MMA Things That Complete Baffle You

Maybe mma is too complicated for you. Try a different sport.

Shit deflection. But hey im sure you must feel much more intelligent now haha. You must be female. Womens mma is nonsense.

How Ronda Rousey is possibly now the greatest striker in WMMA.

Shit deflection. But hey im sure you must feel much more intelligent now haha. You must be female. Womens mma is nonsense.

By all means, elaborate your criticism of women's mma: what about it is baffling to you? I mean, since it's the same sport with the same rules.

By all means, elaborate your criticism of women's mma: what about it is baffling to you? I mean, since it's the same sport with the same rules.

I am baffled that two women fight in a cage. Im baffled when two women physically fight at all. Im baffled when these women fight in a cage, how it can be so incredibly shit.

Is not normal.

What baffles me are a few things about fans' perspectives.

1. First off, some guys win most of their fights by striking the other guy, usually finishing them. The do it often enough that it's a legit strategy. And yea, they get taken down or cagehugged and often lose rounds. That's how they fight.
So many fans take this to be a weakness; that they were "losing" such and such fight before they got lucky. Or if they do lose a fight because they didn't find that moment to capitalize, that they "have nothing" for the guy who beat them.

2. There are some guys who attack early and win fights by strikes in the first round. Again, if they do it often enough, it's a perfectly legit strategy.
And again, the few times they can't finish the job and lose fights, fans say that they "have nothing" for the guy who beat them. A guy like Drew McFeddries gave EVERY opponent something to worry about and always had something early in R1.

3. Another silly one is that "dominating" someone for 3 or 5 rounds is so much superior to finishing someone. If this "dominator" is so good, then they should have picked up a finish at some point during the fight. Some guys aren't built/trained to win rounds, so they work hard to get that one moment to finish the fight, and there is nothing wrong with that.

4. The belief that "there is no such thing as a lucky punch (strike)". Of course there is! These guys often swing wildly and almost nobody has that kind of accuracy to hit a moving opponent just right.
Last UFC I saw a guy throwing a high kick, but his opponent accidentally moved the wrong way and ate the knee instead; that was not planned/trained, that was lucky.
Anything can happen in this game and the stars align just right sometimes, which has nothing to do with that stupid "preparation meets opportunity" clich

I am baffled that two women fight in a cage. Im baffled when two women physically fight at all. Im baffled when these women fight in a cage, how it can be so incredibly shit.

Is not normal.

So, as I said, you're not confused by it, you simply don't like it.

So, as I said, you're not confused by it, you simply don't like it.

Yes I am confused by women fighting. I am baffled. I dont get it. Its not appealing in any way, which makes me think, why the fuck is this happening? This isnt right.

why the fuck did Alessio Sakara keep taking Elvis Sinosic down after schooling him on the feet every time the round started.

the Nogueira brothers are younger than me

why the UFC keeps letting shitters who did really shit on TUF, fight in the UFC only to find out they are, in fact, shit

How did Cabbage not even get dropped by Arlovski or Sylvia?

how was Gan McGhee once in a UFC title fight

why so much hate for Tim Sylvia? his early UFC fights were great

how is Sakuraba still alive?

lastly, i'll never understand how people can actually 'hate' any fighters. i have many fighters i don't enjoy watching, but there isn't one fighter i can say i hate. where does that negative emotion come from? i really dont get it.

You are fighter-bashing. STFU.

In the decade Fedor was undefeated (in multiple fighting organizations), he fought and beat the best competition available...Big Nog x2, Cro Cop, Coleman x2, Schilt, Hunt, Lindland, Herring, Sylvia and Arlovski. He tried to fight Randy and Josh (the only real opponents left) but was unable to do so through no fault of his own.

His only three legit losses came at the end of his career, to very tough opponents. Learn some MMA history before making such stupid, yellow card-worthy comments.

You have just proved my point lol! Just because you beat a bunch of cans in a weak era, doesn't make you the best of all time.

Do you want to know why Rocky Marciano will never be regarded as the best heavyweight boxer of all time even though he never lost a fight? You guessed it, he was a can crusher.

Educate yourself on facts.

I really don't understand why you would post something like this. If you don't respect what Fedor has done for MMA then you are not a true fan of the sport.

Coming from the guy who's name is JustBleed, simply lol.

What has fedor done for the sport besides fight in obscure Japan during a time when there were only 35,000 mma fans in the world (I have sources)?

Joe Riggs is 31 years old.

You have to apply the 'dog years' rule to Diesel. He's like 217 yrs old in MMA terms.

Seriously doe, to listen to him and look at him you'd think he was in his mid-40's

You have just proved my point lol! Just because you beat a bunch of cans in a weak era, doesn't make you the best of all time.

Do you want to know why Rocky Marciano will never be regarded as the best heavyweight boxer of all time even though he never lost a fight? You guessed it, he was a can crusher.

Educate yourself on facts.

Weak era? What the fuck are you talking about? Pride had the best heavyweights in the world at the time while the UFC was shit. Heavyweight had a deep roster of great fighters and what's funny is that some of the heavyweights back in the "weak era" are still relevant today and top 10. In the next 10 or 15 years the same shit will be said about the UFC. I like how Dana needed to get Arlovski back so the heavyweight division can have some type relevance now lol pathetic.

Coming from the guy who's name is JustBleed, simply lol.

What has fedor done for the sport besides fight in obscure Japan during a time when there were only 35,000 mma fans in the world (I have sources)?

Hmmm damn and I wonder why most polls that come out about who is the GOAT always pick Fedor over Anderson and GSP. But that shouldn't happen right because Fedor was fighting in "obscure Japan during a time when there were only 35,000 MMA fans in the world" lol. He must not of been known and was a can and overrated right? Even when most MMA fighters past/present and champions call him the GOAT and the best fighter when he was champion, that doesn't mean shit right? I mean what do they now about MMA, I'd rather listen to sherdog posters like you.

I'm confused about how you can go to a game developer who tells you your product is less video game material than golf. Then, after you get another developer to make the game for you, the original devs make a game anyway right behind your back.

Then, somehow, after you've been disrespected and shit on, metaphorically, you sell the right to your product to those original developers and just let the ones who actually made it get eaten by another company.

Back