MMA's Welterweights: UFC vs "The Others"

I'll breakdown each matchup.

Askren vs Hendricks: This is the ultimate toss up for me. 1st round Hendricks could knock Askren out, but I'd actually give the wrestling advantage to Funky. It's a tough sell I know but Askren's credentials are even better than Johny's. Still due to experience I give the edge to Hendricks. UFC up 1-0.

Shields vs Lawler: Again I'm gonna get slack for it, but Shields beats Lawler 8 out of 10 times. This is just a bad match up for Robbie. Shields is a grinder & has a great chin. Not to mention he's already beaten Robbie.. I think this ties it 1-1.

Lima vs Lombard: Both of these guys have BIG time power in their striking.. Lima could carry out the Boetsch blueprint 10X better than Tim did & soundly outstrike Hector, unfortunately I think Lombard learned his lesson.. Lombard wins 70% of the time. UFC up 2-1.

Palhares vs Woodley: Again this one is tough to call. Palhares mental game is a liability but I'm not sure Tyron is the best mentally either.. Paul may pull off the sub once out of ten, but for the most part he folds after Woodley lands a power shot. UFC up 3-1.

Koreshkov vs MacDonald: I personally think Koreshkov is underrated as hell. I think this would be an amazing fight.. Rory uses his takedowns & wins or freezes mentally & loses. I say most of the time, he wins. 4-1 UFC.

Burkman vs Brown: Yes I may underestimate Matt Brown, but I think Burkman wins this. He's looked pretty good lately & I think he could submit Brown. IMO it is now 4-2 UFC.

Fitch vs Condit: Carlos Condit is my favorite fighter. I love his style, he has a great personality, & he's insanely fun to watch.. That said, he's one of the only top 10's I see Fitch beating. He struggles with TDD & as good as his subs are, he can't submit Jon. UFC up 4-3.

Hawn vs Kim: I'd love to see how this goes if these two clinch up. Would not happen. Grappling cancels out & Kim dominates standing. 5-3 UFC.

Carl vs Ellenberger: I don't in no way, no how feel Jake is as good as was advertised in the past. Carl is also a very good, not very known fighter. Still, I have to give the edge to Ellenberger just because I've seen him beat better guys than Carl has beaten. UFC up 6-3.

McDonough vs Saffeidine: If MMA was an investment, I would have A LOT of stock in McDonough. Insanely talented. Unfortunately I matched him with another guy I feel is a future elite. Saffeidine wins.... Right now anyways.. 7-3 UFC final.

I could see 5-5 being possible. 10-0 for the UFC is also possible.. But outside the UFC talent is still thick. At WW at least.

Back