Mod's Delete Me

Southland

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Link is not working now. How do I delete thread?

Last edited:
awkward4_zpswzghwxia.gif

There is a Kung fu and ninjutsu expert who goes by the handle wiz cool C. He's unable to post here anymore but he's all over the internet sharing his wisdom and skills. Google him and ask him to critique your article.

There is a Kung fu and ninjutsu expert who goes by the handle wiz cool C. He's unable to post here anymore but he's all over the internet sharing his wisdom and skills. Google him and ask him to critique your article.

I'm assuming he's the stereotypical guy and perhaps even in a humorous/ridiculous manner. I heard Joe Rogan talking about some outspoken Kung Fu practitioners in NYC where it supposedly boasts a thriving community of vocal supporters who "would do such and such" (insert your favorite impractical TMA move) if anyone tried that "MMA stuff".

I'm assuming he's the stereotypical guy and perhaps even in a humorous/ridiculous manner. I heard Joe Rogan talking about some outspoken Kung Fu practitioners in NYC where it supposedly boasts a thriving community of vocal supporters who "would do such and such" (insert your favorite impractical TMA move) if anyone tried that "MMA stuff".

He lives in china, thinks he's an MC and graffiti artist, and prefers weaponized umbrellas and ninjitsu over BJJ for women's self defense. He's anything but typical. I expect a full report on his dissertation.

I find it sad that this kind of article even needs to be written. I've encountered a couple of these types during my MMA training, they always suck. Even worse are the ones who have embraced MMA. So they teach all the same garbage, but with a few superman punches, spinning backfists and shitty double legs thrown in.

I know two guys from BJJ (good friends with each other), one started in wrestling and the other told me he started in kickboxing years ago then went into MMA. So the wrestler asked me to help him out learning some standup and I've been working with him like once or twice a week for maybe 3 months. He ended up sparring his friend (who I was told had years of legitimate experience) for fun...and beat the shit out of him. As soon as they started I realized the "experienced" guy had been training at a kickboxing gym that was really some sort of half assed karate place, then an MMA gym that was the same but added some tapout bro moves and tons of burpees to fake a more hardcore atmosphere. This guy trying to spar looked like somebody spamming special moves in a UFC video game. I shit you not, he tried a fake TD to spinning elbow in like the first 5 seconds of the round.

The wrestler I'd been working with casually absolutely destroyed the guy. He snapped his head back with several jabs and nearly dropped with him a couple, actually dropped him with a body shot, kicked his legs halfway out from under him, and landed a left hook that almost put him out. He said to me after "man I really tried not to hit him so hard with that left hook. I held back as much as I could".

Another one is a guy who was really getting on my nerves. He was bragging about winning a BJJ tournament. Which sounds fine, but I found out he only had to win 1 match for it. Plus he wrestled all of high school and had been doing BJJ/"MMA" for I think 5 years, but entered the beginner division. He would also always try to roll with newer guys, and asked guys with less experience to spar after class a lot. They usually declined, but when he sparred one of them he did the same kind of stupid spinning shit and flashy moves. It worked because the guy he was in against wouldn't fight back, so after I said I was down to spar too.

I've never had a more annoying and simultaneously one sided sparring session in my life. Every time I even flinched he leaned back and either ran away or tried to throw a left kick. That was it. It was on an open mat so if I pressured him he would just run off the matted area and I had to step back to let him on. If I hit him, he would drop and try to shoot. So I'd stuff him, smack him a couple times, walk away, chase him off the mat, hit him, catch his left kick, hit him, stuff him, over and over and over. By the end I got sick of it and kicked him in the leg probably 7 or 8 times in a row until he fell down...and tried to shoot haha. These TMA types are lying to people, telling them they're learning MMA and leaving them hopelessly unprepared for it. That shit makes me so mad. It's fraudulent, and it's gonna get people hurt. Not just when they spar people who actually know what they're doing, but also when they spar beginners and hit them with dangerous techniques. Like these guys will throw head kicks, knees and elbows before they learn how to throw a damn jab. At least the "deadly" TMA guys don't put anyone in danger in sparring.

The worst part? The fucks think it's fine to spar hard in goddamn MMA gloves.

Thats a funny story A guy. I reminds me of a gym I went to a few times about 7years ago. I was shocked at what I saw. Literally everyone was doing superman punches, flying knees, spinning kicks, etc. Yet none of them could even throw a combo without telegraphing it and using horrible mechanics. Now of course if you got hit with a fancy move like that, it would do the trick. But those are not fundamental, and really need to be very well set up and lower% moves

Another one is a guy who was really getting on my nerves. He was bragging about winning a BJJ tournament. Which sounds fine, but I found out he only had to win 1 match for it. Plus he wrestled all of high school and had been doing BJJ/"MMA" for I think 5 years, but entered the beginner division. He would also always try to roll with newer guys, and asked guys with less experience to spar after class a lot. They usually declined, but when he sparred one of them he did the same kind of stupid spinning shit and flashy moves. It worked because the guy he was in against wouldn't fight back, so after I said I was down to spar too.

I've never had a more annoying and simultaneously one sided sparring session in my life. Every time I even flinched he leaned back and either ran away or tried to throw a left kick. That was it. It was on an open mat so if I pressured him he would just run off the matted area and I had to step back to let him on. If I hit him, he would drop and try to shoot. So I'd stuff him, smack him a couple times, walk away, chase him off the mat, hit him, catch his left kick, hit him, stuff him, over and over and over. By the end I got sick of it and kicked him in the leg probably 7 or 8 times in a row until he fell down...and tried to shoot haha. These TMA types are lying to people, telling them they're learning MMA and leaving them hopelessly unprepared for it. That shit makes me so mad. It's fraudulent, and it's gonna get people hurt. Not just when they spar people who actually know what they're doing, but also when they spar beginners and hit them with dangerous techniques. Like these guys will throw head kicks, knees and elbows before they learn how to throw a damn jab. At least the "deadly" TMA guys don't put anyone in danger in sparring.

The worst part? The fucks think it's fine to spar hard in goddamn MMA gloves.

Sounds like me?!

You inspired me to YouTube Wizzy again. So he has some "Muay Thai" videos on that pretty much sum him up. He's edited them to only show HIS strikes landing, every time his oppo steps in it cuts, then shows another of his strikes! Grade A ocean going wonder tool!

TS is a bit too late for the party, picking apart TMA for being fake, not up to date, not effective, etc was fashionable a few years ago. Nobody cares about them anymore.

Still, im gonna post bits of an interesting interview with traditional martial artist Zhao Daoxin so you know youre not alone and thus sleep tight at night.. The interview was made 30 years ago, in the 80

You inspired me to YouTube Wizzy again. So he has some "Muay Thai" videos on that pretty much sum him up. He's edited them to only show HIS strikes landing, every time his oppo steps in it cuts, then shows another of his strikes! Grade A ocean going wonder tool!

Is there a word for when you feel a puzzled sorrow for someone? That's how he makes me feel.

Back