MMA Things That Complete Baffle You

stacked "enough"? You mean have one interesting fight on the card?

That response is directly proportionate to how much you actually enjoy mixed martial arts and watch vs. how much you need "names" to get excited.

I'll go first

How did Rumble get choked out by 155 pound fighter Rich Clementi (fighting at 170)?

I just can't understand it.

MMA fans who don't train but think they know anything about fighting or grappling while exhausted.

Convincing a bunch of professional killers, that really don't like each other, to pose together in a douche bag photo shoot.
(This joke will never get old for me & will continue to post @ every given opportunity :D)
method=get&s=dana-white-playboy.jpg

Convincing a bunch of professional killers, that really don't like each other, to pose together in a douche bag photo shoot.
(This joke will never get old for me & will continue to post @ every given opportunity :D)
method=get&s=dana-white-playboy.jpg

Lol, that shit is ridiculous...with Dana in the center in his super awesome leather jacket.

That JDS Cain promo with JDS on the cage with flames and shit.

It was obviously a decent budget add and somehow that was the edit that got approved. ??????

Oh and that Cain is smaller than JDS, Cain is bigger, I am not sure why it bothers me so much, maybe because its such a common belief I dunno but it annoys me.

Some of the scores judges hand in completely baffle me. I watched a fight the other night. I can't remember which one. One judge had it 30-27 for one fighter, another judge had it 30-27 for the other fighter. The third judge had it 29-28 for the winner and I think his was the score I agreed with. It just baffles me sometimes how differently judges see the same fight.

Same judges also failed to give Maia a 10-8 for the first round.

His opponent went 0-6 in strikes, got Knocked down, and spend the rest of the round eating punches while mounted.

Perhaps the most one sided round I have ever seen.

Not the closest to finishing, but the scoring critera makes no mention of finishing instead focuses on dominance, ie what Maia displayed in spades.

The blind Australian's robbing Uncle Creepy in the first Johnson fight.

I was sitting 6 rows from the cage and scored it for the mouse.

Listening to the crowd it was only me and the judges with that opinion.

Did the "bullshit" chant come through on the replay? it was loud and went for a while.

Many fans' hardcore allegiance and unwavering brand loyalty to a corporate promotional brand (and its president) with the devotion akin to supporting a football team

How a top fighter suddenly becomes a rusty tomato can as soon as he loses.

"Haha you n00b Sylvia is 6'8 he gunna send that Faydor bitch back to Japan in a suitcase."
36 seconds later:
"Man, that proves nothing. Tim Sylvia is a can. You don't know shit."

"They don't call him the Filipino Wrecking Machine for nothing. Dude is a destroyer of worlds. He's gonna kick that karate guy's ass and demolish Weidman in the rematch."
One headkick later:
"Mark who? He don't belong in the UFC, Zuffa should cut him."

Repeat ad infinitum.

tumblr_mvrcdk7WIS1skfk58o1_400.gif

Another thing that baffles me - is how wrestlers become strikers for the rest of their career once they drop someone with a punch or kick. They forget what their bread and butter is and think they are now strikers.

Since Diego dropped Riggs, he has stopped wrestling and become an iron-chinned punching bag who keeps coming forward.

I really don't undersand the love for Fedor. He beat some cans in an organisation that was too small to compete in an ever changing market.

Someone please tell me why a fat, bald, Russian dude is regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time? It doesn't reflect well on the sport.

You are fighter-bashing. STFU.

In the decade Fedor was undefeated (in multiple fighting organizations), he fought and beat the best competition available...Big Nog x2, Cro Cop, Coleman x2, Schilt, Hunt, Lindland, Herring, Sylvia and Arlovski. He tried to fight Randy and Josh (the only real opponents left) but was unable to do so through no fault of his own.

His only three legit losses came at the end of his career, to very tough opponents. Learn some MMA history before making such stupid, yellow card-worthy comments.

Why Dana feels he needs to be more popular than his fighters

Match making based on money and not the sport

I really don't undersand the love for Fedor. He beat some cans in an organisation that was too small to compete in an ever changing market.

Someone please tell me why a fat, bald, Russian dude is regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time? It doesn't reflect well on the sport.

I really don't understand why you would post something like this. If you don't respect what Fedor has done for MMA then you are not a true fan of the sport.

Back