Mod Edit: Click X in the top right corner to get rid of 'Join us live HERE for UFC on FOX prelim...'

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
'...prelim play by play discussion.'

Thank you for the update for the discussion threads for live events. Now is there a way to shut it off for those that have seen it... and seen it.... and seen it again.... and sawnt it....

Jist saying, it's really annoying, and a very bad idea.

And who is on Sherdog and DOESN'T know when the live events are, where the discussion threads for them are, and is someone under the impression they're not getting enough traffic?

And, for clarification, I'm on mobile, and when typing a post, that stupid notification takes up about a fifth of my screen that isn't the keyboard. So yeah, its annoying.

Agreed. How can the person programming this stuff possibly see it and think 'oh, this isn't annoying at all'

Seriously, turn this shit the fuck off. I've been coming on these forums for 12 years on just this account and this is beyond annoying. Maybe have it pop up once or something, but please not the entire time I am supposed to be on here.

You should be able to dismiss it. X in the top right corner.

Please give me an option to turn this thing off. I know there's a play by play. I've been coming to here for years. Please for the love of God. I went plat to get rid of these annoying pop ups and now you make these pop ups mandatory.

Please give me an option to turn this thing off. I know there's a play by play. I've been coming to here for years. Please for the love of God. I went plat to get rid of these annoying pop ups and now you make these pop ups mandatory.
Burn, oy

Click the top right corner anyways. Went away for me when I did it.

Well well well, that did it.

An invisible X, very sneaky Sherdog.

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

You should be able to dismiss it. X in the top right corner.

That's great and all bud, but having to click that 'x' every time you change pages is annoying (I'm not bitching at you for this, I know its not your fault -just saying)

What happened to good ole tried and true stickying a thread for stuff like this?

That's great and all bud, but having to click that 'x' every time you change pages is annoying (I'm not bitching at you for this, I know its not your fault -just saying)

What happened to good ole tried and true stickying a thread for stuff like this?
It keeps popping up for you? Mine's gone for good.

We're just adding reminders & trying out new things.

It keeps popping up for you? Mine's gone for good.

We're just adding reminders & trying out new things.

Yeah, mine pops up every time I go somewhere else on the forum.

I get trying new things and all, but don't fix what isn't broke imo. Sticky's are universal on every forum on the web for a reason -they work and they don't get in the way.

Pop up notices/banners are something that adds and redirects behave like that literally everyone gets annoyed by, why create a forum notice that behaves that same way? Only time I think it's a great idea is to alert posters about site maintenance. My 2 cents anyways.

I will set it to not display on smaller screens next time, also use the app, it is a way better experience

I like it

makes me feel special, like someone wants me to join in on a discussion

Back