1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Mob Boss Reviews Mafia Movie Scenes

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Ogata, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Ogata Gold Belt

A bit of a clickbait on Buzzfeed. Technically speaking, Michael Franzese was a capo in the Colombo crime family.

Never the less, in the video below he is reviewing various mob scenes and rating them. Funny enough, the Simpsons scene was more realistic than one of the godfathers scene in terms of how a mobster would act in a situation.

2. hohner Titanium Belt

That's just like his opinion man

3. Ogata Gold Belt

4. TidWell Banned Banned

His family has great genetics, Micheal is in his 70s yet looks and sounds younger, and looks better than some 35 year olds wtf?

5. PlayswellwithLawnDarts Banned Banned

6. JOE QUEEF Red Belt Platinum Member

How the fuck is this scumbag or his father, the scumbag, very important to whom or what?

<DisgustingHHH>

7. Cole train Gold Belt

For fucks sake

And i thought my nationality thread was dumb

8. R.I.P. KMS Red Belt

That’s pretty sweet

9. Ogata Gold Belt

True, Michael talks like he is a man in his mid to late 30s. Very articulate and sharp while folks his age tend to be slowed down and somewhat senile. True in regards to genetics. Him and his father have the type of cells/DNA that doesn't fall apart easily.

For sure its genetics because they have not lived a healthy lifestyle.

Show a bit of respect bro!

He turned his life around and talks about how the mob operates. He educated the public on why folks became mafioso. You have to understand that back in the day, Italians had a hard time finding jobs. Some places that were hiring would write " no Italians" and that's a shitty thing to do dude.

Hence these guys got together and they either make it as criminals or they would up in prison. Back then, there was no homeless shelters or welfare meals. You end up on the street then you are good as dead.

That's why todays kids wont fare well in the mob life. They have too much option, less discrimination when it comes to finding work and if they end up on the street, they can just loiter in public places and have shelters. No need to join the mob since back then it meant your literal survival.

It was different times back then and that's why lots of mafiosos don't want their kids in the business. It was not their dream job. Made men don't make that good of a money and they could still get wacked like their nothing if they get accused of shit they didn't do or if the higher ups simply don't like them. If it was glorious its only because the alternative for them is being a homeless guy with nowhere to get food. Hence Al Capone was a hero because he would have soup kitchens and fed the poor.

I am not aware of that thread. What was it?

10. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

Oh' this guy. One of the guys who escaped any kind of real punishment, and lives it up to this day with all the money he made.

If he's the same guy I'm remembering, I saw a doc on him, where he was going on about making like ten million a month on some gas racket. Never got into much trouble, and just slipped through the cracks of justice and mob justice. What a life.

11. R.I.P. KMS Red Belt

<mma4>

12. JOE QUEEF Red Belt Platinum Member

I didn’t read after the first paragraph. Vai a fanculo.

13. Ogata Gold Belt

You got no class!

14. yekmurat Gold Belt

This guy is 70???wow just wow

15. Ogata Gold Belt

His dad is 102 years old and yet its only just recently that he needed cane to walk around.

16. TheNinja Gold Belt

I always wonder 2 things when these guys talk

1. How are they not in jail for life?
    2. How do they get away with talking like that and not get taken out? Can you just leave the mob and then start chatting to reporters?

Oh and about the Soprano thing I always wondered that. I mean there is Doctor/Patient confidentiality but that only goes so far. Tony was initially scared of being found out

17. Magooglie Steel Belt

1. The guy has said he's out of the life, which may be true, and so the government doesn't feel the need to investigate him any further.
    2. He hasn't said anything that implicates anyone. He went to jail and didn't snitch on anyone.

18. JOE QUEEF Red Belt Platinum Member

Okay, Fredo...

[​IMG]

19. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

More like the only guy. Any others who escaped the mob went into witness protection. He just left. He has spent lots of time in prison.

20. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

In mob terms, he didn't spend much time in prison. He's pretty much living it up, having led a life of crime. I don't want to give off any sense of respect for his character, but you can't help but be impressed. Dude is on Youtube, with no fucks given. He did his thing, made his money, and got out relatively unscathed. Hard not to appreciate how he made life his bitch.