Mobb Deep VS Cypress Hill

These two albums cancel each other out in my opinion. Both outstanding albums.

2515880.jpg
51tAFqHO4EL._SY300_.jpg

And these two albums cancel each other out:

8e7bc4b3fcf6d8ac7301a6fde797ec7b.300x300x1.jpg
415WNHNX06L._SX300_.jpg

Although I think production wise, Temple of Boom is a better album. Again its an opinion, however to say Hill doesn't come close to Mobb in album quality is crazy.

I'm not shitting on Cypress. They're one of my favorite groups from back in the day. They just don't touch Mobb Deep. The Infamous is considered one of the best hip hop albums of all time. I admit to a bias for lyricism, and lyrically they're not close.

Do you have a west coast bias?

CH probably sold more records. That's the extent of any claim to superiority. It's a lyrical mismatch, and Havoc's beats were the shit.

They really were. So many great beats.

The Scarface samples were awesome:

You never give west coast acts their due. But as far as the East is concerned, Queens and Brooklyn, even Staten shit all over the Bronx.

I wasn't trying troll or derail your thread - I was just answering your question with my opinion. As we all know The Bronx is where Hip Hop was created - that can never be taken away or diminished no matter how long ago it was. When the boroughs clashed The Bronx came out as the winner in the Bridge Wars but that's neither here nor there. I agree better rappers have come from the other boroughs but that has never been an issue for me as I was born in Manhattan the heart of NYC and I represent for the whole NYC. Like Pun said "Where the Bronx? I'm flippin'/ Five boroughs thoroughly reppin'/ Lets unite the city and step to the world as a weapon". I didn't mean to offend you with my opinion but it's how I really feel.
Mobb Depp is wayyy better than Cypress Hill and I literally LOLd at the comparison. I see Mobb is running away with this one but I'm suprised to see a lot of people choosing Cypress. In my opinion Cypress has a couple classic songs while Mobb has a few Classic Albums... but again that's just my opinion. I won't try to force it on anyone. I'll admit I stopped listening to Cypress after their second album because I was so disappointed with it. I'll add that I really liked the 1st Cypress Hill album back when it came out and I use to rock this CH t-shirt:

oldskoolzone_56501348421357.JPG

I wasn't trying troll or derail your thread - I was just answering your question with my opinion. As we all know The Bronx is where Hip Hop was created - that can never be taken away or diminished no matter how long ago it was. When the boroughs clashed The Bronx came out as the winner in the Bridge Wars but that's neither here nor there. I agree better rappers have come from the other boroughs but that has never been an issue for me as I was born in Manhattan the heart of NYC and I represent for the whole NYC. Like Pun said "Where the Bronx? I'm flippin'/ Five boroughs thoroughly reppin'/ Lets unite the city and step to the world as a weapon". I didn't mean to offend you with my opinion but it's how I really feel.
Mobb Depp is wayyy better than Cypress Hill and I literally LOLd at the comparison. I see Mobb is running away with this one but I'm suprised to see a lot of people choosing Cypress. In my opinion Cypress has a couple classic songs while Mobb has a few Classic Albums... but again that's just my opinion. I won't try to force it on anyone. I'll admit I stopped listening to Cypress after their second album because I was so disappointed with it. I'll add that I really liked the 1st Cypress Hill album back when it came out and I use to rock this CH t-shirt:

oldskoolzone_56501348421357.JPG

Man the boroughs all came together in one track. Peace.

Not lame uncensored version.

i have a deeper appreciation for cypress hill to be frank.

kickin that funky cypress hill shit
take a lot of mental for the blunted to chill with,
cuz I'm the chill one, known to get ill one
they stepped to the hill "what's up?", I had to kill one
now I'm headed up the river with a boat and no paddle
and they got me on lock down
headed up the river with a boat and no paddle
And they got me on lock downh
hit me like a n**** who done lost his mind
cause I ain't goin out like a spineless jellyfish
some say life is a bitch
ask that punk