't matter. Use your brain.

tumblr_lre0qd3gBW1qc7peo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back