Mobb Deep VS Cypress Hill

Choosing mobb because ive been bumping "right back at you" these past few days

Damn...

Close but the edge for me goes to Cypress, it's very close tho.

They both have there own edge in different categories but edge goes to Cypress

Cypress Hill by far for me.

Nah, Mobb deep went harder with their diss son. One of P's best verses:

[YT]Dw8exyg3qWw[/YT]

Yep Mobb Deep just wasn't as popular but they came at 2pac hard. I was impressed. Hell on Earth is my favorite album they have. It doesn't have their best songs on it but overall the album is just great.

It's Mobb for me, but I always loved Cypress Hill.

"The lights are blinking, I'm thinking, it's all over when I go out drinking."

This Havoc produced track is crazy:

But Mobb Deep's Prodigy dropping knowledge bombs on the "Illuminati" won points back for deep.

"I'm being watched by snake eyes, peep them shed skin plenty times."

I love Cypress Hill. I know Mobb Deep has good lyrics but I never really listened to them. I can't comment on them.

Cypress Hill has "simple" lyrics that say a lot. Like, "how do you know where I'm at, when you haven't been where I've been?" "Here is something you can't understand."

Their red album is like the best rap album ever imo.

And it's all about breakin' off sausage,
Do ya feel sorry for the poor little swine ?
*****s wanna do him in the ass,
Just to pay his ass back, so they're standin' in line.

That fuckin' pig.

Another vote for Cypress Hill. Just an all-round superb hip hop act, they rarely release a duff record, are responsible for one of the greatest stoner masterpieces of all time (Black Sunday), and were superb when I saw them in 2009.

Mob Deep is a good comparison, IMO, but I think Cypress probably have them for consistency of material.

Both good but Cypress Hill takes it easily for me. Black Sunday, while not their best work, was an anthem for my post high school time. By the way, as classic as The Chronic is, the Hill gets full credit for the start of the pothead era.

I know at least three Cypress Hill songs, so them by default.:)

Cypress Hills first CD is legit one of the best CDs of all time
I liked that song Mac 10 Music from Mobb Deep but thats it

Didn't one of them have sickle cell or something? He better back the fuck up before he gets smacked the fuck up

I love Cypress Hill. I know Mobb Deep has good lyrics but I never really listened to them. I can't comment on them.

Cypress Hill has "simple" lyrics that say a lot. Like, "how do you know where I'm at, when you haven't been where I've been?" "Here is something you can't understand."

Their red album is like the best rap album ever imo.

And it's all about breakin' off sausage,
Do ya feel sorry for the poor little swine ?
*****s wanna do him in the ass,
Just to pay his ass back, so they're standin' in line.

That fuckin' pig.

Yeah I like the first album the best too. It's in my top 3 albums of all time.

"But he dips to the store home boy needs a forty
White boy at the counter's thinking OH LAWDY LAWDY!"

Do you have stats to back that up? I'm pretty sure the Hill sold more records because of their Latin America market.

I guess I should have put an "imo" at the end of that post. I believe that MD at their peak was at a different level than CH ever was, hence my vote. I feel like in this situation, that's the way to look at it

Which is the better rap group and why? Tough choice, but I feel Cypress has been more consistent over time, while the Mobb kinda fell off after Murda Musik. Although P is in my top 3 favorite MCS of all time.

41L1bDSFBrL._SL290_.jpg
huge_avatar

An example of their best work:

Both P and Hav killed this:

[YT]lMl_1DEX9GA[/YT]

As far as the Hill, there are too many to name. 2 of my favorites

[YT]n3SgxK1qLtg[/YT]

[YT]vx9N--pE27Q[/YT]

Discuss

I won't lie, as much as I love Mobb Deep, I always enjoyed Cypress Hill more.

Mobb Deep

LOL @ Cypress Hill

Back