MMA vets that new fans probably don't know, but should

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
List them

1. Tom Erikson - no one wanted to fight him because he was just good enough to derail anyone's climb to the top

2. Jose Landi-Jons - an uknown legend, the man was a machine and had all the skills.

3. Antonio McKee - a situation similar to Askren. Outside of the UFC he was making a big name for himself. One of the few non-UFC greats who failed to climb to the top of the UFC.

4. Igor Vovchanchyn - a very bad man in a time when the sport was full of scary motherfuckers.

Jonathan Goulet should get a mention. Achieved a lot more than being koed in 3 seconds or w/e

Javier Vazquez. Was a submission machine back in the KOTC days. Was never finished and was always entertaining. The original Showtime.

1. Tom Erikson - no one wanted to fight him because he was just good enough to derail anyone's climb to the top

2. Jose Landi-Jons - an uknown legend, the man was a machine and had all the skills.

3. Antonio McKee - a situation similar to Askren. Outside of the UFC he was making a big name for himself. One of the few non-UFC greats who failed to climb to the top of the UFC.

4. Igor Vovchanchyn - a very bad man in a time when the sport was full of scary motherfuckers.

Never heard of any of them.

Maybe not as a fighter entirely but Wallid Ismail is one of those guys who has a long reaching impact on the sport that UFC fans should be cognizant of.

Gary goodridge

I'm sure Jeremy Horn isn't known by a lot of people that started watching MMA around the UFC 100 era

McKee besmirched his own legacy by laying-n-praying for years, talking too much crap, and underwhelming in his sole UFC appearance (though Volkmann can make anyone look boring).

Funaki had a ton of fights in Pancrase and some very good wins. Though career with a lot of elite opponents
Wins over both Shamrock,Bas,Kondo,Schilt,Mezger and Minowa.

Tyson Griffin, really had high points in the UFC, and was thought to be Edgars rival at some point. Can show fans how not all the propects live up to the hype.

Takanori. didn't think i'd like an oriental fighter untill sherdog put me onto this guy. Had no idea about him and ive been somewhat keeping up with MMA since 2009.

Jeff Monson

Mamed Khalidov

Marcus Davis

Kendall Grove

I was gonna say igor. Nice list

Kid Yamamoto
Hayato Sakurai
Sakuraba
Ricardo Arona
Pedro Rizzo

Back