mmawarehouse stops international shipping

Departed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Er...I've tried to make this thread 3 times now. Apologies if it reposts!

MMAWarehouse.com
June 16th, 2008

We'd like to inform you of some important changes made to our international shipping options.

International Shipping
Already this year we've experienced a tremendous amount of growth in shipping volume. In order to continue providing excellent service to all of our customers, we have selected to use UPS as our exclusive, international shipping provider.

The good news is that this change will allow us to provide tracking and discounted door-to-door shipping costs (including brokerage and GST) to our Canadian customers. Unfortunately as a result, we will no longer be able to ship to other countries as UPS does not currently offer what we feel is a cost effective way of doing so.

Please understand that this decision was neither quick, nor easy, and we would like to thank our customers all over the world for your understanding and most importantly, your business. If it's of any assistance, we can recommend a trusted mail forwarding provider with a U.S. address to those who are interested. Hopefully, someday we can arrive at a solution that will allow us to ship overseas once again.
Sincerely,

Mika Casey
Chief Executive Officer
MMAWarehouse.com

The good news is that this change will allow us to provide tracking and discounted door-to-door shipping costs (including brokerage and GST) to our Canadian customers.

Thank the matrix.

thts BS ---UPS suck so much

MMAwarehouse had such a great colection of gear--shame you just lost my business

That's pretty bad... Luckily I haven't used them much, but it really does suck as some of us have rather limited access to equipment.

International shipping can be VERY expensive when using courier companies such as UPS, so I totally undertstand Mika's decision on the issue. For low dollar purchases (less than $100) the shipping costs can exceed the actual cost of the merchandise. As Mika had mentioned, these types of decisions are never easy to make, but I'm sure that the decision only serve to make MMAWarehouse.com more efficiant to the domestic market.

To all of our international friends, no worries... there are still quite a few online vendors available who can provide you with honest and reliable service at fair prices. We here at RDFC welcome your business and if we don't have what you are looking for, we would be happy to put you in touch with several other reliable sources who can.

Take care all,
Chris - Red Dragon Fight Company

lol crappy UPS/fedex intl shipping make the cost so expensive

+ when u use them you always get duty tax VAT on top of that

International shipping can be VERY expensive when using courier companies such as UPS, so I totally undertstand Mika's decision on the issue. For low dollar purchases (less than $100) the shipping costs can exceed the actual cost of the merchandise. As Mika had mentioned, these types of decisions are never easy to make, but I'm sure that the decision only serve to make MMAWarehouse.com more efficiant to the domestic market.

To all of our international friends, no worries... there are still quite a few online vendors available who can provide you with honest and reliable service at fair prices. We here at RDFC welcome your business and if we don't have what you are looking for, we would be happy to put you in touch with several other reliable sources who can.

Take care all,

Nice plug :D What I don't understand is why they can't use UPS for domestic and priority international shipping for international?

Take care all,

Listen to this man, RDFC is easily one of the top online MMAstores out there.
The service is top notch.

Nice plug :D What I don't understand is why they can't use UPS for domestic and priority international shipping for international?

Not sure... I would only be guessing, but maybe it is to simply the shipping process and automate the process as much as possible. It is entirely possible that their cart system is linked to UPS to automatically print shipping labels. I don't think that this is possible for USPS. Like I said, I would just be speculating. I can tell you first hand that the process of manually keying orders is very time consuming. Especially with the larger numbers that MMAWarehouse must be pushing out.

Of course a lot of our customers are not happy about this change and we were not happy to make it. Unfortunately, the USPS while less expensive, takes significantly longer not only for us to process, but also offers no tracking and can take up to a month to deliver. That results in a lot of time and frustration for not only ourselves but also our customers. Normally, we would be willing to deal with that, but our orders have significantly increased in just the past month, more rapidly than we could usually forecast and in the interim we had to look for ways to streamline our fulfillment.

In forming an agreement with UPS, we were able to secure what we feel is an excellent solution for all of our Canadian customers (tracking is now available and GST and brokerage fees are prepaid and discounted). Unfortunately, UPS overseas rates are too high to be charging, even with negotiated discounts. At this time, it was not possible to handle the volume of orders we do and ship with both carriers. We want to offer nothing less than the best of service to our customers and we were not willing to sacrifice that for more sales.

We value all of our customers and we will actively pursue reopening to other countries as soon as it is feasible to do so.

class act mmawarehouse... handled as best as a gear distributor could've handled it.

well played sir.

Doesn't bother me at all.

But that's because they never offered shipping to my country to begin with. Now you know how I feel, lol.

At this time, it was not possible to handle the volume of orders we do and ship with both carriers. We want to offer nothing less than the best of service to our customers and we were not willing to sacrifice that for more sales.

We value all of our customers and we will actively pursue reopening to other countries as soon as it is feasible to do so.

As much as it pisses me off not being able to get stuff so readily from the US, I think you have to be applauded for your stance on service vs quantity.

I've been getting a ton of business from Latvia and Lithuania. I'm not sure why, but I'll take it. I'm still happy to ship overseas too.

lol crappy UPS/fedex intl shipping make the cost so expensive

+ when u use them you always get duty tax VAT on top of that

I totally agree with this. Everytime UPS have dropped a parcel off at my door, they have kindly asked me for import duty too (on top of the massive shipping cost)!

Back