MMA/UFC judges - How they score

Pikkon

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
They look at the last 10 second of the fight, the end.
There is no way that anyone thought sanchez won the fight except if they just watched the last 10 sec of the first and second round and EVEN then he just landed 1 or 2 punches out of 10 and also got hit 1 or 2 times.

How much those these judges get paid by the way? Seems like one of the easiest jobs there is. I know for a fact that I or anyone who have fallowed mma for a couple of years would know more about mma and judging then these clowns.

Even if you only score the last 10 seconds, Pearson practically evaded every shot and countered him multiple times.

Even if you only score the last 10 seconds, Pearson practically evaded every shot and countered him multiple times.

i think judges score almost punches as much as connected punches. from our view point we can see what lands and what doesnt land much better. i cant believe they let ray charles judge another fight, and everyone is shocked he gave the fight to nightmare

They judge walk ins, whos bleeding the most and most punches missed and if its a tie the crowd cheers the loudest for who they like the most

honestly though i don't know why people are shocked, i knew it could go either way, judges don't know what lands and what doesn't, they see fighter x throw 10 punches and assume he landed 10 punches, Diego was the more aggressive, and active, and although he was taking a beating, i knew the judges wouldn't be able to tell the difference who was getting the better in the exchanges

I offered two of the judges my glasses last night. Neither took me up on my offer. A shame....

yet the crowd boos when on neutral ground (not here), they have worse seats than the judges.

+1 point for being Mexican. -1 point for being Asian.

I think they just weren't paying attention. Didn't matter what punches hit, how hard they were, etc., they just saw Diego throwing his arms around, moving forward, and heard the crowd cheer when he did. So they gave it to him.

i think judges score almost punches as much as connected punches. from our view point we can see what lands and what doesnt land much better.
Too true. Judges sitting at ringside, where they have a terrible view of a lot of the action, is an archaic system. They should be watching on closed circuit t.v., without sound, each on his own in a soundproof room. Perhaps they should even have some replay access, although that would be more important in boxing where it matters a whole lot whether a fighter slipped or was knocked down because 10-8 rounds are assigned on the basis mostly of knockdowns rather than total damage/control.

Back