MMA Trainer to compete in a future WFC

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Milkman Dan, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Milkman Dan

Milkman Dan Black Belt

Hey Art, I might compete in the World Fighting Championships if they come to San Antonio or around Texas again later this year. They came to San Antonio last week and the most notable names that competed in the event were Shannon Ritch (Who was knocked out again, but the match was ruled a no contest) and Anthony Macias. I think I will apply for future WFC's since they said they were taking applications for future events. But only if they are in Texas. I don't plan to make a living out of it since I plan to go to medical school, but I just want to fight in a couple of events. I just want to experience competing in MMA. I think I have good determination, cardio, speed, power, technique and knowledge to win.

2. Araz ParazIT

Araz ParazIT Amateur Fighter

good luck dude!!! I hope that you can use som joe son powers to defeat your opponents....=))

3. Milkman Dan

Milkman Dan Black Belt

Thanks!I think I am going to wear a thong and some makeup to the ring also.:p

4. ART SANTORE

ART SANTORE Green Belt Professional Fighter

hey jhon jensen one of my teachers was on that card and fought dan sevren i think. but cardio is the most important factor in a fight cause the first two minutes most guys drop thier load and run out of gas shortly after i.e. scott goddar my last fight. but go for it mma that would be awsome. i don't think i'll be fighting till october (kotc tony golinda) thought it would be sooner,but i'm trying to get a fight in mexico or someplace else. so i don't get ring rust. how often do work out with others. just remember cardio and it's ok to nervous. i know i was. i was like ok, why am i doing this again. but once it got going everything was good. keep me updated bro.

5. Milkman Dan

Milkman Dan Black Belt

Thanks Art! Actually, my cardio has always been good no matter what sport I do. People always mention how I never get tired when I work out with them. I just don't get tired when it counts. But the weak point in my game was my strength. Then this year I found the right rational weight training programs and my strength isn't that much of a concern anymore. I like to work out every other day. Doing MMA or weight training everyday is not a good idea. You get more susceptible to injuries and sometimes you can get burned out if you do it everyday. I watch instructional videos( I have thousands of instructional videos, so Art if you are looking to improve a part of your MMA game by looking at some instructionals, I can send you some tapes free if you want), analyze past MMA fights( I have hundreds of MMA events on tapes), and go to seminars. So I think I am on the right track.

6. Conrad

Conrad .........

I wish I had thousounds of instrucanaol videos. I don't want to fight but they are pretty intersting and anything I pick up helps.

Oh well.:(

7. Conrad

Conrad .........

Oh Hundreds of MMA events would be good too.:(

8. ART SANTORE

i agree with you mma and you to conrad. i train weights mon,wed and friday. cardio is now mon-thurs since i started working out with dan mon and wed. miijj on tue and thurs. my neck is stiff, well my whole body is stiff but i losen up as the day goes on. i to have noticed how my strenght has dropped. i was putting up 315 max and know i think i'm down to 280-290. so i've changed my routine up and i'm doing more reps less weight. if you've got any other help or input let me know.

mma do you train at a school or do you self train. if self training i think it would be wise to try and get to a gym and roll with some others to see where your at just for one day if possible. i say this cause when i first started out i thought i was going to be unbeatable but there i am with javi tapping me out every minute.

9. Milkman Dan

Milkman Dan Black Belt

Thanks Art. I do both. I self train and also roll with different people around town from different styles. I used to be training for a while with a guy that had a purple belt from Carlos Machado. But he left SA because he was in the military. So I just been rolling with different people from different vale tudo/bjj clubs since then to improve my ground game. I also train in boxing at several gyms here in San Antonio (SA is HUGE boxing city) for quite some time. So my hands are pretty good. I am a 7th S. Level in Wing Tsun. WT helped me in my clinch game and close range game.

As for weight training, I think you should visit these two websites Art. They are rational weight training programs, and really helped me gain muscle mass and increase strength. You should try one of these rational weight-training programs Art. You will not be disappointed in these rational weight-training programs.

http://www.cyberpump.com/training/hitfaq/

http://thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/hst-01.htm

10. ART SANTORE

thanks mma apprieate it. i will take a look at them.

11. Milkman Dan

Milkman Dan Black Belt

No thank you Art.:)

I hope I can assist you in any way so one day you can become a UFC or PRIDE champion.

12. ART SANTORE

when i do i'll put your name mma in pen on my gloves.:)

13. ART SANTORE

you'll be my right and conrad my left since it's my weaker punch.

14. Conrad

Conrad .........

Promise me Art that you won't wear those gloves during "Alone" time.

Anyways you better follow up on that. That would rule!!!

15. Milkman Dan

Milkman Dan Black Belt

Pretty soon.;)

16. ART SANTORE

only when i fight conrad, i'll make sure sherdog gets a pic of it on the site. it will be my good luck.

17. Conrad

Conrad .........

ahaha. funny. First time anyone has called me good luck

18. ART SANTORE

i'm not kinding you basterd. know look what you made me do i'm trying to cut back on the curse words. i am serious you just wait and see.

note to self -do not lose when i do this.
    myself replying- ok.

19. Milkman Dan

Milkman Dan Black Belt

Conrad is my good luck.:)

20. ART SANTORE

hey i called him that fist.:p