MMA Things That Complete Baffle You

Not sure why so many people like to watch D level athletes and actually pay to see it in some circumstances. I'd rather watch some A level nfl and nba athletes for free.

I don't want to see "athletes" in MMA. I want to see fighters. They should be "athletes" 2nd.

Straus tapping to Curran's RNC in their second fight.
Volkov's KO of Holata.

-Gomi post-Pride
-Cecil People outright saying kicks are not effective (in his defense of Rua v Lyoto I)
-UFC title shots

I don't want to see "athletes" in MMA. I want to see fighters. They should be "athletes" 2nd.

Sadly, the UFC feels the same way. That's why 99% of the roster is filled with guys like this...

"Fighters", not athletes.

2itg7pk.jpg
And when they can't find any "fighters", they'll settle for any ol' barista, construction worker, or drywall installation expert, because fans such as yourself for example, likely can't tell the difference between someone who's just walking into the cage and is tough, and someone who has been brawling in the UFC for years. The learning curve for MMA is about a 3 day training camp at Planet Fitness.

So to answer the TS's question, what baffles me most is how the UFC has managed to convince the viewers that they are watching actual high level athletes compete, when in reality, they're just putting out a D Level product.

Last edited:
Faber vs Alex Cacerres match up how did this fight get made?

How a top fighter suddenly becomes a rusty tomato can as soon as he loses.

"Haha you n00b Sylvia is 6'8 he gunna send that Faydor bitch back to Japan in a suitcase."
36 seconds later:
"Man, that proves nothing. Tim Sylvia is a can. You don't know shit."

"They don't call him the Filipino Wrecking Machine for nothing. Dude is a destroyer of worlds. He's gonna kick that karate guy's ass and demolish Weidman in the rematch."
One headkick later:
"Mark who? He don't belong in the UFC, Zuffa should cut him."

Repeat ad infinitum.

How a top fighter suddenly becomes a rusty tomato can as soon as he loses.

"Haha you n00b Sylvia is 6'8 he gunna send that Faydor bitch back to Japan in a suitcase."
36 seconds later:
"Man, that proves nothing. Tim Sylvia is a can. You don't know shit."

"They don't call him the Filipino Wrecking Machine for nothing. Dude is a destroyer of worlds. He's gonna kick that karate guy's ass and demolish Weidman in the rematch."
One headkick later:
"Mark who? He don't belong in the UFC, Zuffa should cut him."

Repeat ad infinitum.

tumblr_msdupfY1aD1sh28k6o1_250.gif

I think mine would be that people pay so much attention to Dana White. Far more attention than they pay any fighter or fight. There are people who say they don't like him but have his twitter feed memorized.

Dana White really was refreshing 7 or 8 years ago. He's gotten worse in literally any criteria you can think of since then.

A guy gets tooled on the feet for 4 min, gets a takedown but does f*ck all damage and lays on a dude. Judges award him the round.

Baffling me for the last 12 years

As proud as an American I am, it's biased shit so we have American champs and little suburban *********s get into mma.

Fans who actually want to see Jones/Gus II

Jones at his worst beat Gus at his best

how 17 media judges scored 48-47 for someone that won but then he lost

When in a close fight that could go either way, two fighters dance around for the last 2 minutes or so. Also, why so many fans turn into Zuffa zombies that order every single event on the chance that maybe it will be exciting.

Last edited:
people who actually believe gus beat jones beyond a shadow of a doubt

Fans who whine about cards not being stacked enough after also telling you they don't bother watching prelims anyways.

stacked "enough"? You mean have one interesting fight on the card? I know it's asking allot of the UFC to put a couple good fights together on one card, but they're the ones with half the PPV sales, they're the ones with half the ratings on Fox misc networks that they had on Spike - so someone is doing something wrong, doncha think?

Back