MMA Things That Complete Baffle You

the lack of understanding of Weidman's level/status given his fairly limited experience has led to some premature claims.

It baffles me that people can press their opponents against the cage for up to a minute with their heads at the opponents' waist level because they know the opponents can't elbow them in the back and still be awarded points because it's a "dominant position" and "they are controlling the fight".

9l1p6hnzqrputn7v45l2ksavp.500x280x24.gif

Judging, it really isn't hard to watch a fight and see who won. Yes there are some fights so close we sherdoggers argue about them to this day, but 95% of fights it's obvious who won.

We should never see score cards like the 30-27 Strickland we saw this weekend.

The Goat would beat the brakes of Rebecca Black.

And I don't mean that in a sexual way.

I'm pretty sure Rebecca Black is a minor.

The goat isn't a Pedophile.

Rebecca would tool Conor on the feet because girls are the best.

some rule changes would be a nice change, do some overhauling or piece by piece, just do something that gets downed upkicks legalized, eye-pokes strictly penalized (Pride gloves) and do away with that silly "hand on the ground means downed, so I'll milk that cow when bombs come flying" rule.

knees to the head on the ground would be after those, but the above 3 are necessary for more realistic & sportsmanlike combat.

Fans who whine about cards not being stacked enough after also telling you they don't bother watching prelims anyways.

I really don't undersand the love for Fedor. He beat some cans in an organisation that was too small to compete in an ever changing market.

Someone please tell me why a fat, bald, Russian dude is regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time? It doesn't reflect well on the sport.

Not sure why so many people like to watch D level athletes and actually pay to see it in some circumstances. I'd rather watch some A level nfl and nba athletes for free.

I am baffled sometimes that people still use MMA math, I know trolls try to piss people off with it all the time, but some people are actually serious when they use mma math as a way of knowing who would win a fight, don't people realize by now fighters win rematches and styles make fights?

I really don't undersand the love for Fedor. He beat some cans in an organisation that was too small to compete in an ever changing market.

Someone please tell me why a fat, bald, Russian dude is regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time? It doesn't reflect well on the sport.

don't worry when JDS and cain are at the end of there careers you'll get it. That does remind me though I was baffled that silva fans were claiming silva wasn't trying, good thing weidman got an immediate rematch and clued them in

Seconded

Gonna
Add
-Goat lists that include shogun
-Appeal of nick diaz/uriah faber
-Dislike of fighters like-edgar/bendo/hendricks
-why pat milletech isn't reconized as one of the better commentators
- fans obsession with tweets/instagram videos
- RANKINGS
- the ufc's policy on title shots
- pride nostalgia(that forgets all the boring ass fights/ridiculous mismatches)
.................Can't think of anything else

Why does Dana have to be fucking everywhere on TUF?

A guy gets tooled on the feet for 4 min, gets a takedown but does f*ck all damage and lays on a dude. Judges award him the round.

Baffling me for the last 12 years

How often does this really happen? You have a rare fight like Hioki/Guida where a guy like Hioki is clearly doing a lot of damage and Guida wins with control, but for the most part octagon control wins when there isn't any other meaningful offense to judge the rounds on.

With the way people talk about it you would think it would be happening multiple times per card.

The way the UFC rushes every single compelling rematch and/or trilogy. They have zero clue how to build a rivalry.

The way the UFC rushes every single compelling rematch and/or trilogy. They have zero clue how to build a rivalry.

Randy vs Chuck II was brilliantly timed. Guess that's a decade ago. Yeah, now is rush rush.

why did fedor jump in werdum's guard?!?!?

I think mine would be that people pay so much attention to Dana White. Far more attention than they pay any fighter or fight. There are people who say they don't like him but have his twitter feed memorized.

Back