MMA's K.O. "of the Year"

quikkick

Technical Brilliance, Prowess, and Analysis
@Orange
Reaction score
Cory Tait | Chicago's MMA

This vid is all abuzz over the web. Inverted front kick K.O. A technique utilized in Moo Duk Kwan and Tang Soo Do/ Soo Bahk Do systems.
CHECK IT OUT!!!

Need a way better look at it, it looks like the WWE in that gif. Looks like he doesn't make contact.

Very nice.
Looks like it pops him straight on the chin - and straight
to sleep. I like the trajectory the kick takes, would be
difficult to read the kick and block or evade if you weren't
aware of it.

Cory Tait | Chicago's MMA

This vid is all abuzz over the web. Inverted front kick K.O. A technique utilized in Moo Duk Kwan and Tang Soo Do/ Soo Bahk Do systems.
CHECK IT OUT!!!

I used to train in Soo Bahk Do.
It's called the inside to out roundhouse kick.
its got a much shorter korean name but i've forgotten it.

Very difficult kick to master

That was nice, we utilise that technique in my own four spirits yingyang fist system of tengaikijutsu it is very effective as the video showed

We used to call that the reverse roundhouse in this TMA I used to do when I was a kid.

Where you bring the chambered leg up across the body then kick hitting with the instep of the foot. Never thought it had much use outside of point sparring personally, guess I was wrong.

We used to call that the reverse roundhouse in this TMA I used to do when I was a kid.

Where you bring the chambered leg up across the body then kick hitting with the instep of the foot. Never thought it had much use outside of point sparring personally, guess I was wrong.

no, sorry it is actually an outside crescent kick

no, sorry it is actually an outside crescent kick

Well not in the TMA I did. In Kuk Sool Won the outside cresent kick doesn't involve chambering the kick like the guy in the video did.

Different names for the same thing. To be honest it's a pretty ineffective kick. God knows how this guy actually managed to ko this guy with it.

what tma did you do? this kick is an outside cresent kick. if someone threw a roundhouse kick would you call it a hookm punch? the name matches the method, end of

I told you what TMA I did in my post. Don't be so arrogant. There are different names for the same thing. This is what I was taught is an outside crecent kick.

YouTube - Outside Crescent kick

And I guess this is what you were taught is one:

YouTube - Outside Crescent Kick

The one you refer to as an outside crecent kick isnt what was used in the original GIF because the fighter chambered the kick then brought it back after rather than sweeping it across his body back into his stance.

Also in the reverse roundhouse kick after striking the center line the kick returns to the chambered position. So it's not even the same kick we're talking about.

Also in the reverse roundhouse kick after striking the center line the kick returns to the chambered position. So it's not even the same kick we're talking about.

you're spot on. I learnt the exact same kick, just called it a different name.

but we learnt to kick with the ball of the foot

thats not a crescent kick its an inverted kick
inverted kick

YouTube - Inverted Roundhouse Kick by Fariborz Azhakh

this is a cresent kick
YouTube - Taekwondo Outside to Inside Crescent Kick Tutorial (Kwonkicker)

the striking areas are different in both kicks and the cresecent kick has a circular swing to it while the inverted kick is brought up in a chamber then turned over so the top of the foot is used to strike.

do any of you have any better to back upo your argument than hear say?

just curious :rolleyes:

do any of you have any better to back upo your argument than hear say?

just curious :rolleyes:

um.... the vids kind of were the thing that backed up my post brah.

i think years of TKd under my belt helps too.:icon_chee

um.... the vids kind of were the thing that backed up my post brah.

i think years of TKd under my belt helps too.:icon_chee

i didnt watched them. so you feel that an unnamed number of years of a korean sport 'martial art' makes you the best kicking guru in the world. at least thats what the smile you put says to me

i didnt watched them. so you feel that an unnamed number of years of a korean sport 'martial art' makes you the best kicking guru in the world. at least thats what the smile you put says to me

If you didn't watch them then why bother even quoting my post? I'm not one for measuring contests so put it away before you start in bub.

While your ability to decipher the deep meanings of internet smilies is impressive my posting that emote was for nothing other than to add a light hearted end to my post.

I suggest alot of you learn to lighten up as well.:icon_chee

The striking surface and trajectory of the kick tells us its not a outside crescent kick.
In an outside crescent kick, the striking surface is the outer edge of the foot, it has an ovular trajectory and strikes nearly horizontally across its target.
What we see in the video is kick with a diagonal path that strikes with the instep and not the outer-bridge of the foot.

the striking surface and trajectory of the kick tells us its not a outside crescent kick.
In an outside crescent kick, the striking surface is the outer edge of the foot, it has an ovular trajectory and strikes nearly horizontally across its target.
What we see in the video is kick with a diagonal path that strikes with the instep and not the outer-bridge of the foot.

ding ding ding this man wins the prize!

Back